You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

103 this morning, 114 at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

131 this morning.

I generally aim for FBG under 150, but that's as much to do with managing basal rates and avoiding lows as much as possible. My diet lets me use little insulin, but glucose is still unpredictable enough I've not been able to settle on workable 24-hr. basal rates so I often change them throughout the day. Usually seems to work out with a1c running below 7 mostly.

Still seem really tired, but I've got to get myself moving and out to the grocery and doing some cooking today. It's those forays to the grocery that are formidable. I think one area store has Peapod or some such delivery service which I'm going to look into. I don't trust them to be much good with selecting produce or meats though, and will have to be more thorough catching sales if I try it.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Now, out of nowhere the weather guys are calling for a chance of thunderstorms tomorrow, Thursday and Friday.  That was not in the forecast yesterday !  The bad thing there is that up goes our humidity, not near as bad as many have to deal with but it makes the heat worse.
Tamagno, our local Walmart offers a free service so you can call in your order and it will be ready for you do drive up and it will be brought out to your car.  I can see it would be great for people that have a hard time getting around the store.  It does take a lot of walking to cover all of the aisles to get stuff. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

102 this morning.

Shopping is not something I really enjoy anymore either.  So many people are just plain rude and leave their carts in the middle of the aisle while they go looking for something elsewhere.  If only the produce and the ice cream (for hubby) departments were closer together.  Then we could shop those two departments instead of walking the whole frickin store.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

I always use one of the electric carts when we go shopping. Then I always drive our stuff to the car when we're finished, and DH drives the empty cart back to the store.

bigskygal

102 this morning, 114 again last night.

I really dislike having to go out at all...yeah, hermit here. Problem is one thing I would never allow someone else to select is my food. I want to see/compare the marbling on my rib eye steaks and how much fat is on the bacon. I am one that always checks expiration dates and I doubt these services do, they probably unload soon to expire food on people. As long as I am able to shop for myself, I will.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

153 this morning.

Wally, our Walmart isn't one that sells much food, so no drive-up, I'm afraid. One grocery does offer delivery, but at $30 a pop (plus not being able to see anything) that's not happening just yet. Well, I can still swing it mostly, and did it yesterday so I'll just stick with it for now.

We also had some major rain/thunder late yesterday which seems the final gasp of our recent heat and humidity. Should be better today.

At the urging of a friend, I've been looking around at various cruises as a way of vacationing. Many look pretty amazing, but without taking advantage of endless food, liquor, gambling, shows, etc., it's not really looking like my cup of tea. That said, if money were no object, some of the more exotic destinations might well be exciting.

Meanwhile, I'll content myself with a road trip this morning to get labs. To paraphrase Bilbo Baggins, once you set foot on the road, you never where it'll lead!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

87 this morning.

There was a nice break with our heat and humidity.  The reprieve from humidity ends today however as the 'uncomfortable' part starts again this afternoon.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  We are supposed to have a chance of thunderstorms today through Friday so humidity will be higher.  When it's 110° outside and the humidity is up the house won't get under about 80° so it gets a bit uncomfortable.  It's only supposed to last for a couple of days and then cool down and dry out a bit.
Tamagno, yeah, our old Walmart had only a small amount of food items but the new Super Walmart has ben open for about a year now and the grocery section is quite large and they really do have a good selection of everything.  The meat and produce are good and I think it has to really hurt the grocery stores in town but they are still  open for business.  I agree that as long as I am able to I prefer to do my own shopping but for someone that is not able the drive up is a good thing.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

We have a super-Walmart nearby as well, but I still shop other markets just because I don't wanna give all our money to Walmart!  :P   We're down here in the Missouri Ozarks - just a couple hundred miles from Bentonville Arkansas, where Walmart originated, and when I see the billions of dollars the Walmart heirs are worth, I have to wonder if there's such a thing as too much of a good thing . . .

I haven't heard any thunder, but it's a very gray & drizzly day out.

bigskygal

99 this morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

Tamagno

138 this morning.

I'd use a Super Walmart if we had one but I also use Aldis and a couple of groceries as well as BJs and Costco. Like most people, I'm always shopping for price mostly.

Just to add to your Walmart concerns, Shanny, I saw yesterday where they're planning on getting in the internet streaming business (if memory serves along with Microsoft) in an effort to compete with Amazon, et al.

A beautiful day here yesterday and I'm hoping for the same today. I'm anticipating a somewhat luxurious day home alone with no major chores in the offing.

Grammabear

78 this morning (after a low of 40 last night - then a rebound high of 210 later)  = most distressing.

We have a Woodmans, Super WalMart and a Aldis, all within 25 miles of each other.  I prefer Aldis, hubby prefers Woodmans, so we usually go to both but not on the same day.  I love Aldis meats as their prices are much better.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  A bit cooler yesterday but we had cloud cover all day and the humidity is up.  Looks like the same through the weekend then dryer and hotter.

I like Walmart and I could care less about how much money the heirs have, my shopping habits are not going to affect them one bit.  The only competition here for groceries is two supermarkets from large corporations and they are also huge.  No mom and pop stors round here.  The best thing about Walmart is that it is one stop shopping.  Used to have to go for groceries at one end of town and Walmart at the other end.  If we had other choices it may be different.

A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

98 this morning, 102 at bedtime last night.

I wish we had an Aldis here, Walmart and a Super Walmart are about 35 miles away (one way), a local  grocery store is it... That is it for living out in the boonies... I do order  a lot of things from Amazon and Netrition.com