You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on February 10, 2017, 10:52:01 AM
This is apparently true for most people but from past experience I don't conform to that.  I have been out of the hospital for 3 weeks now and always conform to a LCHF diet.  My trigs do not come down " in a flash" but do come down over a few months.  The odd thing is that I do all of the things that are supposed to bring trigs down as a regular way of life and this puzzles me to no end.  I am going to use the fenofibrate to see if it has an effect mainly because I have not used it before.  A few years ago I was taking Gemofibrozil which is similar and had no bad results from it but my doctor stopped it.  I'll have retesting in 3 months and maybe have a better picture.

One size doesn't fit all, is true, as far as cholesterol is concerned. While LCHF brings down cholesterol numbers in a majority, my numbers tend to go up. Except for the TGs. I don't recall a 3 digit score in the past 1/2 decade. Paul Jaminet & others have put a number of 20% to this minority. Most of these researchers feel that it is a dysfunctional Thyroid that is responsible because it is the free T3 that is largely responsible for LDL clearance. This seems to be the case for me as I suffer from Hashimoto's as well. The synthesised thyroxine bring down the TSH numbers but do not work as efficiently as the natural thyroid hormones. No surprise there.

BG report - 132. Had a long session with my son last night discussing health & work. I do overeat when I talk a lot.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

skb, talking and eating go hand in hand, i know what you mean.

I had my lowest number ever, last evening (78) and I thought I would repeat that in the morning as well. But for some reason my liver didn't agree and I got a 90.

I'm still reading all of the cholesterol information and I must admit, my head is still spinning. I think you guys deserve a "Dr" tag.
My life is based on a true story.

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on February 10, 2017, 10:18:44 AM
skb- http://www.amazon.in/Zealeo-Almond-Dark-Choco-Paleo/dp/B01M5HO3C6 It has a lot of other flavors. I tried this and one more nutty something. I liked the dark chocolate a lot and the other one not as much.

I don't know why i thought you live in Bangalore! :)

Thanks Paulomi. Since this is on amazon, I'll order it right away.
I'm born and brought up in Mumbai, and have a Guju wife, who you will love meeting  ;D
When coming to Mumbai, do give this a thought.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

233 this morning.

Thanks, Kathy; I've never tried the temp basal but it might be just the thing.

Wally, I read that ravens are the smartest of birds. I'd be careful around them - they evidently can have people they don't like and spread the word by facial recognition amongst the murder!

Spent much of yesterday clearing snow from the deck. Small sections at a time did the job eventually and I was pleased albeit tired.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

91 this morning. 

My husband and I are going to the recycle center this morning, which is always a 'interesting' experience.  It is amazing to find out how many people actually recycle things.

Weather looks like it will bless us with snow and lots of it - but not before we do our recycle errand, I hope.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

117 (6.48) this morning.   ~owl~   We had taco salad last night and usually I do well with it but I pigged out last night because it was so good.  I do deserve the higher number and since I know why I am not going to stress about it.
The prediction that yesterdays rain was going to be more than the last storm fizzled out.  We did get a small amount, 0.21 inch, and that was just enough to make the cement wet.  The weather gurus claim a 30% chance today but nothing so far. 
@SKB, It is interesting for sure, my T3 and T4 are in the normal range so I don't think that is a problem.  My cholesterol numbers are quite good, HDL = 58, LDL = 78.  My only problem seems to be the trigs.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this mostly sunny morning, 86 (4.76) at bedtime last night.

42°F (5.55°C) snow still slowly melting which is just as it should be.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

82 last evening and a 91 this morning. Had hoped to do better, but I know that numbers can be misleading (by a bit). So I'm happy, very happy.  ;D ;D

Shanny

And I'm happy FOR you, Rocky! You're just amazing!  ~wut~

Tamagno

249 this morning.

Four-eight inches of snow starting at 8:00am and ending tomorrow at 8:00pm.

Being largely stuck at home has advantages. Yesterday, I organized my pile of Amazon boxes and vacuumed behind the refrigerator so the only things left to do are trying to fly my drone indoors, transcribing my performance tapes, practicing and getting taxes ready for the accountant (I'd better do that first as it's hateful).

Of course, my OCD has extended to the problem of accurate measuring. While I understand there's a minuscule point at which things are no longer divisible by half, I'm wondering about the many other measurements that fall in the cracks.

Looks like it could be a busy day after all!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

87 (4.82) this morning.  Certainly better than yesterday !   :)
All signs of rain are gone for now and it will be sunny for the next few days.  Next storm system is due here Thursday and shows a 60-80% chance of rain for 7 days.  That will be interesting.  As the ground is saturated some areas may be in for trouble from flooding and mud slides. 
@Tamagno, I have to admit, usually when measuring I take the attitude " that's close enough ".  I never would have made a very good machinist.  ;D
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

91 this morning.

John - my goodness, you folks certainly received more than your share of the white stuff.  I saw on the evening news pictures of 'white-out' conditions of places on the East coast.  Being housebound does have its advantages I guess.

My husband is a machinist with more than 45 years experience.  If I am knitting and want to know how long the scarf is, I just hold it up and ask him for a 'guesstimate' and 9 times out of 10, his guess is spot on. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this mostly sunny morning, 72 (3.99) at bedtime last night.

It only got up to 32°F (0°C) so not much melting today.  Next predicted snow is next Friday.

Ugh, taxes!! I need to get on them too!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on February 12, 2017, 06:54:12 AM
Being largely stuck at home has advantages. Yesterday, I organized my pile of Amazon boxes and vacuumed behind the refrigerator so the only things left to do are trying to fly my drone indoors, transcribing my performance tapes, practicing and getting taxes ready for the accountant (I'd better do that first as it's hateful).

Of course, my OCD has extended to the problem of accurate measuring. While I understand there's a minuscule point at which things are no longer divisible by half, I'm wondering about the many other measurements that fall in the cracks.

Looks like it could be a busy day after all!

With perspective like that, you will always have your hands full and always be busy  ;D
If the drone is for real, you could mount some cameras on that, and look at yourself from different angles.

BG wise, not a bad day - 128, but I'm on the mend. No more chocolate for me.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

80 pre-dinner and 90 this morning. It's good to be good on a Sunday  ;D