You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: skb on February 11, 2017, 12:43:53 AM
Quote from: Carbcrazydog on February 10, 2017, 10:18:44 AM
skb- http://www.amazon.in/Zealeo-Almond-Dark-Choco-Paleo/dp/B01M5HO3C6
I'm born and brought up in Mumbai, and have a Guju wife, who you will love meeting  ;D
When coming to Mumbai, do give this a thought.

Controlling blood sugars with a Gujarati wife can be as hard as it can get. They just love cooking and feeding :)

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on February 14, 2017, 11:28:13 PM
Controlling blood sugars with a Gujarati wife can be as hard as it can get. They just love cooking and feeding :)

;D Don't I know that, but I've managed to change her ways. We are both LCHFers but she does love to cook. In fact we both do.
BTW this is her http://www.diabetic.pub/forum//index.php?action=profile;u=6

I also have family in Hyderabad, but we don't visit anymore. Been quite  a few years. Last visit was 2011.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

206 this morning.

Off to see my very fierce and hard-working oncologist this afternoon where I'll get the results of my recent PET scan and MRI. I'm only expecting good results, so it should be fine. Hopefully, my weight, white blood count and platelets are up to some reasonable amount as well. Also will get tested for UTIs.

Okay, SKB and CCD, I'm waiting to hear what exactly is a Gujarati wife!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Gujarat is a state of India from where both Paulomi (ccd) & Ami hail. That region is famous for a lot of carby snacks. A Gujararti always has food on his/her mind  ;)
Hence the comments.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

107 (5.93) this morning.  Not sure where that came from but I do feel a bit snotty this morning, hope I am not coming down with anything.
Storm front due tomorrow late afternoon and today it is supposed to be sunny and warm.  Local TV weatherman says we will experience a "pre-frontal warm up" now that is the first time I have ever heard of that !  Do they make these things up ?
@Tamagno, hope your test results are all good.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

59 this morning and there is nothing like several glucose tablets to start my day.

skb - There are advantages to having a wife who enjoys cooking.  I've noticed your Ami has posted a number of fine recipes.  Is the area where your wife is from famous for its chocolates too?

We had a visitor to our bird feeder yesterday which was a Coopers Hawk.  His main preferred food is other birds, so that would explain the fact there were no birds around prior to the hawk's visit.  I wonder how they knew he was coming?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: skb on February 15, 2017, 04:17:29 AM
Quote from: Carbcrazydog on February 14, 2017, 11:28:13 PM

;D Don't I know that, but I've managed to change her ways. We are both LCHFers but she does love to cook. In fact we both do.
BTW this is her http://www.diabetic.pub/forum//index.php?action=profile;u=6

I also have family in Hyderabad, but we don't visit anymore. Been quite  a few years. Last visit was 2011.

You should come down to Hyderabad then. I could take a lot of LCHF tips from a fellow Gujarati. :)

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: Tamagno on February 15, 2017, 06:58:09 AM
206 this morning.

Off to see my very fierce and hard-working oncologist this afternoon where I'll get the results of my recent PET scan and MRI. I'm only expecting good results, so it should be fine. Hopefully, my weight, white blood count and platelets are up to some reasonable amount as well. Also will get tested for UTIs.

Okay, SKB and CCD, I'm waiting to hear what exactly is a Gujarati wife!

Fingers crossed for good results.

Gujarat is a state in India known for food. The people there are pretty miserly about spending money and hence there are not as much fancy places but a lot of pocket friendly street food. If someone in Gujarat wants to impress a guest, they take them to a place (could be really far) but where you get an entire Gujarati thali (a 7-8 course meal) in 50 rupees (80 cents). They impress people by portraying that they know the value for money and know the places where they get the most out of what they spend. The culture is slowly changing and fancy places are coming up. But money and food is mostly what they are thinking about :)

Shanny

Quote from: walkerwally1 on February 15, 2017, 09:31:06 AMI do feel a bit snotty this morning, hope I am not coming down with anything.
I've been 'snotty' for the last coupla days and I'm blaming it on allergies. With the weird weather patterns this winter, there's no telling what's blowing around these breezy gusty days, but my snoot is making life miserable!

bigskygal

Snap Rocky!! 88 (4.88) here too this mostly clear morning, 82 (4.54) at bedtime last night.

Small chance of rain for tonight and tomorrow.

@Tamagno hope all your results were good.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on February 15, 2017, 09:56:08 AM
skb - There are advantages to having a wife who enjoys cooking.  I've noticed your Ami has posted a number of fine recipes.  Is the area where your wife is from famous for its chocolates too?

Kathy, I don't think chocolate is a traditional Indian food item. Gujarati cuisine has a sweet dish known as "Basundi" which is one of my weaknesses. Maybe Paulomi or Ami can post the recipe for it.

Paulomi, when using the "quote" option, ensure that the end tag "[/quote]" is complete. If you miss / delete the closing "]" your post is added to the quote. Slightly confusing, so ,,,
Modern Gujaratis are spending a lot of money. Whenever we go out eating or are at the airports on one of our travels, all we can hear is Gujarati being spoken all around us. And yes as soon as the flight takes off, the packed foodstuff comes out.
A visit to Hyderabad is not on the cards as of now, but if that does get planned, I'll let you know.

All those who are feeling "snotty", go for your Omega3 or Vitamin C, if you have any. It sure does help. Half a gram of baking soda mixed in a glass of water is also helpful.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

And I hate putting in my numbers after BSG & Wally. 79/90 for today.

In Saudia we had a large Indian population, but most of them came from down south in Kerala. Dont know any Gujaratis, but the conversation makes me feel like befriending a few. There are some here in Singapore. 
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

Quote from: skb on February 15, 2017, 10:15:35 PM
Paulomi, when using the "quote" option, ensure that the end tag is complete. If you miss / delete the closing "]" your post is added to the quote. Slightly confusing, so ,,,
I'll go fix Paulomi's post now, all right?

Carbcrazydog

119 today morning.

Shanny- Thanks for fixing it. skb- I will keep that in mind. Thanks!

Basundi is super sweet and yummy. Havent dared to have it in awhile. My favorite is custard apple basundi. It is seasonal. I think they boil milk for a long time stirring it till it is thick in consistency (a little thinner than custard) and add sugar and custard apple in it. Gulab jamuns and Jalebi are more popular in Gujarat. Jalebi is considered as one of the unhealthiest desserts. After churros i think...

Tamagno

186 this morning.

The oncologist yesterday was fine. My tumor has shrunk so the surgery is all set. The PET scan didn't show any metastasis to my brain, but did turn up an aneurysm that the docs want to do more tests on.

The Gujaratis sound swell and the 80 cent thali is very appealing. In my dotage, going out to expensive restaurants seems like a waste of money when perfectly good food can be made at home.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost