You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbcrazydog

Any update on Tamagno?

skb

I was wondering the same thing. We haven't heard from him in a long time. If there was a number I had, I'd call.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

113 this morning.  Our rain has stopped, at least for now, however it is still cloudy and looks like it could rain at anytime.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 (4.99) this morning.  No rain but it's supposed to be windy today, I'm not a fan of windy so staying inside sounds good to me. 
The dog we have that's sick now is a real terror for gophers and moles.  I've never seen one that can find them and dig them up like her.  She kills them then brings them around to the back door to show them off.  Thankfully she hasn't brought them in the house.
I've been wondering about Tamagno also.  My FIL has had to go through having a  Tracheostomy because of breathing problems and then ended up with a feeding tube also.  It took about three months total in the hospital and then in a nursing home before he could finally come home.  I don't know how similar his situation is to Tamagno and he is 94 years old but recovery could take a long time.  Still it would be good to hear from him and I am sure we will when he is able.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

I just checked and Tamagno's last post was on March 9 so it seems longer than it has actually been.  I imagine his recovery is going to take a while.  Still, hoping he is doing well.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Carbcrazydog

After my dog underwent surgery and was recovering from the stitches, we saw her entire backside and tail smeared with fresh red blood. We rushed to the hospital thinking her stitches broke or something but it was not her blood. There was a mouse in the house which we never saw again. I still shudder thinking she attacked a mouse in front of us and we barely noticed. We have a small apartment so very less goes unnoticed.

I am friends on Facebook with a few from this forum and I think a few of them have Tamagno on their friendlist. If i am not mistaken about his identity, he posted his last update on that page on 16th march. Something about flowers etc. Nothing about health so i am hoping all is well.

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this partly cloudy morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

The last couple of days have been drizzly. Not helping the road situation at all.

I too am worried about Tamagno.  Another member I'm missing is Patdart. We haven't heard from her in a long time.

My neighbor has a new puppy that is a crazy mole/gopher hunter!  The yard across the road is loaded with them.  He is out there chasing them all the time. I worry though because he digs holes and there are two horses boarded in that field and I am afraid of one of them breaking a leg in the holes.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

121 today morning after having a really late dinner with more carbs than i should have had. Got my salad ingredients today so making caeser salad for dinner today. That and bottle gourd soup.

I miss Patdart too. Hoepfully we will hear from Tamagno soon

walkerwally1

86 (4.76) this morning.  Quite windy yesterday but no rain in sight and that's OK.  The MOHS surgery I had last Monday has healed nicely.  I got a good look at it and it is a 2 inch incision with 9 stitches so it was kind of large.  I get stitches out next Monday and have another surgery that day. 
Yeah Barbara, we haven't heard from Pat for a while.  It's hard to know what is happening because this forum is usually the only way we can communicate and when somebody stops posting you never know why.  Maybe there is a problem or maybe they just decided not to post anymore.  I have my email listed in my profile and anyone is welcome to send me an email but a lot of people don't want that to be available.  I wonder if admin has members email addresses ?
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Shanny

I seem to remember seeing a Facebook post from Patdart a few days ago, so I hope that's a good sign. I can try to catch her on FB, and ask if she'd mind doing a fly-by over here.

ETA: Pat has been active on FB so I'll send a message & ask her over.

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this partly cloudy morning, 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

Oh yes, Shanny if you can contact Pat on FB and heave her do a fly by here that would be great!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

111 today morning. ate low carb but around midnight.

It would be nice to give a family member the login credentials. God forbid, if someone is sick, a family can post on his/her behalf and we can all pray hard instead of assuming the worst and freak out...

rocky

84 last evening before dinner and 96 this morning.

This forum is a good social network of its own with a dedicated diabetes leaning. Contact is vital and not hearing from old friends does cause a lot of concern.

@skb, I logged in yesterday and put up my readings in the BG Tracker. I couldn't post in the Fasting thread for some strange reason. I typed in my post but the screen wouldn't budge after clicking the Post button. Any particular cause or reason for that ?
My life is based on a true story.

Grammabear

72 this morning and 61 during the night.  I'm definitely not comfortable with these numbers.  I have to do some adjusting to my insulin.

I do enjoy the social aspect of this forum and it definitely brightens my day.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

98 (5.43) this morning.  We have a cold front moving through starting tomorrow but all we will get from it is wind and cooler temperatures.  Should be warmer and sunny starting on the weekend.  Temp this morning at 6:00 AM 32°.
Tomorrow I have an appointment at  Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles for my yearly check up on my heart valve.  Since it was part of a trial I am obligated to have these exams so they can collect data to get the valve and procedure approved as a normal procedure for anyone.  It has sure been working well for me, at least so far.  The only pain is that it is a 150 mile drive for me and I have to leave at 4:00 AM to avoid the miserable traffic and get there on time.  I'm glad it's now just once a year.
It seems to be the same in all forums.  Some people just quit posting and the members left never know why.  They may have had some problem, be too ill or sadly passed away and you never know.  A lot of the time people just get too busy or bored or mad at someone or etc.  but usually they just quit posting and you never really know why. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024