You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

I'm thinking the same as Wally . . . was this potato in the microwave? Can't imagine what else would have caused an explosion! And potato starch would be a royal MESS to clean up in a regular oven!

Shanny

I've gotten so I make several slits with a paring knife instead of using a fork. Haven't had any unexpected blasts lately . . .

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on July 02, 2018, 10:19:24 AM
I'm thinking the same as Wally . . . was this potato in the microwave? Can't imagine what else would have caused an explosion! And potato starch would be a royal MESS to clean up in a regular oven!

The offending potato was in the regular oven alongside the chicken I was roasting.  Never, ever had one explode after I had already poked it with a fork.  And you are SO right.  It is a royal mess cleaning up potato starch and had to wait until the oven cooled down before you could touch it.  Not a good day in the kitchen yesterday.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

92 this partly cloudy morning, 102 at bedtime last night.

Rain again overnight, though the weather service we are going to be hot... temps are quite pleasant. Yay!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

187 this morning.

Three doctor appointments today - too much!

Nothing seems to have improved yesterday and somehow by the afternoon bad pain in my lungs/bronchia inhibiting breathing and movement. Slept aggressively last night and am hoping to feel better today...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  Something is different here than at the other house.  I need to take a Benadryl every day here.  My allergies just won't let up.
Gosh Tamagno, feeling lousy and three doctors appointments make for a long day.  Hope you are feeling better.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

99 this morning.

Tamagno - That is too many Dr appts.  Hope you get good news.  Do you have pneumonia in your lungs?  Hope the Dr can help you.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

95 this partly cloudy morning, 104 at bedtime last night.

Drizzly afternoon, high was 64°F. Tomorrow is supposed to be 82°F hoping for colder and even some rain!!

Hope you feel better soon John. That is too many dr appts for one day!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

142 this morning.

Yesterday found me skipping my appointments and in the ER. Fortunately, some labs, an x-ray, CAT scan and several hours, my problem was traced to the mucus plugs in my lungs that'd caused so much trouble during surgery last winter.

Thankfully, the suspected embolii didn't turn up which is a great relief. Those mucus plugs are awful though, producing remarkable pain with every motion. The simple OTC drug Mucinex (expectorant only, which is just the herb guafenisin) has the desired effect of loosening mucus and making coughing much more productive with noticeable relief this morning.

I can't tell you how great it'll be to be back to my normal, dull routine today!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on July 04, 2018, 03:29:59 AM
Thankfully, the suspected embolii didn't turn up which is a great relief. Those mucus plugs are awful though, producing remarkable pain with every motion. The simple OTC drug Mucinex (expectorant only, which is just the herb guafenisin) has the desired effect of loosening mucus and making coughing much more productive with noticeable relief this morning.

That's good to hear. Get well soon.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

100 this morning.

John - There is something to be said for a dull and boring day.  I hope you continue to feel better now that you know what is troubling you. Take care.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  My internet has been down all morning and just came back on.  Since we moved here last August the cable has been very good but recently there have been outages more and more.  I suspect old equipment.
A very nice day today for the Fourth of July and then starting Friday high heat of 110° + through Monday.
Tamagno, well, glad you were able to find out what the cause was and hope it gets better soon.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

104 this partly cloudy morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

Wow John, so sorry to hear about everything. Hope you heal quickly and feel better.

Tamagno

154 this morning.

Many thanks all, I escaped that little scare well and am feeling much, much better. Who'd have imagined such a thing as mucus plugs? No idea how that comes about at all.

Looks like I'll be busy this morning with a visit to the dentist then some overdue grocery shopping. Truly amazing how much cream, butter and whipped cream I go through (well, all that dairy sure promotes mucus)! I'd intended to go yesterday, but decided the grocery would be nuts with the holiday.

Still hot and humid here with no relief in sight for a couple of days. For myself at least, I think it feels good.

Grammabear

96 this morning.

I woke yesterday with another UTI but since it was a holiday I cannot see the doctor.  So I will try to reach her today for some more antibiotics.  I am SO tired of this problem.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021