You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on May 03, 2017, 10:29:23 AM
LOL Kathy!  <3 

Well, we may not have been exactly 'old' when we bought this place 30 years ago, but we were well into middle-age, and early on I remember telling Chuck that if he cleared any more of it that required mowing, I might smack him up side the head!  ;)  We prob'ly have three or four acres to mow, and it used to take Chuck a coupla days to do it by himself - one day on the lawn tractor & a second day with the weed whip. Now two guys come & do it in one day - one guy on the lawn tractor & the other on the weed whip.

Sometimes I would definitely like a break from mowing the lawn especially when the weather gets up into the 90s F and the humidity is unbearable.  But my husband is 'frugal' and would not pay someone else to mow unless he wasn't able to mow it himself.  Most times when we mow, I ride the lawn tractor and he uses the push mower and it still take us 3+ hours to finish.  Before we mow, hubby has to "pick up the trash" other people throw into our yard as they are driving by on the highway.  You would not believe some of the 'stuff' he has discovered in the yard such as:  a full, unopened can of beer, a pair of shoes, socks, undergarments, and yes - a "crack" pipe.  The neighbor told us to put the pipe in the garbage as it is considered illegal in our state to even have one in your possession.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this mostly clear morning, 87 (4.82) at bedtime last night.

The girls went home yesterday!  :)  I'm trying to give them some breathing space as I know they must be exhausted.

It got up to 72°F (22.2) today.  Nice day.  My new yard people came out on Monday to look at my yard.
  Still haven't heard back from them on a quote or date.  They don't seem to be as reliable as the old company.  sigh....

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on May 03, 2017, 01:38:15 AM
M heart is over flowing.... I just wish i could be there,,,,

That's how I feel when talking to my granddaughter. She can't speak yet, but babbles a lot when we FaceTime every other day.

The picture of the girls is very cute, Barbara. I hope you can meet them soon.

My numbers have started creeping back towards my range. A bit slower than I would like, but going there. 99 pre-dinner last night and 124 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

BSG very pretty picture indeed. I join with the others in wishing that you meet with them very soon.

My BG sways a bit here and there based purely on time of checking. At least this is what I have observed. Clocked an 80 last evening before dinner and a 93 today morning. I was about 30 minutes late in testing than my usual time. 
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on May 03, 2017, 01:33:58 PMYou would not believe some of the 'stuff' he has discovered in the yard such as:  a full, unopened can of beer, a pair of shoes, socks, undergarments, and yes - a "crack" pipe.  The neighbor told us to put the pipe in the garbage as it is considered illegal in our state to even have one in your possession.
I would assuredly believe anything you find in your yard. Out here so far into the country we find sofas, piles of old tires, large electrical appliances like washing machines, or just the whole contents of the dumpster like the picture shows appeared on our property a few months ago. I have no idea why people think they have a right to dump like this - maybe they think it's public property (which doesn't make it right! >:( ), but it isn't public property - we paid for it and it belongs to us. Our wonderful young neighbors picked up this mess because we aren't physically able anymore.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Carbcrazydog

bigskygal- that is such a cute pic of the siblings!

128 today morning and 113 yday. Reason for the spike: Late night snacking with mom

The kids loved coming to work with me yesterday. Everyone doted over my daughter. There is something about 2 year old girls. They are just so cute and their smile melts everyone.

Vahit

Hello everyone,

I am truly sorry that I cannot post as much as I would like. My travels keep me from testing and posting everyday. I also eat badly when I am on the move. Here are some recent numbers. All are fasting.

23rd April - 124
29th April - 138
2nd May - 127
3rd May - 116
4th May - 120

When I am able to eat good my numbers fall very nicely.

Have a great day everyone.

Tamagno

186 this morning.

Shanny, there is sometimes dumping in our area as well. The reason here, though, is that you can't put anything in the town "recycling center" without paying for it. A black bag of household trash costs $3 apiece and an old couch could be $20. No idea what you do if you're broke!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

88 (4.88) this morning.  We got up to 85° (29.4°C) yesterday and it may be a degree or two warmer today.  Light breeze so it was quite nice outside.  Cooling trend starts tomorrow and chance of rain starts Sunday and goes through Wednesday.  NWS changed their minds and are not calling for snow now.   :D
We are fortunate here that the county dump takes all household trash, including furniture, appliances and the like, for no charge.  I think for that reason we don't have people dumping in remote areas like where I live. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

114 this morning.

Vahit - At least you are aware of your numbers and test when you are able.  It is more difficult to eat right when you are travelling.

Shanny - The dumping here is an ongoing thing.  Even if one takes down a license plate number, the police have other more important duties.  I'm glad you have kind hearted neighbors that look out for you both.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

Our farm is about 1-1/2 km off the highway so we don't get any trash dumped either. The breeze does bring in a few empty bags of plastic here and there.

I dropped the pre-dinner number from 99 to 94 and thought I would see a lower morning number as well. But that has stood firmly at 124. Talking of dumps, that's another dump I'd like to get rid of.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

78 (4.32) this blue sky morning, 79 (4.38) at bedtime last night.

No dumping here either.  I live on a little stub of a road, only 4 houses.  Any unknown car would stick out like a sore thumb.

I've met big sister many times, it is baby Eliza I am anxious to meet.  Hopefully next month!

It got up to 75°F (23.8°C) today. A beautiful Spring day!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

@ vahit, there are some very good numbers there. I understand the problems you face with eating well when travelling. Hotels and airlines serve food that doesn't go down well with diabetics. And certainly not LCHF.

I tested early today and got a 89. Last evening 78.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Vahit

Quote from: rocky on May 04, 2017, 10:49:27 PM
@ vahit, there are some very good numbers there. I understand the problems you face with eating well when travelling. Hotels and airlines serve food that doesn't go down well with diabetics. And certainly not LCHF.

I tested early today and got a 89. Last evening 78.  ;D
Hello everyone,

I checked after lunch yesterday and it was very high at 148. I avoided all bread and sugars. Maybe it is the affect of all the bad eating.
Today morning 119 fasting.

Have a great day.

Tamagno

163 this morning.

Gray skies this morning promise cool weather and rain. A good day to stay indoors...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost