You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

84 this morning.

Our area was hit with some very unstable weather last night.  A tornado went overhead and someone at the nearby auto plant got 'video footage' of it.  Thankfully no one was injured.  I'm just glad to be alive this morning after last night's weather.  It is reported we got 4+ inches of rain. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

@kathy, hope things have eased up now. That's a lot of rain for one day. Having lived in an area with high rainfall, I can imagine the problems so much of water can bring about.

@john, hope the procedure goes well. It's a good thing that the hospital called, and you became aware of the error on your record. If not, that might have continued. I wonder if a heroin user is entitled to insurance benefits.

@wally, hope the elevated enzymes can be brought under control. It's possible that it is a side effect of some medication you're on.

I was 99 pre-dinner last night and after dinner my sweet tooth started acting up. I had 2 pieces of chocolate and find myself at 124 this very early morning. I'm going back to bed and hope to have a lower number when I finally wake up in the morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 75 (4.16) here this morning too...are we related???
LOL!  90 (4.99) at bedtime last night.

Tamagno, hope all goes well with the procedure.

Kathy, that sounds really scary!! Glad you came out unscathed.

Wally, hope no problems are found in your scan.  I'm with skb, could it be a medication you are on?

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

108 today morning.

skb- I share your sentiment over chocolates. They are my reason for slipping most of the time.

Today I have got sweets for my office colleagues to celebrate the promotion. And i can swear that the chocolate roll is eyeing me and convincing me to pick it up :)

rocky

Wally, Tamagno, grammabear you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

My own BG shows a return to normalcy. 82 yesterday evening before dinner and 92 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

187 this morning.

Spoke with my aunt down home yesterday who comes up cancer free after a bout with lymphoma and a lot of chemo! It's hard to kill us old hill billies...

Gosh, Kathy, that rain sounds like something; sure am glad you came through unscathed.

I'm wondering the same about meds causing high numbers, Wally. Hopefully all is well.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

95 this morning.

John - I'm thinking of you and will offer a prayer for your procedure that it will be successful and recovery will be uneventful.

It turns out that we had not one, but two, F1 tornadoes on the ground within 30-45 minutes of each other.  There were no fatalities, but considerable damage to farms such as building gone, trees down and equipment damaged.  Power lines down and so much debris to clean up.........all this happened just south of our house.  We are indeed fortunate to have come through unscathed.  I don't mind telling anyone that I was scared.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 (4.99) this morning.  Weather is one of those "if you liked yesterday, you will like today and if you like today you will like tomorrow" things going on and on for the next several days.  Not a bad thing as it is quite nice for here in the summer.
Yes, medications could be one reason for higher liver enzymes.  I went over the list of meds that could be a cause and nothing stands out, most I have been taking for quite a while.  Pain relievers like Ibuprofen and Acetaminophen are suspects but I stopped using them a couple of years ago because I did not want to have something like this to happen.  I used to use  Ibuprofen a lot because of my knees but decided that it was not a good thing and learned that I can live with the pain.  So far tests have all been good.  No Hep A,B or C.  It will be interesting to see what the ultrasound shows, if anything. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

I've prob'ly posted this before, and if I have, please forgive my faulty memory, but we stopped using NSAIDS too. I was taking ibuprofen at 800mg a pop, just for inflammation, and when I needed pain management, I took (and still take) Norco.

But this post is to say that we're still using anti-inflammatories by combining a fish oil capsule with a krill oil capsule and a curcumin capsule (curcumin comes from turmeric). All are available from Amazon and each is a strong anti-inflammatory in its own right, so together they get the job done.

bigskygal

85 (4.71) this mostly clear morning, 85 at bedtime last night too.

84°F (28.8°C)for a high today. 2 more days of high 80's then high 90's  :(  I hate it that hot!!

A dear friend of mine passed away in his sleep last night.  He has been going downhill for some time now.  He had heart problems among other things.  He stopped taking his meds and eating so it was just a matter of time.  It  is still sad to think of a world without him in it.  When I lived in CA he and his wife lived across the street from me and DH.

They moved to MT 10+ years before I did.  I came up to visit them and fell in love with the area and moved here in 2004.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

@Paulomi, hope you had a blast & kept away from the chocolate rolls.

@Kathy, that was really lucky. Being scared in such calamities is quite natural.

@John, hope all goes smoothly. Will keep you in thoughts & prayers.

I took some pain killers when I had some shoulder & upper arm pain, almost a year ago. Barring that, no medication whatsoever.

86 pre-dinner last night and 124 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: Grammabear on June 30, 2017, 08:44:28 AM
It turns out that we had not one, but two, F1 tornadoes on the ground within 30-45 minutes of each other.  There were no fatalities, but considerable damage to farms such as building gone, trees down and equipment damaged.  Power lines down and so much debris to clean up.........all this happened just south of our house.  We are indeed fortunate to have come through unscathed.  I don't mind telling anyone that I was scared.

2 tornadoes in that short span of time ? I'm glad that you and yours are safe and sound.

81 before dinner last night and 91 fasting this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

161 this morning.

Looks like we got just a little of that storm activity last night with very heavy rains but nothing like the scary stuff you had, Kathy.

Things are looking quiet for our holiday weekend - nothing wrong with quiet!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Carbcrazydog

104 today morning.

skb- I did have some chocolate roll but pretty much in moderation.

grammaB- i am sorry to hear about your friend. I cannot imagine losing someone I have known all my life. I did lose my father but till now never someone who has been closer to my age. I can only imagine how it feels.

My kids are both into cycling and forced me to take them down to cycle today. I realized that it is a very good way to get some exercise. 4 rounds around the apartment complex while pushing one tricycle and following the other one on a bicycle is a lot more fun and excitement.

Tamagno- you will be in my prayers.

Rocky- glad to see your consistent numbers! great going.

Vahit

Hello everyone

More of my fasting numbers. Now that the fasting month is over, I can have food during the days and numbers are more in restriction

27th June  119
28th June. 124
29th June. 122
30th June. 124
Today. 116

I'm eating better and according to plan. Hope to have more better numbers next time

Have a great day