You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

96 this morning.

skb - Very well said in regard to doctors and their lack of understanding on some things.

John - Have not watched "The Wild Chef" and we're always looking for recommendations.  Thank you for sharing.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

86 (4.76) this morning.  We were at 95° (35°C) yesterday so a couple of degrees below the predicted high.  It is supposed to be over 100° (37.8°C) next week and then lower after the weekend.
An interesting thing for me is that I have come across several accounts from health professionals, doctors, RN's, dieticians and others that have done research after they found that they had diabetes.  In one case a doctor who had been treating patients for over 30 years.  He was just doing research to determine what drug he was going to start using.  He found that the research is all there that shows how lifestyle changes are the very first thing to try to treat a person with diabetes.  Applying that to himself he found out to his surprise that it works and has never used a drug for treatment.  He now uses this as a method to treat his own patients.  Others found the same thing after applying it to themselves and may treat their patients the same.  It took the reality of knowing that they were the patient for them to do the research and sadly it is right there for anyone to see but it is ignored by the establishment.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

"The Wild Chef" . . .the one who does wild game? I've eaten a lot of it in my time, and it's some pretty good eating, all the way from fish (trout, catfish, walleye, pike, bass) to fowl (pheasant, grouse) to venison and even squirrel. But I haven't seen that show - prob'ly because we don't have tv or Netflix.  ;)

Shanny

Most docs have no idea what their patients are going through. Even my own beloved retired physician husband is known to have once said 'Ouch! I've prescribed that for years but had no idea it hurt so much!' . . . having had a steroid shot for tennis elbow. He was a very compassionate doc who listened to his patients and they loved him for it, but . . .  (and his partners always groaned & moaned that he didn't see enough patients because he took too long with each one - always in pursuit of more money.  >:(  Which, btw, begs the question, are there enough hours in a day to see 100 patients?  ??? )

Grammabear

Don't know about there being enough hours in the day to see 100 patients, but at the clinic where I go when you make your appointment, you are told how long the appointment will be for and how long you have with the doctor.  If you are 10 minutes late, they cancel your appointment and you must reschedule.  The reschedule thing I understand but I don't agree with it.  Once I was in a car accident on my way to the doctor, and of course I was late arriving for my appointment.  It did not matter, they cancelled it anyways.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Seems to me that if you worked an 8-hour day, you might get 7½ minutes for each patient - right? - that's if you don't take a lunch break? But that's just office hours - then you have hospital rounds to make & if you're on call, possibly ER visits . . .

bigskygal

95 (5.26) this partly cloudy morning, 93 (5.15)at bedtime last night.  Still paying for the snacks yesterday!!

I don't have Netflix either.  I just checked Amazon Prime Video but it isn't on there.  Sigh, it sounds interesting.  I don't know why I torture myself watching cooking shows, but I love to watch them!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on June 18, 2017, 06:05:37 PM
Seems to me that if you worked an 8-hour day, you might get 7½ minutes for each patient - right? - that's if you don't take a lunch break? But that's just office hours - then you have hospital rounds to make & if you're on call, possibly ER visits . . .

In our neck of the 'woods' doctors no longer make hospital rounds.  The hospitals here have what they call "hospitalists" which is a MD that only works at the hospital when a new patient is admitted.  I can't say I like that idea, but then again, no one asked me either. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on June 18, 2017, 06:12:25 PMI don't have Netflix either.  I just checked Amazon Prime Video but it isn't on there.  Sigh, it sounds interesting.  I don't know why I torture myself watching cooking shows, but I love to watch them!!
We have Amazon Prime Video as well, but I rarely find anything there that I care to watch. Do you have better luck?

skb

124 today. Yesterday was Ami's birthday and someone sent a chocolate cake. I had a slice and had already braced for this number.

I have Netflix but it is region specific. So if Wild Chef is featured, I'll watch it.

Wally, Dr. James Carlson who wrote "Genocide - What your Dr doesn't know will kill you" is one such doctor.

Drs in India definitely see more than 100 patients a day. It's hard to believe, but our local hero, Dr Shenoy sees 3-4 patients simultaneously and his waiting room always has more 30 patients in queue.

I have a premises which I'm trying to lease out to a group of doctors for a mini multi specialty hospital, and after holding a couple of meetings with them, I have seen the way they work out the economics, and their mindset. Sad, but true.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

84 last evening before dinner and a 95 this morning  >:(

@skb, thanks for the sound clip. That bird indeed says "brain fever".
Please wish Ami a Happy Birthday on my behalf. Haven't seen her in a long time. Please ask her to post a few recipes.  ;D

I missed out on the fabulous discussion on doctors. I must admit it is quite appalling the way they treat patients. On the other hand, I am quite lucky that Healthcare is pretty good here, though I very much doubt if they'd be open to discussing LCHF.
My life is based on a true story.

bigskygal

Shanny, I haven't found much on Amazon Prime Video ... 
when my dish was out last month the only thing I foud was True Blood a vampire story that I binged for the 3 days my dish was out, but haven't gone back to i since.    I guess Netflix has more to offer, but the cost to me is a factor. 

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

109 yesterday morning. Forgot to test today.

My son starts school on Wednesday. He sounds excited now but i think there may be a meltdown when u goes in the school bus alone. Anxious  :-X

Shanny

Oh gosh, Paulomi . . . now you've got me reliving my boys' childhoods . . . and I can just see my first going tentatively up the sidewalk - we lived only 1½ blocks from school - he was so shy & quiet but he really wanted to go to kindergarten. He'd been in preschool & knew he liked school. I'm the one who had a meltdown!

My second one followed the next year & he was more outgoing, but he was the smallest in the class, so that made him a little hesitant. And I remember the day he came home all smiles because a new student had enrolled in his class, and he's cheering "I'm not the smallest anymore!" Bless his heart.  <3

Tamagno

134 this morning.

My wife, a clinical psychologist, was forced a few years ago to cut session times from the standard 50 minutes to 30. She now sees about 14 patients a day without break. This change was mandated by the hospital for which she works and which did not lower their patient fees.

In medical facilities run by this hospital, doctor visits are limited to 13 minutes (gosh, who came up with that?).

In my state, hospitals face tremendous pay back schemes to the state government that are beyond rationale and were formerly imagined only by the most venal mobsters.

Incredibly, a hospital cannot close without permission from the state so we are caught in a web of something akin to serfdom with increasing costs and diminishing services.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost