You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Yesterday was mango picking day. I tried 2 of a new variety that we have planted. Yet, my Fasting was a decent 116. I'm wondering if the liver saved up some for tomorrow and the day after. Time will tell.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

82 yesterday before dinner and 99 this morning  :o

All this mango talk got the better of me. Mixed some sliced mango in vanilla ice cream and had a cup. Hope this doesn't haunt me for a number of days.
Not blaming anyone, it's that my taste buds got the better of me.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

157 this morning.

Still cold and rainy around here. Would love to have some heat!

Mangos are at the grocery now for $1.00 apiece. Naturally, I'm tempted but honestly, with temperatures in the 50s it just doesn't seem like mango weather.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

83 (4.6) this morning.  We were about 5° cooler yesterday at 86° (30°C) and now it looks like a cold front will pass through this weekend and we will be in the low 70's for a couple of days. 
As much as I like fruit, and Mangos are near the top of the list, I know that I just cannot eat any.  Some are able to get by with a small amount but I can't so I just don't even try. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

100 (5.54) this morning.  :)

John - If you folks get what we had yesterday, you will be getting "heat".  We had 90 deg (32.22) with 80% humidity.  Today is a nice 75 (23.85) with light breezes.

Rocky - I envy you to be able to have fresh mango with ice cream.  The mango being offered in the store here is green and not ripe, hardly worth buying.  I love fresh mango too.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

87 (4.82) this clear blue sky morning, 93 (5.15) at bedtime last night.

Oh Shanny, I just can't like your post...the humidity kills me!!

Just talked to my middle grand daughter (14yo) she broke 2 bones in her right leg playing soccer.
  She is on a competitive team,  She's out for 7 weeks.  It is her first serious injury.  I feel so bad for her.
[/font

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: rocky on June 04, 2017, 11:47:09 PM
Not blaming anyone, it's that my taste buds got the better of me.

~sml~

I was at 95 pre-dinner and 113 today morning. Rains are around the corner, but they have yet to take that turn.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: Grammabear on June 05, 2017, 09:52:32 AM
Rocky - I envy you to be able to have fresh mango with ice cream.  The mango being offered in the store here is green and not ripe, hardly worth buying.  I love fresh mango too.

Yes, but it is not worth the price that we have to pay. My number didn't go up a whole lot but I am used to the very low 90s upon waking up and I like it there.

86 last evening before dinner and 96 this morning. It is still lingering there.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

So much talk about mangoes! I seem to be the only one who is not crazy about mangoes. I would like some mango juice but i somehow never crave any fruit. Grapes is the best i like- the green ones but i am not even close to tempted. I used to love freshly squeezed orange juice though.

115 today morning. Am swamped at work.

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on June 05, 2017, 10:34:15 PMJust talked to my middle grand daughter (14yo) she broke 2 bones in her right leg playing soccer.
  She is on a competitive team,  She's out for 7 weeks.  It is her first serious injury.  I feel so bad for her.
Prayers for a quick recovery . . . she must be devastated. It's a really serious injury.  :'( 

Tamagno

148 this morning.

Well, Carbcrazy, I'm certainly with you on the grapes; it's been so long since I ate fruit I can hardly recall, though!

Kathy, you're right about the heat. It'll still just be in the 50s today, but tomorrow promises temps in the 80s - I'm ready.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

99 (5.48) this morning.  Weather remains steady but it looks like we will see a drop in temp. starting Thursday and through the weekend.  A bit of wind also but mostly sunny.
I was thinking yesterday, every once in a while I do that, and I wondered why I/we put so much importance in fasting bg.  One reason may be that Doctors seem to pay attention to that number and tend to ignore testing taken at any other time of day.  Another reason may be that all forums for diabetes have a thread like this one.  While the fasting number is important testing before and after meals is also important.  I remember when I first started LCHF, almost four years ago, my first goal was to stay below 140 mg/dl at all times.  After I found that was doable I revised my goal to stay below 120 mg/dl  at all times and as long as that was achievable I didn't worry about any other numbers.  I guess my only point is that while fasting is important, and I will keep posting mine, the rest of the time is also important and that is why I still test 4-5 times a day.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

You're exactly right, Wally . . . I think we prob'ly focus on that because it's all the doctors ever wanna hear. Why they're so fixated on it is beyond me. My take is that postprandial levels are most important, as long as we're keeping logs of what we eat and how much of it. Keeping everything under 140 is a good place to start, since it's purported to be the level where damage begins to occur, but your tweak is even better - the LOWER the better. We know that non-diabetic persons run in the 70s/80s/90s all the time, so there's no excuse for believing those levels would be detrimental to us.

And as refers to mangoes, I guess I've never eaten one.  :(

Grammabear

I agree about the fasting number and why Doctors seem to be so interested in that particlar number.  For me, being insulin dependent, the bedtime number is also very important.  It tells me if my evening meal was appropriate for LCHF, and also it tells me if my basal insulin is appropriately dosed. 

I go tomorrow for an A1C blood draw and all I ever hear from my doctor is:  a form letter that says "your A1C" is within normal range (whatever that means). 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this mostly clear morning, 92 (5.1) at bedtime last night.

Yes Shanny, she is devastated.  She not only may miss a spot in an even more competitive team,
she is missing out on special trips her Jr High graduating class is taking. Like today was to a Water Park.  The family is going to Hawaii at the end of the month to celebrate her older sister's graduation from High School and her's from Jr High and she won't be in the water there. 

My son is worried because this is a very bad break.  I worry too about that and her mental situation and how it will/could change her game play, or even her enjoyment of playing.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.