You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

Grammabear, I don't know if you have tried it but often problems can be fixed by re-booting.  Just unplug the router and wait about a minute and plug it back in.  It will reboot and may fix the problem.  Not a guarantee but well worth trying.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

95 this morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

Wally is right Grammabear, try the reboot, if that doesn't fix things, then I would call my provider.

I had a netgear router which I liked, but they do eventually die over time. My service provider rents routers or sells them outright. I bought mine rather than pay a monthly fee, and they came out and set it up.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

138 this morning.

Ditto the reboot, Grammabear.

My own network is a bit, ahem, complex, so I like having my own equipment and doing my own set up. Most of the routers have become more use friendly over the years and I understand the newest even more so. In doing my basement clean outs recently, I found great quantities of old cables and bits of tech that used to be necessities for my computers, networks and auxiliary equipment. Really, it's all much more streamlined these days. The only times I run into real headaches are when trying to use Windows or Android, but I rarely have to.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

108 this morning after a low of 59 during the night - time for adjusting again I guess.

I got Netflix working for hubby on the television but I have to go through a lot of fiddling to make it work.  Maybe I will call the ISP today and ask them if they make house calls?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

100 this morning.  While retrograding potato works it only helps reduce the carbs you absorb.  Thus I got along OK with 1/2 of a baked potato but last night I tried a whole potato and ended up with an after meal high of 142, not going to repeat that.
It is going to warm up and starting tomorrow 110°+ for a few days.  Interesting, I was reading about the heat wave they were having in japan.  I don't remember the exact numbers but many dead form the heat and a few thousand in the hospital as temperature approached 104°.  Here we don't get a heat advisory until it gets to 110° or higher.  I guess it is all what you are used to. 
When I had satellite internet you had no choice but to use their modem but I used my own wireless router.  Here with cable you can use theirs at $10 per month or supply your own.  I opted to get my own so I had a choice and saved the monthly fee although it will take 2 years to recoup the cost. 
I have always been a Windows user partly because I was used to it from the start and I like to build my own computers and you can only have Apple software on Apple equipment.  If you like a plug and play system and can afford it I think Apple is probably the way to go.  Windows is on my desktop and my laptop but I use an iPhone and iPad and really like them much better than Android.   Once again I guess a lot of it depends on what you are used to.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

93 this morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

175 this morning.

I've both Apple computers/devices and Windows; getting everything running and syncing was tricky, but doable (mostly). Might as well try the cable tech, Grammabear, and see if they can get things all working again.

A weird day yesterday as I got out early to the grocery, came home and made some mayo. By 1:30 I was exhausted and fell asleep in my easy chair until 4:00. Wouldn't mind, but it meant getting myself woken up to water the dog and get dinner on the table which seemed disorienting.

No matter. I think I slept reasonably well last night and will see what today brings. This mid-day nap business seems to have become a habit, though, that I don't care for much...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

I stopped worrying about my afternoon naps, since I have all the hours of the day to catch up, and I no longer need to worry about getting up & going to work in the mornings. Finally, after all these years, dancing to my own tune, and not that of some employer!  `8)

rosyblue

I checked today an I was high  :(

184. Had some ice cream yesterday. I think that did me in.

Grammabear

118 this morning.

rosyblue - I must admit I succumb to the temptation of having ice cream once in a while also.  And while it tastes delicious, I never like to see the higher number afterwards.  :)

We're having a cool spell here which is most welcome.  The garden appreciates the rain we had overnight too although it wasn't nearly enough.

I sometimes fall asleep in my easy chair in late afternoon, after hubby has gone to work.  Then it is hard to get myself going again to make supper, do dishes and finish up house chores.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  We have a high heat warning for the next 4 days and then it cools down to only 108-107° so that doesn't deserve a warning.   ::)
Starting out this morning at 85° at 6:00 AM and heading to 111°.
Rosyblue, yeah, you have to decide if you want to avoid the complications of high blood sugar or not.  What you eat is everything and unfortunately it means that some things are off the menu.  There are alternatives to the treats you have been used to and a lot of low carb things can be made.  Do a search for low carb recipes and you will come up with tons of ideas.
I sleep pretty well at night and rarely nap during the day but if I do I figure I needed it and don't worry about it.  I used to feel guilty taking a nap during the day but not anymore.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Shanny

This article designates particularly high-carb foods, and these are the ones you want to avoid. Carbs send your blood sugar sky high, and that is very unhealthy.

https://www.verywellfit.com/which-foods-are-high-in-carbohydrates-2241949

And this link explains why: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperglycemia

Chronic hyperglycemia at above normal levels can produce a very wide variety of serious complications over a period of years, including kidney damage, neurological damage, cardiovascular damage, damage to the retina or damage to feet and legs. Diabetic neuropathy may be a result of long-term hyperglycemia.

bigskygal

99 this morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

I don't nap during the day, but I often fall asleep in the evening in the recliner and miss some TV I was planning to watch...

rosyblue, please try to take time to read through Blood Sugar 101. It will help you make better food choices. Foods high in carbs and sugar are terrible for diabetics. My late husband went blind and had a leg amputated because he would not make the right food choices. By altering our diet, we can control all the horrible things diabetes can do to our bodies.

Tamagno

208 this morning (missed a bolus last night).

I don't feel guilty about napping, but hate trying to wake up again and don't generally want coffee before dinner. Did it again yesterday but only an hour or so.

Anyway, I slept a bit later this morning so perhaps it'll be better. Got to go up to get a CAT scan this afternoon and will have to fast from 11:30 until after. Puts something of a cramp in my eating schedule, but won't be bad.

Rosyblue, I'm sure we've all gone through this diet change business which seems so hard at first but you'll quickly adjust and sort out just what you can and can't eat. You'll be doing great once you've got the hang of it. By the way, a great many of those "diabetic" diet/recipe books and articles are just awful and to be avoided. The ones members here post are the best ones and will help limit carbs.

Grammabear

80 this morning.

I don't often look in the 'discontinued - damaged' bin at our local grocery, but last week I did.  I found a crumpled box of Kcups and since the price was right I bought one box.  Wow!  This brand is so tasty I wish I had bought a few more of the crumpled boxes.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021