You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this mostly cloudy morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night.

Wally glad you are doing well.

My router is dying and I keep losing the internet.  They are overnighting me a new one.  Should arrive tomorrow.  I hate using the data on my iPad when I am at home.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: rocky on March 21, 2017, 12:16:50 AM
@skb, I noticed that sometimes our pre-meal numbers are the same or nearabouts, but your morning number is higher by 10+points. Do you think it is the glycogen reserve responsible for that or is there some other reason.

Predominantly yes, it is the glycogen reserve. But there could be other factors as well. Metformin could be another. I don't take any medication. And I cheat on a regular basis  :-[ Just last night I found myself at a 77 pre dinner. And what did I do? Had a chocolate chip cookie to see 118 this morning, when I had a good chance of being < 100.

Quote from: walkerwally1 on March 21, 2017, 09:50:48 AM
My overall goal is to keep below 120 mg/dl at all times and using the BG tracker makes it easy to see how well I am doing.  I try to keep it up to date and test usually 3-5 times a day.  Looking at the chart I can see right away that I went over 4 times this year so it is a quick way to check on my progress.  My meter has a download function and I can print a report of all of my readings and I do this for my doctor but the BG tracker is handier.

We are very happy that you find this feature helpful Wally. There is a New Tab button at the bottom of the Chart screen. That can help you see just the chart in a new window in your browser. You can use the Print command (Cntrl + P) from there to print your chart for the doctor if you like.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on March 21, 2017, 12:49:44 AM
122 yesterday night post dinner and 123 today morning which went down to 114 later. 

Today i sneaked around them and did the sugar test as i was running late to work. She made me do it again. which was the 114 :)

That's a neat drop Paulomi. Mine usually goes up due to the 1 hr exercise routine that I put in.

Quote from: Vahit on March 21, 2017, 04:55:22 AM
Mr. Rocky, Your numbers are really good. Can you please tell me what is glycogen reserve ?

Glycogen is a much more complex form of glucose that is stored by the body in the liver and muscles. The liver storage is known as a reserve because it can be dumped back into the blood stream as and when required. Muscle stores are for local use by that muscle. There is no way it can come back into the system.

No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

Quote from: skb on March 21, 2017, 11:06:54 PM
Glycogen is a much more complex form of glucose that is stored by the body in the liver and muscles. The liver storage is known as a reserve because it can be dumped back into the blood stream as and when required. Muscle stores are for local use by that muscle. There is no way it can come back into the system.

@Vahit, there you have your answer. Please ask away if you have any more questions.
@skb, metformin could certainly be influencing the numbers as you have suggested. May I ask, why don't you take any metformin, if it helps? Just for my information, not trying to be nosey.

Last evening I was 80 before dinner, 108 at 75 minutes after dinner and 92 this morning.

I must also give the  ~tup~ to the BG Tracker. It is a really useful device. Thanks Diabetic Pub.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

123 today morning and i turn 36 today. Had a small piece of home baked coffee cake from a friend and with a heavy heart gave the leftovers away. It was so yumm!

walkerwally1

82 (4.51) this morning.  We did get a bit of rain yesterday, 1/8 inch on my rain gauge, so not a lot but it did get things wet.  So far March has not been very wet, 1/2 inch total so far for the month.  Chance of something this weekend but only 20%. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

78 (4.32) this partly cloudy morning, 85 (4.71) at bedtime last night.

New router won't be here until tomorrow.  Can't believe how dependent I've  become on the internet!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

91 pre-dinner yesterday and 119 this morning. I managed to rein in DP with a glass of water & some baking soda, when I was up at night. Otherwise it would have hit me harder.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

The numbers game really is a frustrating one. I have been trying to figure out a pattern from one day to another and I have failed miserably. I try to maintain strict discipline foodwise and timewise, yet I come up empty in disciphering a pattern. All I can say is that I stay in a tight range and I'm quite happy with that.

Take these numbers for instance;
Last evening before dinner '77', after dinner '110' and this morning '88'.
The only thing that connects them is that they are all divisible by 11, which is a prime number.
~hyt~

Carbcrazydog

114 today morning and i will happily take it considering the cheat meals i had throughout my birthday. exercised portion control though.

Rocky- I LOVE your 'divisible by 11' comment. It just made my day. You seem to be very witty :) Your numbers are great!

Vahit

Good day to everyone,

I am new here, still I find the chart feature very nice and very informative.

My fasting in the morning yesterday was 112 and today it was 120. It is caused by one small slice of bread. Could be, I think. 

skb

Quote from: Vahit on March 23, 2017, 06:51:03 AM
My fasting in the morning yesterday was 112 and today it was 120. It is caused by one small slice of bread. Could be, I think.

Most certainly. Bread / Wheat products me shoot me very rapidly. And then this adds to the "glycogen reserve" that you asked about a couple of days ago. The reserve will affect your BG numbers for the next few days. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

102 (5.65) this morning.  I hate 3 digit fasting numbers but oh well. 
We did get some rain yesterday but only .02 inches so hardly any at all.  Next chance for rain Saturday but only 20%.  It will be cooler though for the next few days.
The dog we picked up at the animal shelter a year and a half ago was acting sickly so took her to the Vet yesterday and after tests and X-rays it came down to she either has Valley Fever or a Cancer.  She is only two years old so a Cancer is unusual but not impossible.  A blob shows on the X-ray near the heart.  Valley Fever is also rare up here in the mountains but again not impossible.  Tests were sent to the lab and we should get results in 3-5 days.  Of course we are hoping for Valley Fever as that is easily treated but the Cancer probably would not be treatable.  She really is a supper little dog so I hope it comes out OK but we just have to wait and see.
@Rocky, I don't see anything mysterious about your numbers.  Your before dinner and fasting numbers are great and your after dinner number is where it should be depending on what you ate.  When I first started LCHF I kept a log of everything I ate and measured or weighed each item and kept a list of total macro nutrients for each meal.  In other words the count for carbs, protein and fat for each and every item I ate each day.  Yes, it is time consuming and maybe just not possible for people busy with other things but it did give me a very good idea of just what I need to do to manage my numbers like I want.  Since I am not using medication to lower bg what we eat becomes the key.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this partly cloudy morning, 90 (4.99) at bedtime last night.

Wally, so sorry to hear about your dog!!  Hope it turns out OK.

New router/modem arrived this afternoon.  Set up was pretty straight forward, but I did have problems getting my printer online... All is fine now though.

The UPS driver almost could't get down the road.  It is a huge mud suck hole.  This is the worst it has ever been. I have to go out tomorrow to run errands, not looking forward to it.

rocky

81 last evening before dinner and 90 this morning