You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

83 Oh so late to report! 83 (4.6) Tuesday morning,  96 (5.32) at bedtime last night.

Totally got side trackted...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

90 (4.99) this morning.  It warmed up yesterday to a high of 77° (25°C) and it looks like it will stay there for a couple of days and then cool down over the weekend.  Sunny days for the next few days.  We may have seen the last of any rain for the rest of spring and summer.

I have to get moving, early appointment with my PC doctor.

Haven't heard anything from Tamagno for a few days.  I worry when a regular poster stops posting and hope nothing is serious. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

Grammabear, I don't know of any Medicare rule that you have to go to a Diabetes Educator each year.  I had to go once when I was with Kaiser but that was their rule.  I have been on Medicare for ten years now and I have never been told that I have to see a Diabetes Educator.  I wonder if it's your Doctor ?
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this mostly clear morning, 90 (4.99) at bedtime last night.

I too am unaware of Medicare rules about seeing a DE.  The only time I went to one was right after dx and I have never been back since.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

I think we've covered this before, but in India, insurance doesn't cover anything until you're hospitalised. But then my annual premium is around $ 220/-

I was 85 pre-dinner and 114 in the morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

80 for the night time before dinner and 91 fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

Kathy? Could it be because you're a type I pumper?

Tamagno

236 this morning.

Was in hospital a couple of days on account of everyone thought I had pneumonia. Of course, it turned out just to be viral bronchitis which is what I told the ER docs, but...

Kathy, being tortured by diabetes "educators" is so frustrating. I've now seen them in at least six different hospitals and, for example, not one has ever even heard of CGMs. Additionally, most think an insulin pump is either a surgically implanted device or an IV drip. Things go downhill from there.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

And the really irksome part is that these 'educators' are getting PAID for the job for which they know nothing!  >:(

Grammabear

Quote from: Tamagno on May 11, 2017, 05:53:01 AM
236 this morning.

Was in hospital a couple of days on account of everyone thought I had pneumonia. Of course, it turned out just to be viral bronchitis which is what I told the ER docs, but...

Kathy, being tortured by diabetes "educators" is so frustrating. I've now seen them in at least six different hospitals and, for example, not one has ever even heard of CGMs. Additionally, most think an insulin pump is either a surgically implanted device or an IV drip. Things go downhill from there.

John, The educator is an RN in addition to being an educator.  And yet when I asked for help in trying to get started with a solid weight loss program, her reply was "well, it isn't easy" and she did not offer one single piece of advice.  The Endo (her boss) is the guy who told me to starve myself if I wanted to lose weight.  And yet I'm supposed to look up to these people as being authorities??  >:(

Shanny, It is indeed irksome (which is a very good word by the way).  And a total waste of time because it is a 25-30 minute drive one way in addition to being an hour long appointment.  If only they would teach me something to make managing insulin a little bit easier, but No........they just say foolish things.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

80 (4.43) this morning.  Another very nice today and then it is supposed to drop about 10-15° for the next 5 days or so and then back up to the high 70's. 
@grammabear, OK that makes more sense.  I thought someone told you that you had to go to these because Medicare required it.  I was sent to a class when I was with Kaiser and it was the same thing.  All of them follow ADA guidelines and they are not allowed to deviate from them.  It is unfortunate because for people that know no different, like I was, their teachings are what you believe are the only way to treat this disease.  I followed that for 20 years because my doctors all followed ADA to the letter and also kept telling me that I was doing "great" as long as my A1c was below 7%.  When it went over 7 my doctor at the time, since fired, just shrugged his shoulders and refused to do anything to help.  I thought it would take a change of dosage as the medication was the way I was taught to treat this.  That was when I finally started doing some research and found that there was a far better way to handle this.  Unfortunately if your doctor requires you to sit through this you probably don't have a choice. 
@Tamagno, glad to hear that you didn't have pneumonia and I am glad to hear from you.  I worry when a regular poster misses a day because it is probably a problem. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

skb

88 last night pre-dinner & 124 this morning. That's either a meter error or some SF cookies (made at home) that I had. This lot has turned out extra sweet with some excess stevia going into it.

John, glad that all turned out well. Hope you are feeling better now.

That CDEs know nothing about CGMs comes as a surprise to me.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: Shanny on May 11, 2017, 06:50:08 AM
And the really irksome part is that these 'educators' are getting PAID for the job for which they know nothing!  >:(

True that. And most of the times it is taxed money going out to them.
@tamagno, Very happy that it wasn't pneumonia.

BG holding steady at 82 evening time and 92 morning. 
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

75 (4.16) this mostly clear morning, 82 (4.54) at bedtime last night.

Tamagno

190 this morning.

I made burgers from pork yesterday which wasn't bad (actually cheaper than beef) except the surprise was that what I thought was fatty meat didn't shrink at all on the grill. I'd added some barbecue sauce and quite a bit of fresh garlic that made them a little sweet and flavorful.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost