You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbcrazydog

117 today morning after dinner at a bday party. Ate reasonably safe but still its not as good as a low carb salad for dinner.

Walkerwally- I am so sorry for your dog. I will keep him in my prayers. I just went through the cancer scare and i know how the 'C' word can drive you crazy. How old is he?

walkerwally1

75 (4.16) this morning.  We are expecting rain tonight and tomorrow but probably not a lot.  Colder temps though.  Overnight low was 28° (-2.2°C) and will probably be cooler for the next few days.
Paulomi, we picked the dog from the local animal shelter 1 1/2 years ago and they figured she was about 6 months old then.  She is a Boxer/Terrier mix and medium size.  Hard to imagine that a dog only 2 years old could have Cancer but there is sure something wrong.  Waiting for results from the testing so won't know until next week.  We do get attached to our pets so it is hard when they have problems but hoping for the best.  Thanks for your support. 
Barbara, thanks, just waiting to find out what is the problem.
Electronics can be the most frustrating things we have to deal with today and we become so dependent on them !  For years I have built my own computer desktops and still have moments where I want to throw the thing across the room !
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Rocky! 90 (4.99) here too this partly cloudy morning, 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

Still having some connectivity problems.  >:(  May be on the phone with Century Link tomorrow if it keeps up.

The grocery store renovation is almost done.  I still have to walk the whole store to get used to where things are.  Next week I' hoping it will be finished.  I still will have to walk it all a couple more times as I noticed they have added some new items like Epic Pork fat in a jar.  I love the duck fat!

I'm praying for no rain here for a while!!  there literally is a sink hole on one side of the road out to the street.  My neighbor put out cones to warn the few people that come down this road.  Last night some idiot decided to drive between the cones.  He ended up totally stuck up to his axel in the mud.  Who does that??

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

74 (4.10) this morning.  It was 80 deg F here yesterday and we set a new record for warm temperature this time of year.  Today it is raining and it will be a wet weekend. 

grammaB - I noticed some new items in our grocery store too and duck fat was one of them.  I have never tried it, have you?

People somehow just think the cones in the roadway don't apply to them.  Our highway was under construction several years ago and the workmen were not finished with the road.  They placed cones at the end of the finished portion of the road and some idiot drove off the road, broke the axle on his pickup truck and ended up obviously being towed away.  The officer gave him a ticket for going past the cones.....served him right I think.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 (5.10) this morning.  No rain overnight and although there are some dark clouds this morning I don't see much rain, if any, for today. 
Grammabear, wow, we haven't reached 80° yet, close, in the mid 70's.  I'm ready for it to warm up but then it is going to get HOT so kind of mixed feelings. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

It continues to rain here as well . . . and we're waiting for a week or so of dry days so we can bait for moles in our side yard. If we can't get rid of the moles, we're going to need to pave a sidewalk from house to shop/garage, before one of us doddering old fools steps in a mole hole & breaks something going down. I've spent all these years fighting any new concrete, so I'd really rather sacrifice the moles than pour a sidewalk. And we already have a pest control guy who comes & sprays for bugs four times a year, and he did spray the mole area to get rid of the grubs that the moles feed on, but I'm sure the rains have washed all that away by now.

These know-nothing drivers remind me of the redneck jokes that start out - 'Here - hold my beer . . .' We have some bad potholes in our road, but the grader can usually smooth those pretty well. What he can't fix are the rock outcroppings, and some of those are getting really bad. Coming home this morning from breakfast out, I commented that they need to bring out a jackhammer to work on one particularly large rock which blocks one whole side of the road, and these road are just barely wide enough for two cars to meet.

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this partly cloudy morning, 74 (4.1) at bedtime last night.

My neighbor has jerry-rigged a heavy weight that he pulls behind his truck to flatten out the road. It does make it better, but it has to be sort of dry.  At least there is a single lane that is safe. Unfortunately last night it rained and just started raining again tonight.  I hate mud season!!

Grammabear, I love duck fat!!  it is so rich and luxurious!  Eggs, meat, chicken etc fried in it taste wonderful!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

rocky

Tough times at the office. 3 guys on leave at the same time. So I'm a bit irregular. Testing continues and eating lchf  too.

81 last Evening before dinner and 91 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

115 today morning and 111 yesterday.

Walkerwally- She has age on her side even if it is cancer. Let's hope its not and if it is, hopefully her being so young will help her body pull through it. Please keep me posted.

Dinner with my son's school friends and their parents yesterday. Ate low carb and was 122 after meal yesterday. I longingly looked at the biryani though

Grammabear

93 this morning.  Our weather has rained for two straight days.  My hubby wanted to split some wood, but could not do it because of the rain.

Rocky - Having extra work to do isn't easy, just don't forget to take care of yourself also.

Shanny - what about putting mole balls down the mole holes or are there too many of them for that to be effective? 

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

99 (5.48) this morning.  The National Weather Service says today will be "partly sunny" so if that means completely covered by dark clouds then they got it right.  Still. not expecting any rain.
@CCD, thanks, we picked up a pill for appetite stimulant from the Vet and it seems to help.  At least we are getting her to eat more.  Just have to wait for results from the tests which will be next week. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Shanny

@Rocky: Don't you really hate it when management lets so many people take off at the same time? It makes no sense!  >:(  The worst time I ever experienced was when they left me as the only person in the department - the supervisor had to be away, and then the other employee decided that was the day she needed elective surgery. I was left to do every dàmn thing (which I knew how & even enjoyed doing, when there was sufficient help with other tasks) and was only saved when one of the loan officers came to help me out by running the proof machine (what banks use to read the magnetic code on checks/deposits) for a few minutes when he could get away.

@KK: We'll get some mothballs next time we're in town . . . if they survive the saturated soil, mebbe they'll kill the moles. We need the moles DEAD - not just deported.  ~mad~

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on March 26, 2017, 12:12:04 PM

@KK: We'll get some mothballs next time we're in town . . . if they survive the saturated soil, mebbe they'll kill the moles. We need the moles DEAD - not just deported.  ~mad~

We had a family of moles try to move 'into' our flower bed next to the front door and sidewalk.  Hubby sprinkled moth balls around the edges of the bed and into the "hole" they had dug into the ground.  It took several applications, but pretty soon they were gone and we didn't see them around again....stupid things are worse than mice (which I don't love either)  >:(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

late to post.85 (4.71) yet another partly cloudy morning, 95 (5.26) at bedtime last night.

There are a lot of moles in the field across the road from me, my neighbor has a new puppy and she is having a great time casing them all down!

My power went out for 1.5 hours last night. Somehow that  seemed to reset my router and all seems OK for  now.

Carbcrazydog

97 today morning. 118 after dinner yesterday. Not giving up in despair and piling on carbs after one cheat meal or a day of tumbling down the wagon has helped.

Earlier i used to just give up and think 'next week will be better'. Now i start correcting the next meal.