You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this snowy morning, 87 (4.82) at bedtime last night.

High today ended up at 40°f (4.44°C) it snowed lightly all morning until about 2PM. More snow for tomorrow and Tuesday if forecasts are to be believed...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

113 today morning. Went to my farm yesterday for salaries and all that. It's too hot so we don't stay back. Just made a day trip. But I was very watchful with food. On the way back, we stopped for lunch where buffet meals were being served. I stood firm and only nibbled on some charcoal grilled chicken.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

77 before dinner yesterday and 90 today morning.
Yesterday I checked my mum's fasting BG just for my information. She was at 83, while I have to struggle to keep myself in the 90s.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

119 today morning. Bad eating choices yesterday.

Rocky- My mom and my husband are the same. Both are around 20/30 kgs overweight and obesity and diabetes are interlinked. But both can eat 100-150 carbs per meal and have 75-80 as a fasting number.

I guess life is unfair. But i am relieved that they dont have diabetes and I have one less thing to worry about.

skb

Temperature Converter has been put up at the bottom of the right panel.
We have a better one, but for some reason it is giving some problem for now. Will get that fixed and re-install. Meanwhile this will serve the purpose
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

92 (5.10) this morning.  Well, the rain started around 9:00 AM yesterday and we got about 1/3 inch then around 2:00 PM it turned to sleet and then snow but it was very light.  This morning there is no snow on the ground here and it is clear and dry.  It is cold though, 19° (-7.2°C) at 6:00 AM and only supposed to get up to around 40° (4.4°C) but it is supposed to be about 15° warmer tomorrow and we should be in the 70's, around 21°C, for the next 10+ days.   ~clp~
Maybe Spring is around the corner.
I have an appointment for a follow up with the Surgeon that did my broken hip Friday and need to get X-rays before and I was going to go today but I think I will wait and go tomorrow when it is warmer. 
@Rocky, yeah, people without Diabetes can eat pretty much anything and not worry about their blood sugar.  On the other hand we do.  It may seem cruel but it is just the way it works.  Good for your Mum though, one thing you don't have to worry about.
@SKB, the temp converter works well for me so it seems that there is no rush to replace it.  Thanks for adding it.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

My Fasting BG was at 114 today morning. Not very out of my range yet a little higher. Before dinner I was at 93 and thought I'd see a much lower number in the morning. I have been eating very strict these past few days and my numbers have crawled back towards my range. Not yet there, but getting there.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

77 (4.27) this cool morning, 89 (4.93) at bedtime last night.

High today was 38°F (3.3°C) low tonight forecast 22°F (-5°C).  It started lightly snowing about 5PM and there is about an inch of accumulation it is just spitting now so don't think there will be much more.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

Yes I agree. Thankfully mum is not diabetic and that makes it better for me, not having to worry about her. It would have been very difficult for her to eat without any rice.

I was 80 last evening and 93 this morning.

Thanks for the Temperature Converter skb. 
My life is based on a true story.

Vahit

Hello everyone,
My last number was 136 on 1st March. After that these were my numbers.
3rd March - 147, 6th March 122 and today 129.
Numbers are coming down for sure. I am super happy.

Why numbers are going up on certain days ? Can someone inform me.

Have a great day.
Vahit

walkerwally1

98 (5.43) this morning.  24°F this morning so warmer then yesterday but still below freezing.  It is expected to be at least 10° warmer today and may even get into the low 70's by the end of the week.
Off in a bit to have X-rays of my hip for a follow up appointment with the surgeon that did my repair on Friday. 
@Vahit, you are the only one that can answer your question.  You need to take a close look at what you are eating and compare that to your bg readings.  When I first started LCHF I measured or weighed everything  I ate and tested before and after every meal and learned how different foods affected my bg.  After a while you can develop a diet that fits you personally to meet your bg goals.  It is a lot of work at the start but it gets easier. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

103 (5.73) this morning after a night of terrible thunderstorms and the threat of tornadoes.  I stayed awake until 2:00 a.m. when the storms moved through our area.  We were fortunate to not have major damage.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

I live in California and have been through several large earthquakes and many, many small ones and they don't bother me at all.  On the other hand tornadoes would scare the heck out of me.  I don't blame you for staying awake, I would be too. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on March 07, 2017, 10:25:55 AM
I live in California and have been through several large earthquakes and many, many small ones and they don't bother me at all.  On the other hand tornadoes would scare the heck out of me.  I don't blame you for staying awake, I would be too.

We had one small earthquake some years ago and that scared me really good.  The fact that the tornadoes formed after dark is what really concerns me.  During daylight hours a person can watch the sky for ominous signs of a tornado.  However at night you can only see the wind and by then it is too late to seek shelter.  My blood sugars were way out of control last night but settled toward morning and they are decent today.  Don't know why the weather influenced my blood sugar, but it seems like it did.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this cloudy morning, 86 (4.76) at bedtime last night.

Vahit, Wally is correct.  You have to test everything you eat and log the results. It is a lot of work in the beginning, but after a while you will have a list of foods that are safe for you to eat.  We are all different in what foods we can tolerate and the amount of that food.  I have been at this a bit over 5 years now, and I just recently stopped logging/weighing/measuring foods.  Of course if I try something new it gets tested heavily.

Grammabear, I don't think it was the weather but the stress over the weather that messed with your bg.