You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  Didn't get to sleep until late last night.  It was just a bit too warm to be comfortable.  The cooler couldn't get it below 80° until about midnight.  It got to 110° and was still 101° at 9PM.  Heading to 112° today and probably stay there for the next 4 days but not much cooler after that, maybe 108-107°.  August is normally our hottest month.  High heat also in the Los Angeles area with some heat related deaths there. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

87 this morning, 95 at bedtime last night.

For some reason I have lost my satellite twice this week. Not a cloud in the sky nothing in the way of the dish. Annoying to have to go through the reboot... if it happens again, I'm calling Dish.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

92 this morning.

I'm not sure what K-Cups are, Grammabear; sounds like those coffee pods but that doesn't seem right. I always check that shelf of discontinued items at our little local grocery as it sells a lot of specialty and gourmet things. Some interesting finds there.

Steady rain here all night and most of yesterday. Actually looks like it may last until Sunday.

It's starting to look like at least some of my fatigue may be diet related somehow as it's happening every day about two hours after lunch. Goodness, I even managed a cat nap at that hour in the CAT scan waiting room yesterday. The only thing different in my diet is a handful of peanuts, cashews and almonds with lunch. Can't imagine I'm suddenly allergic to them or something but I'll have to watch it.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  Sometimes I have to laugh a bit.  There is a heat advisory from yesterday to 9PM Friday.  Today and tomorrow it is supposed to be 112° but Saturday it is supposed to be 111° so 112° triggers a warning but 111°, don't worry about it !
Wildfires are again a problem.  I fire on the edge of Yosemite National Park has caused the park to be closed for the first time in several decades.  Another fire near the town of Idyllwild has destroyed 5 homes and many others and the town are in danger.  For this one they have arrested a man for starting it.  It is 4700 acres since noon yesterday and only 5% contained. 
I would never own a single cup coffee maker because my one "cup" of coffee is a mug that holds 4 cups and my BIL has about 8 cups in the morning so we use a 14 cup coffee maker.  I guess they are OK for someone that just wants one cup at a time.  I also have never liked flavored coffee and I would worry about what is added to those but maybe it is not a problem.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

85 this morning.

My coffee machine is a Keurig machine and was a Anniversary gift from my sister-in-law.  My husband does not care for coffee, but instead enjoys tea.  While I love coffee I usually never have more than 2-3 cups but normally it is only one cup.  My nephrologist suggested cutting back on caffeine because of my creatinine levels.  It seems to have helped.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Yeah, in that case it makes a lot of sense to use a one cup machine.  My SIL also has a  Keurig for the same reason.  I'm not knocking it, it just doesn't work for me.
I was just talking to a friend that lives in Bullhead Arizona and it was 125° there yesterday.  Not unusual for there but it sure is hot.  We are only about a 2 hour drive from Death Valley where the highest temperature recorded on Earth was at 134° (56.67°C) so I guess I can be happy it is "only" going to be 111° today.   ~hot~
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

Wally - while watching the Evening news there was a story about the wildfires in California.  Please do stay safe.  I feel really sorry for the folks that have lost their homes.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Yeah Grammabear, it's a fact of life in the West that fires this time of year are going to happen.  The one burning in Idyllwild has now forced 3200 people to evacuate, sad.  I am living in town now and not up in the mountains and that is something I don't miss.  We had several close calls in the 25 years I lived there but never had to leave.  Thanks for your thoughts.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

113 this warm morning, 102 at bedtime last night.

Yes Wally, I saw on TV about the fires there. I'm just holding my breath here for fire season to begin... I still haven't found anyone to cut my jungle and that is beginning to really worry me.

I'm wondering if my wall mount ac is what is causing the problem oith my dish...maybe something electrical... It went out early this evening and when I turned off the ac it came back on.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

161 this morning.

That heat sounds like something, Wally. Sure glad you're somewhere safer at this point!

The Keurigs have become very popular, but I find them too little and too weak (not to mention expensive).

Second morning I've caught a mouse. Seems an odd time for them to be in the basement, but I guess I'll keeping an eye on my traps again.

Got a call from my oncologist's office regarding my CAT scan Wednesday that's turned up something new in one lung. They've moved up my appointment and I figure I'll try to put it out of mind until then; I'm thinking it's likely just the mucus plugs again.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

97 this morning.

Tamagno - Out of curiosity, what is the 'duration of insulin' set for with your pump?  Since I got mine in 2015 the DIA has been 3-1/2 hrs and the frequency of tail end insulin hypos has been increasing.  I changed it to 4 hrs yesterday to see if that provides any relief.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  Yeah, hot is normal here in the summer but they are getting triple digit temps in the Los Angeles area and they are not used to that.  Wild Fires are a real problem right now.  The fire next to Yosemite has not crossed into the park but it is closed due to the smoke and for safety.  A fire near Redding and Shasta is just raging and no end in sight.
Barbara, strange that the AC would interfere with the Dish but with electronics anything is possible.  When we had Dish at the other house the box would freeze up once in a while and nothing would work.  Had to unplug it and then plug it back in to reboot it and then it was OK.
Tamagno, hope you are right and it is just a mucus plug.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

104 this morning, and 104 at bedtime last night.

Yeah Wally, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me either, but since I haven't turned it on, I haven't had a problem. Had a thunderstorm w/hail roll through this afternoon and had a bit of pixelation, but no loss of signal...tis a mystery to me.

Hope all is well John!

Tamagno

203 this morning.

Grammabear, I'm not familiar with that bolus duration setting and went looking for it, but I see no such option. I thought it was just a matter of the insulin itself, which is generally about four hours for fast acting.

Had to buy a new iPad yesterday as my old one suddenly went totally haywire and none of the usual fixes did a thing. An extra expense, but I use mine constantly and can't complain considering how many "miles" I log on the things. I got the new one which was up and running with all my apps and settings in no time.

Caught another mouse last night...

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Weather remains pretty consistent, excessive heat warnings every day, like we didn't already know about it.  `8)
Tamagno, I had to by a new iPad last year not long after moving here because the new "pound puppy" I brought home got a hold of it and damaged the screen.  I did sell it on Ebay for parts and got $150 for it.
Barbara, often there seems to be no logical reason for electronics to act the way they do.   ???
But, if your Dish problem quits when you turn the AC off that pretty much pins it down.  Not fun if you have to sweat while watching TV.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024