You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

73 (4.04) this mostly clear morning, 79 (4.04) at bedtime last night.

What happened to the Posts tab at the top of the page???

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

I'm guessing it's still lost in the shuffle that Sam announced earlier.  :(

bigskygal

OK, thanks.  I didn't know about the message 'cause I couldn't access new posts...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on May 18, 2017, 07:02:37 AM
Yesterday I watched a number of YouTube videos on Indian cooking including street foods in both Delhi and Mumbai as well as a few restaurants. Besides making me hungry I've got to wonder how it would be possible to maintain LCHF there?

It's tough, believe me, it's tough. But then with street food (mostly junk) it's tough anywhere in the world.

BG was 80 last night (pre-dinner) & 110 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

80 last night before dinner and 92 today morning.

@Grammabear, Great news.
@bsg, the new message is in the right panel. In the morning when I checked in BG Tracker was not working. So I've logged in again and found all in order.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

306 this morning.

I suspect you're right, SKB, having spent some time watching other street-food videos including a couple from such exotic locales as L.A. and New York City.

Nothing quite matches American state fairs, however, at which one can purchase such disparate items as rabbit and deep-fried Snickers bars.

Obviously, the deeper lesson is the state of food obsession a man can find himself in after months of eating by tube.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on May 19, 2017, 06:23:29 AMObviously, the deeper lesson is the state of food obsession a man can find himself in after months of eating by tube.
~hug~
If you can believe it, state & county fairs may even offer fried butter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJjW3I65e4

Carbcrazydog

121 today morning. I am exhausted mentally. need a vacation that is not time bound. 'I will come back when i feel better' kind of vacations :) My kids would find me from the other end of the world too though. That i have come to believe is a certainty.

walkerwally1

75 (4.16) this morning.  It's warming up as predicted, 70° (21.1°C) yesterday but it should get about 10° warmer by tomorrow.  Shorts and T-shirt weather and I like it.  Looks like that for the rest of the month.  Not too hot yet so enjoying it while it lasts. 
@Grammabear, that's good news.  It is frustrating not knowing what happened or what the cause was, but it is good to know that it was not a stroke. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

95 this morning which is a surprise.  Yesterday I had two hypoglycemic events and after one of them I rebounded into the mid 200s.  Sigh.....some days are more challenging than others.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Carbcrazydog

Take care grammabear!

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this mostly clear morning, 84 (4.65) at bedtime last night.

Weather is very mild after the snow/rain the other day.

Thanks Rocky, I was just surprised and didn't think ahead to the side bar.

Shanny,saw that video on Food Paradise I don't know why I tourture myself watching those food shows!

Went a bit off the reservation today.  The hot bar at the grocery store had Chinese  food.  I bought a few mini spring rolls.  My first husband, married 16 years, was Chinese and sometimes I really crave those flavors!  Thank goodness for crack slaw! But today they were really calling me...I expect to pay for it but sometimes you just gotta do it!

skb

Was hungry and stuck in traffic last evening, so I had a handful of peanuts. Naturally the pre dinner number was higher at 93, but I didn't expect it to push my morning number to 131. But then again, I'm operating with strips that are nearing their 'use-by' date. And it's hot.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

@Shanny, I've had fried ice cream, but I think now it is quite common. When I first had it, that was quite a trick.

@skb 131, with a handful of peanuts ? Must be the strip

My own numbers, 79 last evening and 91 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

118 today morning. Tomorrow is the IPL final and we are going to watch the cricket match at a sports bar kind of thing where they allow kids too.

I like going there because a lot of people i go with are non vegetarian and so I can eat a lot of starters which are LCHF. My family is an eggetarian one and we do not cook meat in the house. And when we go out, i do not like ordering for me alone and then telling my kids to not eat what i am eating. We are raising them vegetarian (with eggs) till they are old enough to make a choice.

There is this place called The fisherman's wharf which I want to try out. So maybe one of the coming weekends.

My kids have suddenly started calling me Mummiya instead of Mummy.  :P