You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

173 this morning.

A fine Easter Sunday here with temperatures feeling like summer.

Just have to change my CGM sensor this morning before church and then home for a dinner of grilled leg of lamb...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on April 16, 2017, 05:24:01 AM
I am very uncomfortable when there are too many people in a confined space. I start to get very nervous. People think i am claustrophobic but i think it is a kind of social anxiety. I do not function well with small talk and more than five people in one room. Plus (call me a feminist) but i feel very frustrated when a room full of men sit and snack and watch cricket while the women are busy cooking and heating and serving meals. Most of the women i meet accept it as that is the way it has been (changing but at a snail's pace).

I completely agree with you Paulomi. It's good that you held back on the fast carbs, and didn't succumb to the enticements and silly arguments. I quite have to struggle with "badhu khawa nu", but I am able to smile it off.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

77 (4.27) this morning.  Chef salad for dinner is quite kind to bg.  We went from 28° (-2.22°C)  at 6:00 AM to 72° (22.2°C) at 3:00 PM.  Quite a swing and a really nice day as it turned out.  Apparently there is another front going through starting tomorrow so more wind of course and a slight chance of some rain.
As I have gotten older I am much less concerned about what other people think.  Any one that knows me knows better than try to push me with comments like " A little won't hurt " because I have no problem letting them know, in no uncertain terms, just how stupid their comment really is.  Age does have some benefits !   ~lol~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

I was about 13 years old when an incident at school brought me to the realization that people will think what they want regardless of anything I say and/or do. From then on, I've always been nice to people, but I pay no attention to what they think. A couple of our kids have quite high opinions of themselves and aspire to fancy lifestyles. We not only don't envy them - we don't even approve of them. They're pathetic - always worrying & altering their behavior according to public opinion. Worst waste of time & money ever.

skb

Quote from: Shanny on April 16, 2017, 02:18:13 PM
I was about 13 years old when an incident at school brought me to the realization that people will think what they want regardless of anything I say and/or do. From then on, I've always been nice to people, but I pay no attention to what they think.

That's a very young age to learn such an important lesson of life. Good show. At 13 I didn't know anything other than eating, playing and sleeping. And then there was homework, which I didn't enjoy.

108 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

My weakness is anything chocolate. I sometimes find myself slipping when I see ice cream or cake made out of chocolate. I don't listen to what others have to say, but not many people here, would take interest in what you eat or not, except maybe mum.

79 last evening before dinner and 90 this morning. I've missed gym for a couple of days now.
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

So late to  post.  91 (5.04)  this partly cloudy morning, 86  (4.65) at bedtime last niigt.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

Shanny- i wish i was as wise as 13. I spent a lot of years trying to "fit in" unsuccessfully. I am not sure if you meant a couple of YOUR kids or kids from your school? How many kids do you have!

skb- I was the same as you at 13.

I spent 3 hours on a dinner session with the kids yesterday and was almost in tears. They are good kids but managing my LCHF schedule, cooking for myself separately,  etc just is not fitting well in my current schedule. I ordered a veg khowsuey yday. Usually it works well for my numbers as i give the noodles to the kids and just drink the coconut milk with veggies curry. But i ordered from a different place yday and was at 154 at 2 hours so i guess something was in there which was not right for me. My husband had butter naan and dhaba daal for dinner. I had one small bite of that butter naan. It was so tough to stop...literally locked myself in a room and watched 'Sherlock'

117 today morning- courtesy the Khowsuey.

Shanny

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on April 17, 2017, 12:47:06 AMShanny- i wish i was as wise as 13. I spent a lot of years trying to "fit in" unsuccessfully. I am not sure if you meant a couple of YOUR kids or kids from your school? How many kids do you have!
I wasn't 'wise' so much as ignorant of the ways that people plot to deceive & double cross each other, even at those tender ages. All I had known was eating, playing & sleeping too - until I came to school one morning and none of the girls were speaking to me. I was puzzled, but in my ignorance, I had no idea how to respond, so since there were still students who WOULD speak to me - the boys - I just went the only way open to me. Of course that added fuel to the fire, but as I've said - I was totally ignorant of such manipulations. I'd never been particularly popular - was in fact a quiet & studious type as a child, and made fun of by a few others. It was a very small town and a very small school.  Many of my 13yo peers had older siblings, and I did not . . . perhaps they learned things I had no way of knowing.

Chuck & I have five offspring from previous marriages - three are his and two are mine. They are all approaching middle-age by now - and a couple of his are the ones I referred to. They're living jet set lives, and apparently striving to keep up with the Jones, whoever that is.  ::)

Carbcrazydog

Shanny-  ~hug~ I just watched the netflix series '13 reasons why' and it touches so beautifully on how bullying, intentional or otherwise, can help destroy a person's self esteem.

I look at wonder at people with grown up kids and often wonder that it would involve a lot of relearning to let go of being a parent 24*7 and reclaiming facets of your life. I have often heard of mothers saying that when their kids grew up, they felt lost for awhile. I think i will be one of those. For now, i cannot imagine my children grown up ever.  :D

Tamagno

245 this morning.

Well, my CGM reading was only 178, so that was a surprise. Soon, I'll stop caring even what my medical devices think!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on April 17, 2017, 06:22:55 AM
245 this morning.

Well, my CGM reading was only 178, so that was a surprise. Soon, I'll stop caring even what my medical devices think!

That's in keeping with how my meter behaves. In the "normal range", say 80-115, my meter is 10 % higher. As the BG goes up, so does the error margin. At 200+ I've usually found the error to be 25%.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Shanny

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on April 17, 2017, 06:00:26 AMFor now, i cannot imagine my children grown up ever.  :D
Yeah - when your youngsters are totally dependent on you during the early years, it's pretty hard to imagine them ever grown up! But it happens regardless, & as long as you're moving along with them as they grow & develop, it's a little less of a problem letting go. When you're raising them to be conscientious and independent, they grow up to BE conscientious and independent, so when it's time for them to leave the nest, you have to trust that you did your job and they can fend for themselves.  And a side benefit of this is that you gain an adult friend in that child you've raised.  <3

walkerwally1

94 (5.21) this morning.  A surprising 54° (12.22°C) this morning at 5:00 AM.  Cloud cover holding the warmth in.  There is a chance of rain today and tomorrow but only 20%.
Another of those pesky skin cancer MOHS surgeries this morning with one more to go after this, at least for a while.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

104 (5.76) this morning.

The temperature is 58 deg F this morning, sun is shining and a lot of birds are singing.  It is a beautiful day and we enjoyed a lovely weekend with both our boys home.  I learned a lot about carnivorous houseplants from my young grandson (16) who has developed an interest in growing things. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."