You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: Vahit on March 07, 2017, 06:29:53 AM
Why numbers are going up on certain days ? Can someone inform me

The morning numbers are the toughest to control. The liver is the warehouse of glucose in the body in the form of much more complex chains known as glycogen. A well stocked liver brings in a lot unpredictability to the system. Keep up good eating for a few weeks to deplete your reserves & then your numbers will begin to make a lot of sense. Besides, the difference in your numbers can easily be attributed to meter inconsistencies.

Quote from: walkerwally1 on March 07, 2017, 10:25:55 AM
I live in California and have been through several large earthquakes and many, many small ones and they don't bother me at all.  On the other hand tornadoes would scare the heck out of me.  I don't blame you for staying awake, I would be too. 

I've experienced a couple of earthquakes myself, one of which was pretty strong. A tornado would definitely make me run. Whether that would help or not, I am not so sure.

Quote from: Grammabear on March 07, 2017, 01:41:56 PM
My blood sugars were way out of control last night but settled toward morning and they are decent today.  Don't know why the weather influenced my blood sugar, but it seems like it did.

That would probably be the result of a cortisol surge. Cortisol is the stress hormone of the body and it causes a rise in BG. It is meant to make glucose readily available in case it is required for "fight or flight"

My Fasting number was 110 today.

No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Vahit? The only way to get your blood sugar lower and keep it down is to follow the Eat To Your Meter technique, and the instructions for that are right here. Eat-to-your-meter. You'll need to do this for some months in order to compile your own personal 'safe foods' list, as mentioned by the others. There's no other way around it - our blood sugar is directly related to what we eat, and the only way to learn how your body reacts to foods is to test, and test, and test some more. Once you learn how your body tolerates any given food, you can back off some of the tests, but it's important to keep a close eye on it. The best way to do this is to use our BG Tracker, which will provide you with the graphs that will indicate patterns and trends in your blood sugar levels.

rocky

82 in the evening and 91 in the morning.

Vahit, Being patient and closely watching your intake are the keys to successfully lowering your BG. I had a similar pattern in the beginning and I'm sure in time your numbers will stop swinging all over the place. The important thing is that your numbers are surely climbing down.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

121 today morning. Had a team lunch outside with wrong choices but have been good in most of the meals these days. I nibble on a piece of dark chocolate around midnight which i should probably do around 10 to get my fasting even lower. Which means i will have to hide and nibble on the chocolate as kids are up then and always eye me suspiciously if i open the fridge slowly.. :)

I am so sleepy at work today. Last 3 days of work before holidays. Kids are super excited and every day wake up and try to convince me that it is a Friday today :)

walkerwally1

71 (3.93) this morning.  That's low for me but I'll take it. 
Our low overnight was 31.5° so just a hair under freezing.  High yesterday 57° so not as warm as expected but it should be warmer each day until the weekend.  I was in town yesterday where it is usually 10-15° warmer and it was comfortable in just a T-shirt.   ~clp~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

I always suspect it's warmer in town because of all the concrete & paving which absorbs heat & holds onto it. For thirty years I've fought paving the driveway or any more sidewalks out here - anything that requires pouring concrete.

skb

The carbon footprint of a populated area is bound to be higher for the countless emissions and radiations from a number of sources. Yes, concrete would be a very large contributor to the increase in temperatures.

I took 2 readings for both my pre-dinner and Fasting readings. I used my more accurate One Touch & more consistent AccuChek (strips are much cheaper) and these are the numbers I got. Before dinner 92/103 and Fasting 96/105. I've always been asserting that my accuchek reads 10% higher in the normal ranges and this is yet another confirmation of that.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

79 (4.38) this rainy morning, 83 (4.6) at bedtime last night.

It has been raining on and off all day.  So much mud!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

I'm okay but had a very diffifucult 7-hour surgery. The after care is hard, but they're doing a pretty good job managing it intravenously.

My fastingb glucose this morning was 247. But it got down lower later, but of course I haven't been been able eat at at all. Probably won't be able to comunnicate much for at least a week.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

It's great to hear from you John. A surgery like that, will take some time healing. Take care, and be well. We will wait to hear more from you.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

Very good to hear from you John.  Grateful to hear you are in the process of recovery.  Will remember you in prayer tonight.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Carbcrazydog

127 today morning. Again a late dinner with higher than should have been carbs.

But then i met an ex neighbour and he said i lost weight! 4 kgs down- 8 kgs to go.

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on March 08, 2017, 08:46:23 PM
I'm okay but had a very diffifucult 7-hour surgery. The after care is hard, but they're doing a pretty good job managing it intravenously.

My fastingb glucose this morning was 247. But it got down lower later, but of course I haven't been been able eat at at all. Probably won't be able to comunnicate much for at least a week.
John - you are such a trouper to log in & give us an update. May you have a smooth and quick recovery, my friend.  <3

rocky

Tamagno, So happy to hear from you  ;D It was very nice of you to keep us in the loop from hospital. Wish you a very fast recovery.

Dinner with mum went well. I avoided all the carby stuff but couldn't say no to a small slice of ice cream cake.  :P

My pre-dinner number was 82 and today morning 95. Not bad, eh ?  ;)
My life is based on a true story.

Vahit

Hello everyone,

My last question was answered very well. thank you so much.
Can someone explain this. My early morning number today was 117. I then had a heavy break fast of some eggs and meat ball in gravy with a large glass of milk. Then I checked again exactly after 2 hours. To my surprise my number come down. Now it was 115. Is this correct or my meter is showing faulty readings ? Sorry for questions every time.

Have a great day,
Vahit.