You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

100 this morning.

We had rain here yesterday and in the evening.  Hubby put a 5 gallon pail under the downspout to collect rainwater for my houseplants.  Who would have thought we could do that at the end of February when normally we're looking at 6" of the white stuff??
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on February 20, 2017, 08:51:18 PM
I don't think India has any low Carb beers  for now. With the low Carb movement gaining ground I'm sure they'll start making some, soon.
In the USA "Light beers" have been popular for years.  They don't advertise them as low carb but as " low calorie " and that is what makes them popular.  For a diabetic fortunately it also means lower carbs.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

101 (5.60) this morning.  Looking at the chart on my bg tracker it is "follow the bouncing ball"  :D
We did get about 1/4 inch of rain yesterday and there is a slight chance of getting something today.

Interesting that the local TV weatherman is calling for rain and snow for tomorrow and all of the weather services are saying sunny.  Well, someone is going to be right ! 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on February 21, 2017, 11:40:23 AM
101 (5.60) this morning.  Looking at the chart on my bg tracker it is "follow the bouncing ball"  :D
We did get about 1/4 inch of rain yesterday and there is a slight chance of getting something today.

Interesting that the local TV weatherman is calling for rain and snow for tomorrow and all of the weather services are saying sunny.  Well, someone is going to be right !

Wally ~ I think "Mother Nature" got her orders mixed up for the weather.  You folks who normally get nice weather are forecast to have rain and snow whilst we, who normally get snow at this time of year, are having temperatures in the 60s and 70s and lots of sunshine.  I'm NOT complaining about this nice weather, mind you, but just saying Mother Nature got mixed up.  It is nice enough here that we had the windows open for a few hours yesterday.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this cloudy/foggy morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night.

The beer I drink is Michelob Ultra.  It is 2.6 grams of carbs per 12 oz bottle with 95 calories.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Ah, we do have a couple of "light" beer brands. But I always thought that the "light" meant lower alcohol content. Sure enough that translates to low calorie as alcohol contains 7 cal/gm.

Mumbai temperatures also dropped a couple of notches since yesterday. Thankfully.

115 this morning
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

88 / 95 for the today.

Tiger Beer has a light version called Crystal, but I don't like the taste. I would prefer the normal lager. Though, I haven't had one in months.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: skb on February 21, 2017, 03:01:17 AM
Quote from: Carbcrazydog on February 20, 2017, 11:52:09 PM
Gearing up for daughter's birthday. I should have a birthday cake with a mule and a crocodile on it. (As stubborn as a mule. Fake tears like a crocodile- sums her up pretty much) :)

I guess it's going to be a chocolate cake.  :P 
I wonder if your daughter made a cake for you, what symbols would she use ?  ;D

Forgot to test today morning.

skb- it's a vanilla cake with fresh Strawberry. the attached pic is what it will look like. except it will be white based with pink and black polka dots and apart from the Mickey mouse (my daughter calls it missuuaauu), it will have two tiny shoes and a milk bottle too.

How my daughter would describe me? the zombie mom who is addicted to her phone and lectures me over a 20 minute rule for watching videos. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

skb

Paulomi,
That's a very cute cake. I'm sure your daughter is counting hours before she can cut it and eat it.
BTW, I'm headed back northwards into, yes, the land of Thalis.  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

93 this morning.

Great looking birthday cake, CCD! I'm sure your daughter will love it.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

Snap Tamagno, 93 (5.15) this morning for me this morning also.  The local TV weatherman is still claiming that we will see snow today while all of the weather services say it will be sunny ?   ~tnk~
Well, one thing they both are right about is the wind.  It has been windy all night and continues today.  We have gusts 25-25 MPH and I think it will be here all day today. 
I have to go to town for an abdominal ultrasound.  This is for my cardiologist and I really don't know why a cardiologist wants an abdominal ultrasound.  Guess I need to ask him.  The pain is that you have to fast without anything to eat or drink and my appointment isn't until 11:30 AM.  The nothing to eat is OK but I can't even have a cup of coffee and that makes me cranky.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Shanny

'Nothing to drink' would wreck me too, Wally. I get started as soon as I get up, drinking a quart of green tea or lightly salted lemon water in order to get a head start on staying hydrated. I think for we old folks, staying hydrated is most important, as we can get dehyrated so easily.

walkerwally1

Yeah, I'm really used to having my "bullet proof coffee" in the morning which is 32 ounces and then I fill the mug with water for another 32 ounces the rest of the morning.  I managed OK this morning though and was just a bit cranky and the ultrasound only took about 15 min.  I do drink a lot of water during the day though.  I think it's good.  I have seen older people that have problems because they don't drink enough.  When my MIL starts to have problems, she is 93, she usually needs to be reminded to drink more water and then she gets better. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

102 (5.65) this partly cloudy morning, 83 (4.6) at bedtime last night.

Really sick today.  I fell when I first got up, was really dizzy.  Diarrhea and vomiting and sore ribs and muscles.  Drank chamomile tea and ginger water.  Just couldn't eat anything till around 5PM. Yuk!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

I really don't like the sounds of this, Barb. Have you always had the dizziness with the falling? Mom used to take antivert, but I don't know what the latest treatment is for vertigo.  ~hug~