You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2017

Started by Tamagno, January 01, 2017, 06:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on July 18, 2017, 08:21:28 PM

I probably won't see my cat for the duration of repairs. Poor guy he's been in hiding since 11AM.

"Boo" is saving up his lap time for the near future.....???
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

rocky

The infection is clearing and numbers are inching towards normalcy. 88 last evening and 102 today.

BSG, hope the clearance goes smoothly and there is no unforeseen damage.
My life is based on a true story.

Carbcrazydog

118 today morning after a samosa and jalebi yday. I had a 91 sometime back. So hoping to get that number back sometime.

Rocky- glad your numbers are better.

Tamagno

154 this morning.

Barb, I'm sure glad to hear your insurance is good! I've had a couple of similar experiences and it makes all the difference to have solid insurance backing you up.

I'm trying to do some practicing but am finding it difficult having laid off the better part of a year. Well, nothing for it but to keep at it and slog through daily scales and arpeggios...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

78 (4.32) this morning.  There are six wildfires in the area, no threat here but it remains smoky unless the wind comes from the East and that is not normal.
My BIL is a local Plumbing Contractor and all of the trades know each other.  As a result it is good to know who you can trust and who is shady.  Word of mouth is usually the best way.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

76 this morning - still having trouble with lows during the night in spite of insulin adjustments.

Tamagno - Practicing is good even if you don't get the results you want at first. 

Wally - It is too bad you couldn't have some of our rain in your area as we have a bit too much.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

88 (4.88) this blue sky morning, 86 (4.76) at bedtime last night.

The tree is gone!!  This guy was an amazing worker! It is cleaner here now than it was before the tree fell. I will use him to take down all the cottonwoods in the Fall.  I just can't go through this again.

The first contractor came out today, but since the tree was still there, he couldn't look at the roof.
He is coming back tomorrow as is another contractor. 

A lot of the "damage" resolved some after the weight of the tree was gone.  But I well know it is still there and there are holes in my roof.

Poor Boo is a mess.  He stayed in his hidey hole all afternoon and is still there.  The guy walking on the roof must have terrified him, not to mention the chain saw!  It is usually very quiet here.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on July 19, 2017, 07:42:47 PM

The tree is gone!!  This guy was an amazing worker! It is cleaner here now than it was before the tree fell.

~gjb~ That was quick. That guy sure sounds like an amazing worker. In India, 4 people would have come to work for a week to remove that tree. But to be fair, they would have used manual saws & axes.

98 for the pre-dinner number & 118 today morning.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Very good idea to have them all taken out. I think you've mentioned they're the cotton-bearing ones, so prob'ly quite old. Down here we have sycamores which are a lot like cottonwoods - fast-growing and not so long-lived. there was an enormous one at the bottom of our driveway which we had to have removed a coupla years ago along with a coupla smaller oaks. They were all angled toward the garage and no amount of adjusting could have saved the building if any or all of them were to blow over.

Really glad the work is getting done quickly! Hope Boo survives the horror.

Carbcrazydog

115 today morning. Have lots of things to finish at work today.

The weather is so awesome here. All i wish is that i could be home with a book in the balcony.

rocky

BSG, it must be nice for you and the cat to have the tree out of the way.

My numbers are back in the normal. 89 before dinner last evening and 94 this morning.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

121 this morning.

Good arborist are hard to find; I'm glad yours is so good, Barb!

Yesterday I went down to Best Buy to look at the 4th generation Apple TV and whatever else. Decided to stick with my older gen 2 that is still working and save my money for another day...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

97 this morning.

It seems that every other day we have either a thunderstorm or a tornado sighting come through our area.  One does not get good sleep during these events.

I had a therapeutic massage yesterday in an effort to control chronic pain.  Today I can definitely tell the therapist found sore spots that I wasn't even aware were there.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

99 (5.48) this morning.  Yeah Kathy, we could use some of the rain you are getting.  The biggest problem is that here, this time of year, any rain is usually accompanied with lightening and two of the fires active right now were started by lightening.  We do have a small chance of thunderstorms Sunday and Monday. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

84 (4.65) this morning, 89 (4.93) at bedtime last night.

This tree guy is amazing!!  It took him around 7 hours to do the job. I have no fears about him taking down all my cottonwoods.  I dearly love those trees, but I cannot go through this again!!

Ins co is sending out people this evening to tarp the roof.  We get these random thunderstorms in the summer. Don't need any more water damage!  Have 2 contractors working on quotes so hope can get work started next week.  At least we will have a quiet weekend so maybe Boo can regroup and feel better.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.