You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on March 13, 2017, 09:27:16 PM
My lilacs here are no where near blooming yet.
Our lilac bush is still mostly inert, but our big ol' quince is almost to full bloom and has taken a huge hit this week with temps in the low 20s. The wild understory trees like serviceberry or shadbush, are blooming, and while we don't have any, I see in other folks' yards that forsythia is blooming well this year. I do enjoy spring when mother nature isn't so erratic in her temperatures . . . can never decide whether spring or fall is my favorite season!  :-\

Vahit

Good day to everybody.

I had last reported morning number as 117 on the 9th of March.
After this my numbers were like this;
11th March - 121
12th March - 109
14th March - 124

I know that it is early for prediction of number for me, but I am really surprised at the 109 and much happy too. I am eating very strict.

Have a great day all.
Vahit

walkerwally1

89 (4.93) this morning.  We were at 77° (25°C) yesterday with a slight breeze.  A great day for being outside !  Looks good for the rest of the week with a cold front coming through next Monday and maybe rain.
We have Apricot, almond, cherry and plum trees that are all in bloom right now and I am sure we are due for a hard freeze, at least that is what happens often.  We also have 5 apple trees but they always bloom later than the rest and sometimes avoid the freeze.  The biggest problem with the apples is the birds and squirrels.  I don't eat any of the fruit but I sure would enjoy some of the almonds.  The trees are about 5 years old now but we have yet to be able to harvest any.
@Rocky, your numbers are looking really good lately, good job ! 
@Barbara, good news on being cancer free for 4 years !    ~sup~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

74 (4.1) this overcast morning, 77 (4.27) at bedtime last night.

Thanks Wally, the 4 year anniversary is in August. But I am happy with 3.5 years right now!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

I recorded a very nice 88 prior to dinner last night and was hoping for a good morning number, but the Holi carb excursion still haunts. The Fasting turned out to be 121.

Anyone out there in the US snow storm, please be careful.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Vahit,
Your numbers are improving very rapidly. Congrats man.

Quote from: walkerwally1 on March 14, 2017, 10:04:56 AM
@Rocky, your numbers are looking really good lately, good job ! 

Wally, thank you. It's all thanks to the good work you and the forum does for people like me and Vahit out there, who have no clue why bg keeps rising. I have found that the later I check the morning number, the higher it gets, but, the later i check the evening number the lower it gets.  ;D

80 last evening and 94 this morning. I checked about 20 minutes late and make peace with the fact that I would have been lower had I checked on time.   
My life is based on a true story.

skb

Quote from: rocky on March 14, 2017, 11:15:23 PM
I have found that the later I check the morning number, the higher it gets, but, the later i check the evening number the lower it gets.  ;D

80 last evening and 94 this morning. I checked about 20 minutes late and make peace with the fact that I would have been lower had I checked on time.

You've thrown up another interesting point Rocky. This also concerns DP and consequently hepatic glycogen.
The gap between lunch (assuming you have lunch) and dinner is much smaller compared to dinner and breakfast. My own observation with my numbers vs timing is that my BG keeps dropping for 6-8 hours after food. It is somewhere around the 9th or 10th hour that the liver starts to contribute and numbers begin to rise. Naturally, you will find your pre-dinner numbers keep falling as you prolong testing while the morning numbers keep rising as you delay the testing.   
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Vahit

Good Morning everyone.

My morning number was 120 at home but dropped down to 101 when tested by the lab. A1c has also dropped from 7.4 to 6.8.
;D

Have a great day. 

Grammabear

118 this morning because I'm working on getting my basal rates on my pump back to target range.

Temperature here is quite a drop from 70 deg F a week ago to 17 deg (-10 C).  But at least we have no more snow.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

83 (4.6) this morning.  Spring like weather continues with yesterday a duplicate of the day before, 77° (25°C) and it's great to be able to open the windows and let the fresh air in !

Thanks Wally, the 4 year anniversary is in August. But I am happy with 3.5 years right now!
Well then we can have another celebration in August ! 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

74 (4.1) again this rainy morning, and another 77 (4.27) at bedtime last night. I double snap myself from yesterday!

It rained on and off most of the day but temp got up to 58°F (14.4°C) today.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Almost a repeat of yesterday's numbers. 85 pre dinner last night & 130 this morning  :(
I wonder how long the Holi treat is going to bother me. Normally, the carbs bother me for 4 days, so that's 1 more day to go. Should settle down by tomorrow.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

Thans skb, for that detailed explanation. I can always depend on you to answer the complex questions, in a very simplistic manner.

Vahit, I am very happy for you. That drop is a significant drop. Good job pal.

My numbers don't budge much if I maintain my schedule. I don't think the drop in metformin is going to have any negative impact on my numbers.
I was at 82 last evening before dinner and 92 this morning fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

Vahit

Thank you everyone. Hope you are having a great day.

I also then checked for after lunch reading yesterday. It was 132 after 2 hours. And then this morning it was 116.

walkerwally1

107 (5.93) this morning.   ???  I went a bit overboard last night and had a burger patty with chili and onions, too much chili and onions.   :D Anyway the higher number is no surprise.
We were cooler yesterday with a high of only 72° (22.2°C) because we had a light wind out of the North that was on the cold side.  Not sure about today as the local TV weatherman and the NWS are not in agreement, but that is normal. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024