You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

83 (4.6) this mostly clear morning, 90 (4.99) at bedtime last night.

Temps still cool here it got to 73°F (22.77°C) today.

Well, my new yard people have totally failed me.  >:(  Now I have to try to find someone else.  I tried homeadvisor.com but they don't have anyone in my area.  I'm going to ask my neighbor as he knows all kinds of contractors. Tomorrow I will call the old people and see if they can recommend someone.
very frustrating!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

123 today morning. But then, yesterday was a Sunday, and Sundays have a lot of needless nibbling.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: Tamagno on May 21, 2017, 07:02:23 AM
Last night I grilled a whole leg of lamb; a little tricky but worth it!

That sounds yoummy. Hope you had a good time tamagno.

78 for without dinner yesterday and 90 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on May 21, 2017, 07:16:08 PMWell, my new yard people have totally failed me.  >:(   
Not 'liking' your post because I like this situation, but to communicate sympathy, and to recognize how infuriating it is when we eventually have to rely on others to get things done.

We had breakfast today with old friends whom we rarely ever see, & were reminiscing about this kind of 'insult' to our aging bodies. When DH was 74, he had total hip replacement surgery. He was a good patient and recovered completely after a few months. He not only recovered, he returned to his practice of felling trees & cutting/splitting our own firewood. Four years later, after he spent another day doing exactly that, he suffered a massive (doc's words) heart attack before he ever got outta bed that morning. There's no justice in the world for us old folks!  ~mad~

Tamagno

111 this morning.

Yard care is big business around here and there are plenty of people wanting to mow. Of course, they also want pretty big money for it as well...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

72 (3.99) this morning.  Spent most of the day yesterday going through a bunch of stuff that has been stashed away in boxes with the idea that "I'll get to that later" well, it's about 10 years later and I don't want of move a lot of junk.  We have a large trash trailer that has a hydraulic dump bed and it is almost full. I also have a big load to take to the Salvation Army.  The good thing is that I was busy all day so no snacking for me.
We got to 84° (28.9°C) yesterday.  (the temp converter does not work anymore)  and it will be the same for the next couple of days and then it will be windy and cooler.
Yeah Shanny, getting older has it's challenges but it beats the alternative !
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

107 this morning.

We 'mowed' yesterday and it only took the two of us 4+ hours.  The grass had grown to 6" or better in places simply because Mother Nature saw fit to send rain everyday until yesterday.  There is rain in the forecast again today, so very glad we mowed yesterday.  The best part about mowing yesterday is that we had Crack Slaw for dinner last night.  :)  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this blue sky morning, 85 at bedtime last night too.

Still looking for yard people.  I do have to say that I used homeadvisor.com to find an electrician yesterday and by noon today I had 4 responses and one is coming tomorrow.  And the service is free to users, the contractors pay a fee.  I'm really bummed they didn't have any yard people listed.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on May 22, 2017, 08:53:23 AM
(the temp converter does not work anymore)

Thanks for pointing it out.  Will look into it and have it working today.

91 before dinner and 111 fasting this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: walkerwally1 on May 22, 2017, 08:53:23 AM
Yeah Shanny, getting older has it's challenges but it beats the alternative !
~100~

Btw, I found the Temperature Converter working for me.

My readings, 82 for yesterday's before dinner and 95 this morning. Tested a bit late.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

122 yesterday and forgot to test today. I am eating better but still later than i should.

Haven't gone through the posts since a few days. Hope everyone is doing well.

Tamagno

160 this morning.

Wally, there's something very satisfying about clearing things out. My last hold out is the attic to which I do not have easy access. But then, I don't think there's too much up there.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

79 (4.38) this morning.  We got up to 87° (30.56°C) yesterday (temp converter is working for me now, thanks !)  and today is supposed to be the hottest so far.  Then it will cool down over the Memorial Day weekend.
Tamagno, yeah, I am one of the top procrastinators in the world and a lot of this stuff was my Dad's that was in big plastic tubs, about 10 of them, that after he died I brought home and just put away to go through "later" but that has been 10 years.  I have also gone through a lot of my stuff and have sold a lot on Ebay.  The good thing is having time to deal with this and I don't want to move anything I don't really need, and that amounts to a lot of stuff.  Salvation Army will be getting a lot of stuff also.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

110 (6.09) this morning.

Cloudy here and looks a lot like rain.  Mother Nature plays strange tricks on us.

My hubby and I fondly refer to ourselves as pack rats because of all the 'stuff' around our place.  It seems that we inherited a lot of things we've never used since both of our parents passed away.  One hates to part with sentimental things.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this clear morning, 95 (5.26) at bedtime last night.

Another beautiful day here.  The electrician arrived on time and spent a couple hours sorting out my electrical issues.  Now all my plugs work and I once again have a hall light!!  :) And he told me about a yard person too!!  :) :)