You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Psoriasis & Diabetes

Started by skb, November 17, 2017, 06:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

I found an article which I thought may be of interest to some members. The full article/study is not available for free, so I've taken a web magazine release instead;

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/320087.php
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

I have mentioned this before but I have both T2 diabetes and  Psoriasis.  I have always suspected that they are somehow linked but I don't know which came first or if one was the cause of the other.  I suspect that both are resulting from problems with the immune system but that is just a guess.  Doctors don't seem to have a good understanding of either condition either.  Diabetes they just prescribe some pill.   Psoriasis  the only thing I have ever been given was some kind of steroid ointment which is not a cure and you should not use for a prolonged time.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

rocky

Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 17, 2017, 10:13:48 AM
I suspect that both are resulting from problems with the immune system but that is just a guess.  Doctors don't seem to have a good understanding of either condition either.  Diabetes they just prescribe some pill.   Psoriasis  the only thing I have ever been given was some kind of steroid ointment which is not a cure and you should not use for a prolonged time.

If doctors don't know any better, why not go with our own guesses ? Makes more sense as we know our own bodies much better.
My life is based on a true story.