You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

96 (5.32) this blustery morning, 98 (5.43) at bedtime last night.
Allergies are kicking in, that may be why numbers are higher than normal... whatever, it is what it is. I hate when it is windy!!!

Wally, I have always bruised easily, but it is even worse now that I am older.

Internet still spotty.  Technician is coming out tomorrow afternoon.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

The big fat Indian wedding that I have been talking about, has begun. Yesterday we received the wedding card, hand delivered by the bride's parents. And along with the card came chocolates  >:(

132 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

I found my pre-dinner number creeping up to 90 last evening and today morning the fasting BG shot up to 97.

The numbers have been steadily creeping up the past week. It has been a month since I cut my metformin by half, and it has been a week since I haven't been to the gym. I sincerely hope it is the latter. I plan to go to the gym tonight and I will know for sure in a day or two. If anyone thinks otherwise, I'll be glad to hear your views. 
My life is based on a true story.

skb

Quote from: rocky on April 02, 2017, 11:53:28 PM
If anyone thinks otherwise, I'll be glad to hear your views.

Rocky,

I would go with your view. Your meter is the best bet on knowing why the numbers are rising. Once you are back to the gym, you'll know one way or the other in a couple of days.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Vahit

Hello everyone, this is Vahit here again.

I have been travelling a lot for some days. Whenever I could, I checked, but  eating was bad. Pretty bad. Some numbers from fasting readings.

24th March - 117
27th March - 132
28th March - 140
29th March - 133
Today - 122

I know numbers are no good. I was doing much better. Hope I will catch up soon.

Have a great day.   

Shanny

Do the best you can, Vahit . . . it's hard when you're just getting started, and being on the road doesn't help at all. If you can cut down on bread, pasta & sweets, that will help. I think I've never asked you if you're on any medication for your diabetes?

Good luck to you & keep us posted!  :)

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: rocky on April 02, 2017, 11:53:28 PM
I found my pre-dinner number creeping up to 90 last evening and today morning the fasting BG shot up to 97.

The numbers have been steadily creeping up the past week. It has been a month since I cut my metformin by half, and it has been a week since I haven't been to the gym. I sincerely hope it is the latter. I plan to go to the gym tonight and I will know for sure in a day or two. If anyone thinks otherwise, I'll be glad to hear your views.

My numbers creep up 3-4 weeks after I stop exercising. Esp if i have been regular. And they creep up around 10 points. It could be the gym. Start working out, I know how difficult it is everyday though!

Carbcrazydog

127 today morning. Ate erratic yesterday and a late dinner.

skb- i empathize with you. being surrounded by wedding food is no good for BG. Keep up with your efforts!

walkerwally1

Well, 94 again, third day in a row.  It's supposed to be windy today and a bit cooler but still not bad.  I am not a fan of the wind but then this is April so it's expected.  Weather gurus claiming a chance of rain Friday and Saturday 70-80% so maybe April showers !
Off in a bit for another pesky skin cancer surgery.  The last one was kind of big but healed nicely.  Seems never ending.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

109 (6.1) this morning.  My numbers have been much lower than I am comfortable with having them, so now I need to work on getting them more stable.

We had sunshine yesterday and no rain - hard to believe!!
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this cloudy morning, 88 (4.88) at bedtime last night.

Had about 1/2 inch of snow this afternoon!  It has all melted away, but it was heavy for a while.

Internet guy is checking out my line.  He has me up for now, but no answer on what is actually wrong.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on April 03, 2017, 04:26:41 AM
skb- i empathize with you. being surrounded by wedding food is no good for BG. Keep up with your efforts!

I will try very hard. I'm listening to some of Jimmy Moore's podcasts. All those doctors & experts talking about LCHF give me a renewed thrust in the right direction.

Weather is hot and sultry already. We're started touching low 40o C already and it's only the first week of April. There's still 2 full months of hotter summer ahead.

Gosh, I completely forgot to test this morning. Must be getting old. I'm playing peacemaker between my son & his girlfriend, maybe that kept my mind occupied today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Carbcrazydog

120 today morning but tested couple of hours earlier than i should have. i am eating really late these days (although low carb).

I made kadai paneer for husband's tiffin today. Munching on that now. It has cottage cheese with yellow and red capsicum, little onion and tomatoes, loads of cream and lots of spices. My husband gets to eat that with 3 rotis and rice though!.  :(

I have another birthday party to attend today evening! My son was asking me who decides when a baby is born so i said the doctors give a due date and babies are born on that day or a few days before or after. He was born on his due date (apparently only 2% are born on due date) and he has been strutting around declaring that he heard the doctor say his due date and remembered he had to come then. And told my daughter that she messed up her dates and should have heard carefully (she was born 2 weeks before).  :P

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: skb on April 04, 2017, 12:02:05 AM
Quote from: Carbcrazydog on April 03, 2017, 04:26:41 AM

I'm playing peacemaker between my son & his girlfriend, maybe that kept my mind occupied today morning.

I always wonder how it will be when my kids are so grown up! And have problems beyond not being able to pull up their pants.  :D

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on April 04, 2017, 01:05:45 AM
I always wonder how it will be when my kids are so grown up! And have problems beyond not being able to pull up their pants.  :D

It's fun. really. It's fun to see them grow, and it's fun to see them struggle in some of the mundane things. And more than all, it's fun to help them along, in a way that the job gets done, yet they don't realise that they've been helped.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club