You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Ami's nephew is getting married in end April. It is going to be a big fat Indian wedding. That means a lot of unwarranted eating for me. Yesterday was the first function. I'll bet a 100 bucks you cannot guess what this function was all about. Hold your breath - writing names on the first 21 Invitation cards.
And if I don't attend or don't eat, they get offended. So I had a little bit of this & that, for lunch yesterday, but I still managed a 113 for this morning. Not bad eh ?
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

My late Dh also had a bunch of cotton hankies. ai saved them all and  keep them in the pockets of my vests. I rally dread  allergy season.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Hello guys,
Sorry I was off for the weekend. It was mum time and I was really busy taking care of a lot of things for her. But I've been dutifully checking and here are my numbers;

82 Friday evening before dinner
91 Saturday morning fasting, 84 evening before dinner
93 Sunday morning fasting and 81 before dinner
91 today morning.

I think my 3 weeks of reducing metformin dosage is up. I don't see any difference in numbers. I think I'm good. Will continue with 250 mg x 2 for some months before I think of giving it up completely.

Wally, The very best to you with the doctor's appointment and the procedure.
Any news from Tamagno and ccd ?
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

Am back from my vacation. 123 today morning. It is going to take a week or so to get out all that extra glucose dump from my system.

I was good for most of the days on my vacation but let go on last 2 days.

I have realized that my toes of the left foot start paining/tingling when i eat sth high carb. I thought it was in my mind but has happened too often to be a coincidence. I have tested everytime and it happens when i above 160 between 1-2 hours.

Any major news I have missed in the past week?

SKB- I know this festival of writing patrika. Must be a Gujarati family, my guess.

skb

Hi Paulomi,

Hope you and the kids had a great vacation. 

I do have a Gijju wife so the nephew also is a Gujju.

How does your weight react with eating badly. I tend to gain 2-4 lbs almost overnight & that lingers for afew days even though the BG may stabilise. 

That toe thing doesn't sound very good. If you are sure it is the rise in BG that causes this, you have to be more careful and completely LCHF. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Carbcrazydog

Weight gain has always been an issue with me too. I am 7-8 kgs above my ideal weight but a slight slip makes me gain 2-3 kgs. But it goes off easily (than usual) if i get back to the usual schedule asap.

If i let the unhealthy eating last, those additional kgs take months to go.

The feet fingers start the dull ache esp when i eat sugary stuff or rice. I guess high GI food which is high in carbs does that the most. But yes, need to go LC completely. Tough being a vegetarian and sticking to it. But i love eggs in any form so atleast that is a plus.

Enjoy the wedding! Miss Gujarati food :(

walkerwally1

93 (5.15) this morning.  Supposed to be rainy tomorrow and Wednesday and temps will be getting cooler also.  Another chance for rain this Saturday.  Happy first day of spring to all in the Northern Hemi ! 
Thanks Grammabear and Rocky, it's a simple procedure and I usually heal quite easily in a few days.  This one is probably going to be a bit larger than many and is by my right sideburn.  There is a new procedure being advertised by this doctor using radiation treatment instead of surgery and requires no cutting and no stitches.  Only the top layer of skin is radiated and it is claimed to be as successful as MOHS surgery in eliminating skin cancers.  I really want to look into this.  First question of course is " does Medicare pay for it" and if it does not then probably end of conversation. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

93 this morning.  Sometimes it is hard to identify why my blood sugar goes up or down, especially when I haven't eaten any snacks.  But I think this cold has been responsible for some of my numbers.  Tomorrow is going to be a better day I hope.

grammaB ~ Allergy season has started early in this part of the country.  The trees have started to bud out for their leaves, the grass is beginning to turn green on account of the rain we've had and everything in general seems to be several weeks ahead of schedule.  My ENT doctor has suggested that I take a mild antihistimine tablet each day to see if my hearing can be preserved.  I am considering it.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this cloudy morning, 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

It only got up to 45°F (7.22°C) today and just about an hour ago, it started to lightly rain. Nights are still in the 30's so nothing is blooming here yet.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

104 today morning and 82 pre-dinner yesterday.

Though we are located near about 19o N,the seasons are hardly discernible here. Except the monsoons, when it rains and rains for 3-4 months. Otherwise it's always too hot.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

84 last evening before dinner and 92 this morning.

@skb, I noticed that sometimes our pre-meal numbers are the same or nearabouts, but your morning number is higher by 10+points. Do you think it is the glycogen reserve responsible for that or is there some other reason.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

122 yesterday night post dinner and 123 today morning which went down to 114 later.

Sugar testing every morning has become a huge thing at my place. Both the kids hover around me watching every move. The moment they see me washing hands they get excited. The daughter will get the kit out and I need to hold my fingers and ask her to choose which to test. After lot of mulling (because it is  life changing decision apparently), she chooses a finger and I test on it and both of them will start blowing on it saying mumma is hurt. Then they will read the number. My daughter only knows to say '101' so that is all she will say. But she has to look and say and dare i remove the strip before she registers the number.

Today i sneaked around them and did the sugar test as i was running late to work. She made me do it again. which was the 114 :)

Vahit

Hope everyone is haveing a great day. Sorry I was not posting as I travel a lot.

More of my fasting numbers. 17th -110, 20th -101, Today 117. I do not have an idea why the number for today is high. I have been eating very very carefully.

Mr. Rocky, Your numbers are really good. Can you please tell me what is glycogen reserve ?

Thank you,
Vahit. 

walkerwally1

76 (4.21) this morning.  My overall goal is to keep below 120 mg/dl at all times and using the BG tracker makes it easy to see how well I am doing.  I try to keep it up to date and test usually 3-5 times a day.  Looking at the chart I can see right away that I went over 4 times this year so it is a quick way to check on my progress.  My meter has a download function and I can print a report of all of my readings and I do this for my doctor but the BG tracker is handier.
Rain this morning just to the SW of here and should be seeing something later today.  Local weatherman claiming chance of snow tomorrow but we are at 48° (8.9°C) for an overnight low so I think that is doubtful but we shall see.   ~ltn~
MOHS surgery was a bit lengthy yesterday but I expected it because I had to cancel this procedure twice because of being in the hospital both times.  The biopsy was taken in September so it has been 6 months and in that time it had grown, they take a picture when the biopsy is done.  It took three times to get all of the cancer so it was a bit large.  I only had to have three cuts one time before.  All done though and I expect it to heal quickly. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

93 this morning and we have a bright, sunny but cooler day.

Wally - Glad your procedure is over and I bet you are as well?  I have a friend who has this procedure on her face every now and then. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."