You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

I went to the gym last evening. While I found my before dinner evening number a bit lower at 86, the morning number is still where it was yesterday, well, almost. 97 today.
I guess it will take a little while longer to really get to the bottom of this.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

135 this morning.

Finally got home from hospital last evening. I had been home for a couple of days two weeks earlier, but something went bad and I had to go back. Should be home for good now.

You all know the endless battles we have at hospital and this was no different. Naturally, I tried telling any number of people what was happening with my glucose and naturally, they refused to listen.

Oh well, just glad to be home at last!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

You & your lovely wife may be the only ones happier than we are to learn that you're home!  <3 <3 <3

Seems like so often it happens though - you get home only to have another crisis & have to return. Chuck was home only a day or so after heart attack, when he developed pericarditis & spent another week in the hospital. Years ago my mom had had a colostomy for several months. Then she went in for the reanastomosis, but when she was dismissed from that, it was about 12 hours before she developed an obstruction & had to be readmitted. She always said she'd have been just as happy to keep the colostomy because that second round about took her down. She was a senior citizen by then, and it takes a little longer for us old folks to bounce back.  :(

walkerwally1

85 (4.71) this morning.  Skin cancer surgery went well yesterday, it was on my shin and just a bit achy but not bad. 
@Tamagno, so glad you made it home, as you are no doubt.  Bummer to have to go back but hopefully all is OK now.  My last couple of Hospital stays were difficult to say the least as far as trying to control bg.  The staff takes a rather blasé attitude it seems and just figures all they have to do is shoot insulin if your bg goes too high.  Diet is horrible, and they have the nerve to call it a diabetic diet with 45 g of carbs per meal.
On the other hand when I was in the Skilled Nursing Facility for recovery for my broken hip they had their dietician consult with me and she agreed to my request for a diet to control my bg and I got eggs, bacon, sausage and the like.  More high protein than high fat but still not bad.  I was only there 9 days but I thought it was interesting.
Sorry, I got long winded there, just glad to hear from you again. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Tamagno - So very happy to learn you are home and could rest in your own bed now.  I'm guessing Sam is delighted to see you as well. 

My bg this morning was 113 (6.26) and for the first time in a long while I overslept this morning.  Now, I got to catch up with my daily chores.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

80 (4.43) this mostly clear morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

It snowed again in the early evening yesterday and again overnight.  Not too much, less than an inch but it was still white when I got up this morning.  And I got up about 2 hours earlier than I usually do.Kind of a weird Spring thing going on.

Tamagno!! So good to hear from you!  Sending you healing energy and hoping for a speedy recovery.

Internet is finally fixed and back to normal!  Yay!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

bigskygal ~ I'm glad your internet connection is fixed as that can be most frustrating.  Hope your cuddling buddy  ~ cat ~  is feeling okay today.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Hello John,

We're thrilled that you are fine and back home. A lot of the folks here have been asking about you. We hope that all your health issues are a thing of the past and that you will post regularly and keep us enthralled.

BG was 97 pre-dinner & 129 Fasting today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Hey Tamagno,

You've made my day. Happy to have you back at the Diabetic Pub. Looking forward to more and more good news from you each day.

My evening number post gym session and before dinner dropped even further to 82, yet my morning number is the same (almost) 96 today.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

121 today morning and 126 at night after eating reasonably well at the birthday party. I was happy with the 126 but not so much with the 121  :(

Thankfully i am done with birthday parties in the near future.

Tamagno- happy healing!

Tamagno

130 this morning.

You all are so kind; I'm thrilled to be back.

From a diabetes standpoint, the interesting thing about the last month is that I ate precisely the same amount of the same thing every day - via feeding tube - and the crack endocrinology staff at the very famous hospital I attended couldn't control my glucose.

I wonder if they learned anything? Of course, I told them the answer in advance just to be fair, but science is as political as anything else and I could see defensive shields going up about the time I said words like energy from fat.

Still only able to eat clear liquids by mouth, but glucose is much more stable now that I'm home.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

98 (5.43) this morning.  We are in for some stormy weather or so the weather lady has said.  I can do without any more rain just now.

Tamagno - I'm glad you had the opportunity to state your case for controlling your blood sugar.  Maybe the staff didn't agree with you, and that's ok, but at least you gave them something to think about.  It looks like your numbers reflect the fact that you are home in your own place and your own family.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

I too, wonder if they learned anything, and I admit I rather doubt it, but at least it's there in the records and nobody can dispute it.

I hope your ordeal will soon be coming to an end.  ~hug~

walkerwally1

91 (5.04) this morning.  It looks like the chance of rain Friday and Saturday is getting better.  I went to town Monday and we are starting to get wildflowers popping up and the Joshua trees which did not have a single bloom last year are going off like popcorn.  We have an interesting mix here of Joshua trees, which you expect at lower altitudes, and Pine trees.  I'll try to get some pictures soon. 
I bought a new ipad since I am a sucker for anything new in the techy area.  I have an ipad mini-2 and it's getting a bit long in the tooth although it probably does all I need.  The price of the new 2017 ipad pushed me to make the jump.
@Tamagno, it is so true how politics is so dominant in forming health decisions.  The attitude that they are right period is the most frustrating thing for me and not being willing to listen to any input that differs from the established "knowledge" is a shame.  When we are in the hospital we are at the mercy of their protocol and don't have much choice.  When I was at Cedars-Sinai for my heart valve replacement, the hospital of the Stars, the diet for a diabetic was 75 g of carbs per each meal an absolute abomination but there was no argument, sigh.  Fortunately I was there only 3 days.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

No, I am sure they didn't learn anything because they are sure they already know everything.  The vast majority of health providers are convinced that they know all there is to know.
That is why I found it so interesting when  Dr. Eric Westman was being interviewed and was asked how he got started with LCHF and he said it was two of his patients that got him interested.  Prior to that in the clinic he ran at Duke University he used conventional methods for trying to treat obese people with marginal success.  Two of his patients had researched using low carb and tried it with success and the doctor was smart enough to look into it and how well it was working and that was the turning point and now he teaches LCHP to his patients.  It takes a special person to admit that they don't know it all and be willing to look at alternatives. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024