You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

176 this morning.

Kathy, I'm assuming the diabetes "educator" wants you, in fact, to educate her...

Rocky, I keep meaning to tell you how much I like your quote; hope you don't mind if I adopt it as one of my smart-a-- sayings. I'll happily give you credit.

Paulomi, your pup is adorable! You know what I think about cancer surgeries in general, but she could well have another good 10 years and it's worth a try.

Yesterday it was 50 degrees Fahrenheit all afternoon. This morning, the snow has already begun with 10" and highs in the mid-20s forecast for the day. Heavens!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

82 (4.54) this morning.  We are at 40° (4.4°C) this morning so a bit cooler.  Rain is supposed to start tonight and be here Friday and Saturday.  Local TV weatherman claims snow level will be 4500 feet which would include here but I think that is iffy.
My doctors visit yesterday was mostly positive, all electrolytes are in normal levels.  The only downer was that although my HDL and LDL are at quite good levels my Trigs were very high at 504.  I'm not sure why this would happen as my Trigs have been quite good for the last couple of years.   It may have to do with all of the hospital time and food but she wants me to start Fenofibrate for a while and recheck in 3 months.  Sigh. 
CCD, good looking dog you have.  I am sending a prayer that the operation does exactly what it is intended to do and she is clear of any cancer.  I believe that you are doing the right thing.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

121 this morning.

Carbcrazydog - your pup is absolutely adorable.  There is a popular veterinarian program here in the US and many times I've heard him say "that our pets live in the here and now" and they forgive us for whatever surgeries or procedures that are necessary to make them more comfortable.  Wishing you and your pet the very best.

John - I was disappointed in my appointment with the CDE because she openly admitted to not knowing much about the actual insulin pumps or the supplies needed to use the pump.  So, it looks like I will continue to attend the "school of hard knocks".  She did offer several suggestions on phone apps for counting steps - and we talked about 'duration of action' with insulin.  She is a personable young woman, she just isn't diabetic and would understand the whole process.  I can't fault her for that.

We have sunshine today and a temperature of 15 deg F.  It will be a good day in spite of the cold.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this raining morning, 93 (5.15) at bedtime last night.

It has been raining all day, temp 45°F (7.22°C).  Lots of melting going on, in fact it is beginning to look like this may be a flood year.  :( I really hope not!!

Paulomi, your pup is adorable!! Sending good thoughts and prayers that the surgery is successful.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

129 today. I need to throw away the remaining chocolate bars  ;D

Paulomi, that's a beautiful picture. I've have raised one of that breed quite a few years ago. They have a very sharp barking style & bark a lot. You are a wonderful caretaker & I'm sure you pup is going to be fine.

Kathy, your educator is certainly getting a fine education. I wish they would join our forum to improve their understanding, but the " official kingdom" would certainly look down upon it.

Wally, that TG number is intriguing. I doubt a month's supply of hospital food could do that. My needle of suspicion would point towards some medication causing that. One week's good eating will bring down that number more rapidly than the fenofibrate can. Out of all the cholesterol numbers, TG responds fastest, almost on a meal to meal basis.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Carbcrazydog

Thanks a lot for your good wishes.

skb- I have raised only this breed and Indian dogs till date and have been so lucky with Pomeranians. Despite their sharp barking nature, mine were always docile. We waited 2 weeks to hear the previous one bark. This one barks when I leave her at the supermarket gate to go and shop inside. She just does not get it why she wont be allowed inside :)

117 today morning. i need to stop buying chocolates "for the kids"  :-X skb- i feel your chocolate temptations. Did you try out the paleo bars that have come into the market. We have it in Hyderabad so Bangalore supermarkets should have it too. The Dark chocolate ones are good. 8 carbs per bar is what the nutritional info says. Havent tested post that though.

rocky

Any of you could educate the diabetic educator  ;D

I have my lowest reading today 86. Am I mighty glad  ;D ;D
My life is based on a true story.

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on February 09, 2017, 11:38:27 PM
skb- i feel your chocolate temptations. Did you try out the paleo bars that have come into the market. We have it in Hyderabad so Bangalore supermarkets should have it too. The Dark chocolate ones are good. 8 carbs per bar is what the nutritional info says. Havent tested post that though.

The Mrs. is out till Sunday, but I'll certainly pass on this information to her. She does all the groceries and the buying. If you can give me more details, that'll be helpful. If you don't mind, I'll have them picked up in Mumbai, where we live. To buy these in Bangalore, I'll have to travel about 1000 kms one-way   ~wnk~

Rocky, you are a superstar. We ought to learn something from you. Well done  ~hi5~
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

248 this morning.

My pod occluded about 3:45am and it always seems to take awhile for them to deliver insulin properly, hence the high glucose.

We sure did get snow yesterday! My wife actually went in to her clinic but only one patient showed up. Meanwhile, I took a chance and tried out my new snow blower with much success; a great purchase!

I got it in my head that a raven would make a terrific pet (I could name it Edgar). Golly, the worldwide interweb reveals a stunning array of information on the subject. Who knew? Anyway, it turns out to be difficult and illegal, so I guess I'll pass on that scheme.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

62 (3.4) this morning....not a great way to start the day.  The wind speed today is 20 mph so the wind chill is 10 deg F (-12C).

I'm wondering if more movement in my day is responsible for the low this morning?  I'm trying to get more steps, so maybe I need to adjust basal rate too?

John - Does the pod PDM allow you to run a temp basal?  If so, maybe you could try that IF your numbers always run high after pod insertion.  I do a temp basal (suggestion came from the young CDE I saw) to avoid a low.  And I also run a temp basal when I insert an infusion set because my numbers usually run high after a new infusion set.  Given you have other medical issues, you might want to ask your Endo if a temp basal would be a prudent idea for you.

My Dad told me the story of the crow he had as a pet when he was a boy.  The bird was free during the day and came to my Dad's house at night to be housed inside the garage until morning.  He was extremely intelligent for a bird or so the story went.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Carbcrazydog

skb- http://www.amazon.in/Zealeo-Almond-Dark-Choco-Paleo/dp/B01M5HO3C6 It has a lot of other flavors. I tried this and one more nutty something. I liked the dark chocolate a lot and the other one not as much.

I don't know why i thought you live in Bangalore! :)

Shanny

Quote from: skb on February 09, 2017, 09:30:50 PMOne week's good eating will bring down that number more rapidly than the fenofibrate can. Out of all the cholesterol numbers, TG responds fastest, almost on a meal to meal basis. (emphasis by Shanny ;) )
This is absolutely true, and I've proven it on myself. I wouldn't bother filling the prescription - just strict LCHF will bring it down in a flash.

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on February 09, 2017, 09:30:50 PM

Wally, that TG number is intriguing. I doubt a month's supply of hospital food could do that. My needle of suspicion would point towards some medication causing that. One week's good eating will bring down that number more rapidly than the fenofibrate can. Out of all the cholesterol numbers, TG responds fastest, almost on a meal to meal basis.

Yeah, it's a bit of a puzzle.  Medications haven't changed so I don't think that is the cause.  I had this happen over 3 years ago when I stopped taking a statin.  My trigs went over 500 then and I stayed with it and it took about a year for the number to come down to the normal level.  I have no idea why not taking a statin would raise trigs but it did.  At the time I was checking causes and fixes for high trigs and the first item was to reduce carbs, well I had already done that.  Other suggestions were to exercise and I was doing as much as I could.  That is one area I haven't been able to do as much as I used to.  Going to keep an eye on it and see what happens.
Rain hasn't started yet but is approaching and we should see significant rainfall according to the satellite view.
@Tamagno, on one hand I think a Raven would make a great pet, they are very smart birds.  They are also very big birds !  We have a large population of Ravens around here.  They are scavengers and keep road kill cleaned up off the highway.  I don't know if it would be illegal here but I don't think a Raven would like captivation.  They also can be quite loud !   :D
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

Quote from: Shanny on February 10, 2017, 10:29:50 AM
Quote from: skb on February 09, 2017, 09:30:50 PMOne week's good eating will bring down that number more rapidly than the fenofibrate can. Out of all the cholesterol numbers, TG responds fastest, almost on a meal to meal basis. (emphasis by Shanny ;) )
This is absolutely true, and I've proven it on myself. I wouldn't bother filling the prescription - just strict LCHF will bring it down in a flash.
This is apparently true for most people but from past experience I don't conform to that.  I have been out of the hospital for 3 weeks now and always conform to a LCHF diet.  My trigs do not come down " in a flash" but do come down over a few months.  The odd thing is that I do all of the things that are supposed to bring trigs down as a regular way of life and this puzzles me to no end.  I am going to use the fenofibrate to see if it has an effect mainly because I have not used it before.  A few years ago I was taking Gemofibrozil which is similar and had no bad results from it but my doctor stopped it.  I'll have retesting in 3 months and maybe have a better picture.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

77 (4.27) this partly cloudy morning, 85 (4.71) at bedtime last night.

It got up to 42°F (5.55°C) today with just a little rain.  Melting has slowed down a lot, thank goodness!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.