You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

Good grief! I just can't bring myself to 'like' your post, John. That is beyond bizarre.  :(

walkerwally1

96 (5.32) this morning.  We got up to a high temp. of 99° (37.2°C) yesterday so we didn't crack 100° but may today.  I need to go to town Wednesday and it is supposed to be 113° (45°C) so I will certainly try to get it done early.  Cooling should begin Thursday and temps should drop a few degrees.
My primary doctor is at a clinic that is on the local Hospital grounds but operates separately.  All of the facilities are accessible to the patients though so that is where I get my Lab work, imaging, etc. done.  I think that Medicare sets 15 min. as a limit for routine doctor visits and it seems like most doctors follow that.  My former doctor would spend 15 min. MAX at a visit and even if there were unanswered questions he was out the door.  My current doctor has the 15 min. per visit set by the clinic but she takes as much time as she determines necessary and does not worry about going over.  I really appreciate that because sometimes it is necessary.  The only downside is that when you get there for an appointment you can expect to have a longer wait but to me it's worth it.  Her first appointment is at 8:00 AM and I have had her answer my messages as late as 8:00 PM  so she puts in a long day.  When I was in rehab with the broken hip she came by to see me on a Saturday !
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

96 (5.32) this morning.

And sometimes my husband wonders why I stress out when I have to see the doctor.  He says "the doctor is there to help you", and I say "you don't know what you're talking about."   :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

You have an exceptional doc, Wally. Would that there were more like her!

Our doc is the same. Years ago when DH had a psychotic break, he had already spent 30-40 minutes describing it to our doc, and he finally said this is taking too long - you need to go. Doc said "I'm still listening."

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this morning.  I forgot to take a bedtime reading.  :(

Tamagno, that is crazy!!

My dr is pretty good about taking all the time I need.  As long as he isn't spouting nonsense like my diabetes is cured!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

109 pre-dinner last night. Higher because I had a good lunch in the afternoon. Usually I'm not a lunch eater. But the morning number 120, is slowly inching down to its normal.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

According to me, 15 minutes to a patient seems reasonable enough time for a doctor patient conversation, though in cases a lot more time could be required. A time limit as a guideline is fine but cannot be strictly enforced.

82 last evening before dinner and 91 this early morning.   
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

201 this morning.

We got what looks like 8-9" of rain yesterday afternoon in the course of about two hours. Very unusual for this area but looks to have passed through leaving high humidity.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

86 (4.76) this morning.  We finally cracked the 100° mark yesterday with a high of 101° (38.3°C) and it will probably stay over 100° for the next seven days.   ~hot~
  I'm spending most of the day inside with the cooler on. 
There is a brush fire about 30 miles NW of here that is about 1500 acres right now and we are getting some smoke.  The poor fire fighters having to deal with this heat ! 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

135 (7.48) this morning.  I fell asleep watching television only to be startled awake by a 'noise'.  It turns out my blood sugar dropped to 52 (2.88).  I'm sure glad for the Dexcom CGM.

The past week we've had 3.5 inches of rain in less than one hour, next day we got another inch of rain.  Yesterday we had a downpour, but it was of short duration. 

Wally - We've had our air conditioner running 24x7 for several weeks now.  The humidity from all this rain is simply intolerable.  Do take care of yourself.  I feel sorry for firefighters dealing with fires and heat.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on June 20, 2017, 10:19:53 AM
  I fell asleep watching television only to be startled awake by a 'noise'.  It turns out my blood sugar dropped to 52 (2.88).  I'm sure glad for the Dexcom CGM.

In late 2010, I was on a met + glip combo and had just started LC food. I experienced many hypos at night, while asleep. Of course my hypos were false hypos between 65-70, but I have woken up every time with a start, mostly experiencing a nightmare. This is a good defence mechanism that the brain employs.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this mostly clear morning, 91 (5.04) at bedtime last night.  I think my sore foot is contributing to the #'s. At least it is better today.

It got up to 80°F (26.6°C) today, but will slowly drop down the next few days.  That is fine with me!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

@skb, you always have some great inputs on all facets of diabetes. I liked the explanation of the defence mechanism the brain employs to wake one up, given the dangers of an approaching low. makes a lot of good sense.

I was at 83 before dinner yesterday. I decided to check my after dinner score as well. 104  ;D
But today morning's 97 surprised me. A bit on the higher side.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

197 this morning.

The humidity here is high, but we don't have nearly the heat you all are getting westward.

For some reason, I'm almost entirely hypo-unaware and have found myself functioning at blood glucose of 20 (pre-CGM days). I've always considered this state of affairs something of a convenience.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Carbcrazydog

121 today morning after having more-than-i-should-have bread.

Shanny- loved your kids' school stories.

Day 1 was on schedule but he cried while boarding the school bus. But i called the school and he was settled then. Will know more stories in the evening.

My daughter could not understand why he is not with her on way to school. She kept on waving at every bus and said he is in that bus and waved bye. It was pretty touching. But soon they will be back at each others' throats.  :P