You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

143 this morning.

Woke this morning and found there's no real coffee in the house. It'll be interesting to see if my body responds to decaf anyway. It's surprising to discover the extent of these little addictions; I'm already pondering which of the teas I've got sitting around might have caffeine...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

I have used decaf for quite a long while (and I normally drink tea anyhow, altho' not decaf) but I never thought I could tell the difference in regular & decaf coffee. Then one day last week my everlovin' made me coffee as he was making his own, and as I was enjoying it, it dawned on me it might be regular. Something about the flavor. So I asked & he said yes, it was.  So now I can apparently tell the difference . . . sometimes! haha

My usual go-to morning drink  is iced green tea, which has some caffeine, but about half what regular caffeinated brews have.

I wonder if they're really addictions, or just habits. I swear it's just going through the routine motions half the time. That I'm just too lazy to step away into a new routine, since I can do the old motions with my eyes closed & hardly even have to wake up!  ~slp~

walkerwally1

99 (5.48) this morning.  Well, we hit 100° (37.8°C) yesterday so it was best to stay inside most of the day.  Fortunately the humidity is low so the cooler is working well.  Expected to be 101 today and still a chance of thunderstorms today and tomorrow then it should start cooling down.
I do like my "bullet proof" coffee every morning and my mug holds 4 cups, 6 oz. coffee cups, and that is what I have.  That is it for the rest of the day for coffee but I do like Sun Tea and drink it during the day.  Never seemed to have a problem with caffeine and never had any "withdrawal" symptoms if I did not get my usual dose but I have missed it when I had to abstain prior to some testing.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

180 this morning due to site absorption problem.

I'm pretty sure I am addicted to coffee.  On the 'rare' occasions I have run out of the 'real' stuff, I'm forced to drink decaf and I always get a headache for the lack of caffeine.  I would like to know how to make iced green tea when you have time Shanny.  I also have a large coffee cup that holds 12 ounces and I fill it twice.  The saddest part of my day comes when I discover that I have overlooked having real cream in the house.......and that's when I make a trip to town just for one item.    :o
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

I have a 32oz carafe which I use for my mug, that I fill with a full tray of ice cubes while I'm brewing a cupful (2 teabags) of green tea in the micro. After the tea has steeped for a few minutes, I pour it over the ice (including the teabags), along with a pinch of salt, and stir it around. It lasts several hours & I keep sipping until the ice is all melted so I'm assured of getting the full quart of fluids.

skb

Barbara, hope things have settled down with the BG & the quake. Both can have nagging aftershocks.

John, great news about the procedure going smooth.

I start my day with 2 cups of regular tea. By regular I mean, the tea is a blended one, with milk & sugar free tabs. For the rest of the day I have green tea, with a couple of drops of lime.

I spent a couple of days in Chandigarh, a beautiful, well planned city in north India. I was there for an election meeting of our NRA. It was nice to meet old friends after a long time, but the food takes a hit at these gatherings. I didn't test.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

123 this morning.

Back to my usual coffee this morning, praise God!

I'm wondering if anyone is getting insulin paid for by Medicare and if so, which supplemental drug program you're using.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

81 (4.49) this morning.  Well, it got up to 100° (37.8°C) again yesterday.  At 5:00AM this morning it was 74° (23.3°C) and heavy cloud cover which held the heat in.  Not sure how hot it will be today but I'm sure it will be up there.  Still a chance of thunderstorms and the dreaded lightening.
@Tamagno, I am not an insulin user so I have no experience but my drug coverage (Medicare part D) is part of my supplemental insurance.  Checking there it is kind of hard to figure out except that insulin has no generic equivalent available so what is available is called a "preferred brand" which is covered but with a higher co-pay.  With pills it is $40.00 for a 3 month supply but with insulin I am not sure.  The main thing is that you are probably going to need to do some research of the available prescription plans to see which is the best and it is probably going to involve some phone work.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on July 08, 2017, 05:04:31 PM
I have a 32oz carafe which I use for my mug, that I fill with a full tray of ice cubes while I'm brewing a cupful (2 teabags) of green tea in the micro. After the tea has steeped for a few minutes, I pour it over the ice (including the teabags), along with a pinch of salt, and stir it around. It lasts several hours & I keep sipping until the ice is all melted so I'm assured of getting the full quart of fluids.

Thanks for taking time to provide your 'tea' recipe especially since you aren't feeling 100% yourself.  Do you have a favorite brand and is all green tea caffeine free or is it best to read the label?

Quote from: Tamagno on July 09, 2017, 05:44:45 AM
123 this morning.

Back to my usual coffee this morning, praise God!

I'm wondering if anyone is getting insulin paid for by Medicare and if so, which supplemental drug program you're using.

The insulin for my pump is paid for by Medicare.  Medicare pays 80% and my supplemental insurance pays the other 20%.  The insulin is paid for under plan B (durable medical equipment) and Walgreens is the only pharmacy in our area that was willing to bill it under part B.  Medicare has requirements in order to pay for the insulin one of which is you must have a fasting c-peptide and fasting blood sugar drawn at the same time.  Does not matter if you've been type 1 for many years, the test still has to be done "their way".  Hope this answers your question.  The company that I use for paying the 20% is Mutual of Omaha.

I'm glad you now can enjoy the simple pleasure of a cup of coffee once again.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Medicare pays for my Lantus also, but I don't know which part does the paying since we have Part D coverage too. All I know is a box of pens costs me about $43, because we also have a state program that helps out too.

bigskygal

90 (4.99) this partly cloudy morning, 97 (5.37) at bedtime last night.  Slightly lower...

It is still hot here and I'm not so sure if that isn't part of my bg issues.   So far there have been more than 30 aftershocks from the earthquake, none have been felt here though.  They are getting smaller and smaller, which is a good thing.

Tamagno, glad you are feeling better and get to enjoy some soft food.

I alternate between bullet proof coffee and green tea, but I only drink them in the morning.  Sometimes, the thought of coffee upsets my stomach so I go with the tea.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rocky

Work wise I've been quite busy and it appears that I may need to travel for a week. For the moment it is not yet confirmed but I just might need to. I also start my day with a coffee, and for the rest of the day I have tea. But not too many. Maybe just a couple of cups.

80 last evening before dinner and then 92 today morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on July 09, 2017, 10:24:55 AMThanks for taking time to provide your 'tea' recipe especially since you aren't feeling 100% yourself.  Do you have a favorite brand and is all green tea caffeine free or is it best to read the label?
You can get decaffeinated green tea, but I don't. I think it has about half the caffeine that regular coffee has.

And I don't have a favorite brand either. Often buy house brands, altho' I've had weak moments when I bought cute little collections in fancy tins for a lot more money.  ;)

Tamagno

129 this morning.

Thanks all for your advice regarding Medicare and insurance coverage. I'm not terribly surprised that additional tests are required, but it does seem a waste of time and money. What is surprising is that some is covered as durable medical equipment. Would that insulin were durable!

Grammabear

94 (5.21) this morning.  It is raining here and our temperature is 67 (19.44) at present and 91% humidity.

Tamagno - Another thing that also puzzles me about Medicare/insulin is that they pay better for T1's on a pump than they do for T2 who use external sources of insulin like a syringe or pen.  It is so 'not' fair to those individuals who choose to use syringe or pen whether they be T1 or T2.

We feed our feathered friends so we can have the pleasure of watching their antics.  This morning we had another 'visitor' that wasn't feathered but of the rodent variety.  He was so intent on eating the bird seed that he never knew I stepped out onto the porch to invite him to "leave"....... ::)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021