You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Had a reading of 92 pre-dinner, up from 86 the previous evening but the morning fasting was constant at 108. Woke up a couple of hours early & thought that I'd catch myself a little lower. But DP has already come into play. Weight wise, I'm at my lowest (162.8 lbs) in a couple of years. I've been lower than this only in 2013.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

82 (4.54) this partly cloudy morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

It got up to 55°F (12.7°C) today but nights are still cool.

Baby watch is on.  My DD's wife is due today. It (a girl) is her first baby so could go a bit longer.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

80 just before dinner last evening and 92 this morning. I tested a little late and might have been slightly lower at my regular time.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

114 today morning.

Shanny- those were beautiful words about growing up with the kids and gaining an adult friend. I should make a conscious effort towards that.

My FIL (diabetic without significant control) threw up yday morning and had a vertigo attack. They visited a doctor in the evening who suggested a MRI scan and it showed that his pituitary gland is three times its size and may have  a tumor. They have admitted him in ICU now and will take a call on whether surgery is needed today. His random sugar was 287 and post meal was 327. So they are giving him insulin + other medications to get his swelling and sugar levels down.

bigskygal- Happy waiting! It is such a precious feeling when you get that call and hold the baby for the first time. Seeing my mom is the labor room with my kids for the first time, is a memory i will always hold dear. She is convinced that they are the most beautiful kids ever and every person in the world envies her that she is a grandmother to them  :P

Shanny

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on April 18, 2017, 02:05:15 AMShanny- those were beautiful words about growing up with the kids and gaining an adult friend. I should make a conscious effort towards that.
It does take conscious effort, and even after it's achieved, we parents need to remember to bite our tongues, lest we unconsciously give advice or make comments on how they should conduct their lives. But it's something I learned from my parents, who must have bitten their tongues a LOT during my young adulthood!  :)  I've heard it called the 'Parent-to-Peer' transition, and that's a pretty good name for it.

Vahit

Hello everyone, Vahit here again.
Some more fasting numbers

16th April - 130
17th April - 121
18th April - 116

I get frustrated with bad eating due to travel. I try to eat better but am not able to do it as much and as better as i like. When I am home I can control and the numbers are proof. Sorry. You people have such nice numbers, which I would also like.

Have a great day.

Tamagno

105 this morning.

My endocrinologist called yesterday to cancel my visit as my labs were good and a1c 6.2 which is my lowest since before dx.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

@Tamagno, Good job John. That's a pretty good number.  ~chr~

@ccd, sad news about your father-in-law. Hope things turn out well. About parenting, I've learnt that as they grow up, they become more sensitive. So, I avoid comparing them to others. And one has to bring themselves down to the kids level to be their friend. Whatever the age. So I do a lot of "dude" "dude" all the time, these days.

@Vahit. You are doing much better than your initial days here. If you can control some of the things that you eat when travelling, those numbers will improve further.

@BSG, Congrats in advance. I'm sure the whole families will rejoice. 
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

85 (4.71) this morning.

Tamagno - Considering what kinds of stress you've been under the past few months, your number is excellent.  I hope it continues for you.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

92 (5.10) this morning.  Wow, another 53° (11.67°C) for our low this morning.  Cloud cover again holding the heat in.  Chance of rain today has increased to 50%-70% depending on who you listen to.  I don't know about rain but it will be windy.  That you can count on.
@Tamagno, that is really good news !
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on April 18, 2017, 06:53:24 AM
105 this morning.

My endocrinologist called yesterday to cancel my visit as my labs were good and a1c 6.2 which is my lowest since before dx.
~100~

Shanny

Quote from: skb on April 18, 2017, 08:03:23 AM
About parenting, I've learnt that as they grow up, they become more sensitive. So, I avoid comparing them to others.
This is of vital importance! No comparing to others or even each other. Teach them to be the best they can be - do not try to be anybody but themselves. Mine are polar opposites, and I always emphasized that each must be himself and that being different was a very good thing.

skb

95 pre-dinner and 107 this morning, out of bed. I controlled the portions for dinner hoping to strike a 2 digit number again. But as they say, The liver has a mind of its own.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

91 (5.04) this partly cloudy morning, 100 (5.54) at bedtime last night.

No news yet, I won't be going to CA until June when my oldest GD graduates from High School.  I am so excited about this sweet baby!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

88 prior to dinner yesterday and 97 this morning. Those numbers are a little higher. I went to a cafe with someone and ordered an iced tea (lemon flavoured). I think those guys added some syrup because it was a bit sweetish.

@tamagno, good news boss. Keep it coming.
My life is based on a true story.