You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

88 this morning.

We got some much needed rain but in the form of severe thunderstorms.  One town close by got 3 inches of rain in just over one hour which flooded roads.

I also enjoy listening to birds singing, especially in the evening.  The American Robin sings a different song in the evening than she does in the mornings.  There is one who has eggs in a nest close to the house and she scolds loudly when we walk anywhere near her nest.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

80 (4.42) this morning.  The weather guys were right again and we got to a high of 86° (30°C) yesterday and it is supposed to be hotter today.  They are over 100° (37.8°C) in town and should be over 110° (43.3°C) by the weekend.
@CCD, I would go ahead and try them even though they have expired.  I have used strips over a year past the expiration and they worked just fine.  If there is a problem it will show up by being quite a bit off from what you expect. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

We had thunderstorms last night too, and when I let Fritz out in the early morning, it was raining a pretty good lick. Haven't been out to see if it washed the roads at all.

With our enormous wrap-around porch, we have birds nesting under it all the time, mostly wrens. And yes, we get very loud scoldings whenever we dare to go out there!

We don't bother them - figure they know better than we how to raise their young - but about once a year we'll find an entrepreneurial black snake making his way to the nest, and those guys we definitely discourage. They're our friends out here & we don't kill snakes, but we don't let them eat birds' eggs or baby birds either!  ;)

bigskygal

86 (4.76) this partly cloudy morning, 93 (5.15) at bedtime last night.

It got up to 67°F (19.4°C) today and the sky is very cloudy.  May see some rain tonight.

I have lots of birds here!  Sometimes their cries are so loud it is almost annoying. Especially the magpies with their babies crying to be fed.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

110 this morning. I was up, at night, and had a little something, which seems to have helped with DP.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on June 15, 2017, 06:22:06 AM
114 today morning. I got the strips refilled. Today while cleaning I found a box of 50 strips that expired in June 2016. I must have misplaced them while shifting houses. It was such a painful moment as i thought of all the money wasted.

@ccd, I would try and use a couple of them while comparing with the new lot. If they work fine, then there's no need to throw them out. Merely suggesting  :-\

79 last evening and 91 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

103 today morning. ate well yday and tested late.

I am not sure how you use expired strips but if i insert them, it shows an error saying strips expired or something. Anyone faced the same with Accucheck?

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on June 16, 2017, 01:14:13 AM
I am not sure how you use expired strips but if i insert them, it shows an error saying strips expired or something. Anyone faced the same with Accucheck?

I think it may work only if you have the corresponding code chip that is inserted into the meter.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Vahit

Hello Everyone,

Happy to be here again. My few readings.

13th June - 128
14th June - 122
15th June - 116
16th June - 122

All are early morning fasting.

Have a great day  ;D

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on June 15, 2017, 07:43:43 PMI have lots of birds here!  Sometimes their cries are so loud it is almost annoying. Especially the magpies with their babies crying to be fed.
I remember many years ago my parents were visiting us and one night a whippoorwill got tuned up. Mom was so vexed that she said she came close to throwing a shoe out the window at it!  ;D

Tamagno

157 this morning.

I think SKB is right about the chip, unfortunately. A similar state of affairs with printer ink cartridges.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

91 (5.04) this morning.  Well, 88° (31.1°C) yesterday and with a slight breeze it was quite comfortable.  Supposed to be hotter today and we should be in the 90's.  Hottest days look to be Sunday-Wednesday and then lowering a bit. Pushing 110-112° (43.3-44.4°C) in town so any trip there will be early in the morning. 
@CCD, sorry, I did not have to contend with that when I had a supply of expired strips and used them.  My meter did not check expiration date of the strip so it had no problem with it.  I think you probably are going to have to toss them out.
We also have a wide variety of birds here and some are quite pleasant to listen to but some are annoying.  We have a lot of doves and they have an ugly screech and of course the Blue Jays also screech.  A covey of Quail go through the yard every morning and they are fun to listen to as they are constantly jabbering back and forth to each other.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

83 (4.93) this morning.

Baby birds seem to have the 'ability' to increase the volume of their voices so 'Mom" will be able to hear their cries.  I was reminded of this while at the Podiatrist office yesterday.  There was a toddler who threw a 'tantrum' and boy was she loud!!
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Quote from: skb on June 15, 2017, 11:03:21 PM110 this morning. I was up, at night, and had a little something, which seems to have helped with DP.
I do this myself, but it's also the reason I don't post numbers in this thread, because while having a bite in the night solves the DP problem, the morning number is no longer a 'fasting' number, since I've had food within less than eight hours.

walkerwally1

One of the things that I really like about a forum like this is that you get input from a variety of people.  It underlines the fact that we are all different.  I had a problem with DP when I first started LCHF but as time went on it became less and less of a problem.  Now in the morning my liver seems to be content even if I am in the low 80's and I never eat anything after dinner.  If I am high in the morning it is from what I ate the night before.  If I am high 2 hours after dinner I will be high in the morning. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024