You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

74 (4.10) this morning.  Weather is "yada, yada, yada" and that's a good thing.  Getting a later start today because it's Saturday and even though I don't have to get up and go to work anymore during the week it's still a habit to relax more on the weekend.   `8)
The funny thing is that I backed off the NSAIDs some time ago because I was getting higher than normal readings for my kidneys, never thought about my liver.  From what I gather from some reading it is not unusual to have elevated liver enzymes and they may return to normal in a month or two so it is too soon to draw any conclusion.
Kathy, tornados would scare the heck out of me.  I live in earthquake country and earthquakes don't bother me at all but a tornado, not something I would want to deal with.  So glad you are OK after it was over.
Barbara, sorry about your friend.  It is sad but then maybe he is in a better place.                                           
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

89 (4.93) this warm partly cloudy morning, 94 (5.21) at bedtime last night.

Yes, his passing was sad, but I think you are right Wally, he is in a better place now. And not in pain.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

So sorry to learn of your loss Barbara. I somehow missed that.
My daughter and granddaughter have come down to India. I was super excited to meet my granddaughter again. She's now 10 months old and quite a bundle of joy. I also indulged in some wayward eating and find myself in the higher ranges. 128 this morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

@ccd, thanks. Your numbers have been pretty good too.

@vahit, your numbers are very encouraging too. Keep it up.

@bsg, sorry I missed that one too. The loss of a near one is always hard to bear. Condolences.

2skb, have fun. Infants and kids are a source of endless joy.

82 / 111 Before and After dinner yesterday and a 90 this morning.  ;D
I have some extra office work to be done today, so I will be tied up with that most of the day.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

196 this morning.

BigSkyGal, you have my prayers for peace and rest from your loss.

A few teaspoons of sugar-free chocolate pudding in the middle of the night produced this mornings high glucose. I make it with half and half instead of heavy cream which accounts for the extra carbs.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

94 (5.21) this morning.  Well, the weather is leaving nothing to talk about !  At least as far as the weather goes.  For the next three weeks I have no doctors appointments, I think that is some kind of record lately.  Well, I probably will have to see my primary after all the results are in for the liver enzymes but still, the calendar looks quite bare right now.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

91 (5.04)  this blue sky morning, 105 (5.82) at bedtime last night.
  And I know just where that came from!  I had a rib eye steak last night slathered in a local organic black truffle goat cheese for dinner and I ate a lot more than I should have!!!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.  It is hard to lose a long time friend.  My heart goes out to his wife as I have been there done that almost 20 years ago.  That pain/loss never really goes away completely.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on July 02, 2017, 10:06:49 PM
I had a rib eye steak last night slathered in a local organic black truffle goat cheese for dinner and I ate a lot more than I should have.

Haven't had those in a long time. Here that is banned, so I have to go to muscat to my cousin's, if I want to enjoy that. 126 this morning. Still reeling from some almond cookies.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

I often forget that the cow is sacred in India.  Here in the US I think ribeye steak is the best o the best!!

rocky

80 for the before dinner yesterday and 92 this morning fasting. 
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

116 today after eating a lot of street food yesterday. I tried to be good but guess the bits and pieces i tasted showed today.

skb- enjoy ur granddaughter. I really found the first 2 years so difficult that anyone who would find my kid cute, i would look at them like they come from a different planet. But they did start looking cute once i started to get some sleep :)

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on July 02, 2017, 10:42:53 PM
I often forget that the cow is sacred in India. 

When it was available, the meat came only from the bulls, but now only buffalo meat is available. I'm not very happy with that as the buffaloes are used for milking all their sorry lives and are given loads of Growth Hormones and antibiotics everyday. That meat is certainly not healthy.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

171 this morning.

Wally, no docs for three weeks sounds like a good deal. Enjoy!

I keep wondering what will happen to india's street economy (especially the food) as it moves away from cash. My news feed buzzes with beef controversy but little on my topic of interest.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Carbcrazydog

Tamagno- Did you read somewhere that India is moving away from cash economy? Digital payments are being encouraged and even small street vendors now carry a card machine or have digital money like paytm installed. However, India still predominantly remains a cash economy.

walkerwally1

92 (5.10) this morning.  With tomorrow being a holiday, Independence Day, today will be pretty quiet.  Tomorrow and Wednesday the traffic going home will make our highway a pretty busy mess.
Nowadays with a credit card or debit card I rarely use cash or write a check.  I pay all of my bills on line also so I may write one or two checks a month.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024