You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocky

Hey ccd,

Nice to see you around. I asked about you and the next post is yours.  ;D

I was at 78 last evening before dinner and today morning a 98  ??? Don't see any reason for that.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

100 this morning.

Just rain here and humidity, but not much heat. A good day for quiet hanging around the house and doing some cooking.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on July 14, 2017, 06:40:14 PM
Snap Wally!  82 (4.54) here this morning too!  79 (4.38) at bedtime last night.

It is just too freaking hot for me!!

I don't know Grammabear, I have seen the garter snakes here swimming across the irrigation ditch behind my house.  That really creeped me out.

76 this morning.  Have no clue why my bs is lower the last 3-4 mornings.  My insulin intake is the same or even lower and still the blood sugar stays low.  Mind you I'm not complaining, I wish I understood why.

Barb, seeing a garter snake swimming would definitely creep me out also.  I tell you another thing that creeps me out is when I'm sitting on our front porch swing and see a 'rodent' dart across the sidewalk.  Ugh!!!!!

One of my husband's co-workers gave him a strange vegetable called kohlrabi.  We've never had it before but it tastes pretty good.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

94 (5.21) this morning.  Boy, the weather looks like a carbon copy every day for at least the next 10 days.  We reached 95° (35°C) yesterday and I am good with that.  You don't want to spend too much time outside in the sun in the afternoon but it is really nice in the morning and evening.  Mid-day it is quite nice inside so not a problem.  Next month we should be moved to town where today it is 111° ( 43.9° C) so more time inside I think !   ~hot~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Wow! The move is almost here already? That came around quick!  ;D

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this morning, 81 (4.49) at bedtime last night.

It is still warm, but with the breeze it is much more bearable.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

Quote from: Shanny on July 15, 2017, 05:48:34 PM
Wow! The move is almost here already? That came around quick!  ;D
Yeah, there is a tenant living there and we gave him until August first to move.  He is buying a place of his own so we may need to be a little flexible and that's OK.  Still it looks like the first week of August.  I've sold a bunch of stuff on Ebay and made a few trips to the thrift shop but more to do.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: rocky on July 14, 2017, 11:05:24 PM
I was at 78 last evening before dinner and today morning a 98  ??? Don't see any reason for that.

Maybe an infection is around the corner Rocky. It's the same with me. I have an inexplicable 137 & don't know where that came from.  ???
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: skb on July 15, 2017, 09:58:00 PM
Maybe an infection is around the corner Rocky. It's the same with me. I have an inexplicable 137 & don't know where that came from.  ???

Maybe you're right. I do feel something in the throat. And my number was 101 today.  >:(
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

122 this morning.

I was wondering when your move was, Wally. Good luck!

Looks like another quiet, rainy day today...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

108 this morning.

Another thunderstorm and 'more' rain last night.  We're going to need a boat pretty soon.

Good Luck on the move to a new home Wally.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

76 (4.21) this morning.  Weather, same today as yesterday and the same as tomorrow.   `8)
Yeah, the move is getting closer and trying to get some things taken care of ahead of time.  We have plenty of help to move the larger stuff like furniture and appliances but all of the small stuff that collects over the years is what takes the time.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this blue sky morning, 83 (4.6) at bedtime last night.

Well, my worst nightmare happened yesterday afternoon.  A thunderstorm with very high winds passed through around 5PM.  One of my cottonwoods split and fell across my roof!! It was very close to the house which in the end was fairly good.  It hit the gutter at the back end of my house and was sort of propped up.  I don't know how much damage to the roof as it is covered by tree.  The guest bathroom wall is buckled as is the adjoining wall in the guest bedroom.  Branches hit the bathroom vent and I think my heater vent.  It was pouring rain but the only water, that I know of, came in through the bathroom vent.  Scared the heck out of me!!  I didn't hear the trunk part on the back side of the house, I heard the swish of the top of the tree hitting the front side of the roof and the deck.  My kitchen window is covered with tree top.

It could have been a whole lot worse!!  No broken windows and the roof seems to be OK except the gutter area in back.  Of course it was Saturday and I couldn't get ahold of the tree guy.  My ins said they would cover tree removal and haul away so that is good.  The adjuster will call tomorrow and I'll try the tree guy again too. I was going to clean up the yard some, lots of branches all over, but my neighbor said not to do anything until the adjuster comes out.

My poor cat was terrified!!  He went into hiding. Several hours later when he poked his nose out he started checking things out. His eyes were big as saucers, it took a long time for him to settle down.  I still have a knot in my stomach!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Shanny

OMG Barb! I'm not 'liking' that it happened, but that it was comparatively little damage & not much rain got in.

So the tree split & only half of it fell on the house? Imagine if the whole thing had hit. Anyone who has carried a few loads of firewood knows a live tree is hundreds of thousands of pounds of weight. 

Poor Boo . . . he must have been scared spitless. You'll both be very jumpy any time the wind comes up again.

bigskygal

I don't know exactly how this tree grew.  It split into 4 main branches at about 4' tall.  One of the four is what broke off.  I'll try to upload photos from my phone...

Sadly yesterday was my grand daughter's 16th Birthday.  I'll never forget the day, but for the wrong reason.

[attachment deleted by admin]