You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

65° sounds wonderful to me! We're at 96° now, and heat wave expected to continue until tomorrow night. Thankful for all the trees in the yard . . . we're surrounded by some 10 or 12 oak trees all leafed out! They can't cool the upstairs, but downstairs is manageable, with a little help from our 12K btu wall air conditioner. I just wasn't built for the tropics!

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on June 29, 2018, 04:19:23 AM
Can't help but think of all our friends on the subcontinent and wonder how they manage in their weather. Aren't we coming up to monsoon season?

I have the same thoughts about people in Alaska or North Canada.
Already in the midst of monsoon, and it has rained some.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

143 this morning.

Hot here as well yesterday with more today. Can't say I mind one bit so long as there's not much humidity.

Monsoon season must be really something, SKB. I suppose it won't be long before you're inundated with rain. Controlling the humidity must be quite a chore!

Yesterday my infusion set failed. Beyond a sharp rise in glucose I've noticed that the meter will often show an increase in the amount of insulin left available in the pump as I'm guessing there's some back up of air and/or insulin in the tubing - just another small thing for you other pumpers to watch for...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

76 this morning.

I've had two nights in a row with very low meter and cgm readings.  It sure makes the next day management difficult.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  Well, I had some French fries last night with my hamburger so not unexpected.  We just hit 100° yesterday so not bad for here.  It's going to stay around 104-105° for the next few days.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on June 30, 2018, 04:15:02 AM
Monsoon season must be really something, SKB. I suppose it won't be long before you're inundated with rain. Controlling the humidity must be quite a chore!

Having seen 60 monsoons, I guess I'v adapted to the humidity.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

114 this morning.

Oh my, Grammabear, I know your dilemma well. The trick for me is finding ways to go to bed with glucose in a place I'll still be okay in the morning. Often (like this morning) I get up early just to head off what I know will be a low. Since I can't eat for two hours before bed it can be problematic.

This morning, even though 114 is reasonable, I know I'll be low before I can eat a bit of oatmeal and start it back up. If I use fruit juice or tabs, I'll pay later. Of course, since we've got all the Dexcom data sharing apps, it'd wake my wife with the low alarm, so today I've just temporarily turned the Follow apps off.

Speaking of egregious carbs, I spent yesterday afternoon making homemade brownies for my wife with peanuts, a peanut butter icing and topped with chocolate ganache. Heaven only knows how many carbs/calories in a single serving!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  Weather here looks pretty consistent with highs around 102-104° for the rest of the week but next weekend we are supposed to hit 114° so warmer is on the way.
Tamagno and Grammabear, I used to thing that a T-1 had it easy because you could eat anything and then cover it with insulin.  In fact someone I know has a doctor that told him just that and that is what he does.  Of course he doesn't bother testing.  It has been an enlightenment to learn that it just isn't so and you actually have a harder time maintaining a normal bg.  One of the things that makes a forum like this so interesting is learning how others are dealing with this disease.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

87 this morning.

The heat and humidity are brutal here.  Weather forecast for 'excessive heat warning' yesterday brought with it some storms last night.  I'm looking for cooler weather.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

Forgot to post yesterday...

100 this cloudy morning, 103 at bedtime last night. 96 yesterday morning.

Temp still in the 60's and had some rain overnight. I'm hoping this keeps up through the 4th. With all this tall grass...

Well the lawn person porch.com referred to me lives in Boise ID! Geesh and he really only does excavation... HomeAdvisor has no lawn people in my area... who knew this was going to be so hard???

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Are there any neighbors relatively nearby who could suggest yard help? We're rural too, but gosh! You'd think there'd be a few lawn contractors! 'Course as I mentioned earlier - our guy comes quite some distance - so maybe we just lucked out.

bigskygal

My next door neighbor has been very good about recommending workers, but he has been gone on vacation for a couple weeks. Hopefully he gets home soon.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

169 this morning.

Spot on, Wally, and it's a point I seem still to argue with my wife who would have me eat all manner of junk. Of course, I've seen countless type 2s who take their oral meds, eat everything, never test and...

I think maybe I should go back to bed, go to sleep and start over again today. So far, I'm being clumsy all over the place including letting my coffee boil over. Well, no room for anything but improvement today!

Really hot here as it was yesterday with highs over 100 which is unusual here. Beyond grilling something later, I doubt I'll be going out.

Grammabear

117 this morning.

We had a disaster in our kitchen yesterday.  I was roasting a chicken and decided to add a couple of baking potatoes for hubby.  So I poked both potatoes with a fork to let air escape and placed in the oven next to the chicken.  At the appropriate time I opened oven door to check on the chicken and lo and behold ! One of the potatoes had exploded ALL over the oven.  I was not a happy person to have that mess to clean up.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  It is already getting hot today with a temp of 80° at 5:30 AM heading for around 104° today.  This weekend we are supposed to see highs around 110-112°.
Tamagno, yeah, and I don't blame the people so much as I blame their doctors.  When I was first diagnosed I was given no information other than "Oh, by the way you also have diabetes" and I was given a prescription and told "stay away from sugar".  That was it.  Back then I didn't surf the internet and figured my doctor knew best.  The advice I have been given since then from several other doctors has been extremely poor.  It wasn't until I started digging for information on my own that I finally found advice that worked.
Grammabear, an exploding baked potato is the worst !  I only had it happen once in the microwave before I found out you had to poke them with a fork.  A real mess.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024