You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

129 this morning.

Tamagno - It is likely that your Endo set your duration or maybe the Tandem pump trainer set the duration at 4 hrs.  When I got the Tandem pump the trainer set my duration at 3-1/2 hrs which was new to me.  My Medtronic pump had a duration of 4 hrs.  Now, after all these months, I am continuing to have trouble with hypos, so an online friend suggested a trial of changing the insulin duration back to 4 hrs.  I shall see if that works.

Barbara - If it is any consolation to you, we've been having issues with our satellite also.  Sometimes the pixel gets wavery, sometimes the reception goes out and sometimes it goes off for several hours.  When I called the ISP, they always give me the excuse that the "tower" must be having trouble.

My hubby has traps for 'varmints' in the garden and traps on the front porch where he keeps Christmas cacti plants.  He keeps a tally every morning after he checks his traps.  It doesn't take much space for a mouse to get into the house.  I would much prefer them critters to stay outside.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

104 this morning, 104 at bedtime last night too. I seem to be stuck in some sort of rut...

It is a mystery, but with no ac, I have no Dish problems.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on July 28, 2018, 07:59:15 PM
It is a mystery, but with no ac, I have no Dish problems.

Sounds like an electrical wiring malfunction. The AC is interfering with your set top box.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

Could be, they are both plugged in on the same wall of the house.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

If you could move the set top box to another source of power, it may solve the problem. However, do get an electrician to have a look as it could be a short circuit or earthing problem.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

160 this morning.

I'm with SKB, BigSkyGal, and think that's something to have an electrician check. Could be the result of that tree damage you had a while back?

Grammabear, I'd be surprised if my pump trainer set the bolus duration, but now I'd really like to find it; can't be all that obscure. I wouldn't mind at all trying it shorter if possible.

Well, I had pork chops marinading in a nice wine sauce and everything ready to grill last evening when major thunder storms and lightning came up; not at all expected. Today promises the only day of the week without rain, so I'll grill tonight.

Yesterday before I got it out of the house, I actually saw another mouse nosing around my sprung mouse trap. A brazen little critter, for sure and I'll find out shortly if I've caught it.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  The wild fire in Redding looks to be the worst.  As of this morning 530 homes gone and several dead.  One fire fighter and one bulldozer operator among the dead.  They are dealing with winds up to 70 MPH.
My internet went out last night and was still out this morning so I blamed the cable company but decided to reboot the router and it is all good now. 
Yeah Barbara, it could be a good idea to have it checked out.  Moving the box to another circuit may solve that problem.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

129 this morning and I'm pretty sure that number came from my indiscretion of fresh strawberries on a side of ice cream.

Whilst typing my entry this morning my pc went absolutely dead as well as every other electrical device in the house.  Since we're an 'all-electric' house we ended up sitting here for hours until the power company restore power due to THEIR scheduled maintenance.  :(

We have very gutsy mice here.  Yesterday I watched one approach the front porch steps along the sidewalk and then disappear under the peony bush.  So hubby put out "lunch" for the mouse on a trap and caught it sometime last night.  He will put out lunch again today and will likely catch another rodent of some type.  Yuk..
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

97 this morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

My house definitely has some wiring problems. It is a double wide so there may have been problems when the 2 halves were joined. I found a great electrician a couple of years ago, I have to dig through my receipts and give him a call.

Shanny

I hope you find him easily . . . I'm always a little freaky about wiring cuz I worry about a fire. We've finally gotten our old barn about up to speed after all these years, so I sleep better at night!  ;D 

It's over 100 years old & sat vacant for several years before the previous owner decided to build it up instead of tearing it down. In fact, he tried to tear it down & realized how well-built it was, so changed his mind & rebuilt it!

Tamagno

156 this morning.

Possibly the best "remodel" story I've heard Shanny; that's one I'll be talking about.

To me, the two biggest and most regular problems with houses are electrical and plumbing. Neither are things I much like doing myself and neither is usually great for do-it yourselfers. Also, neither is best ignored.

Yesterday, a guy told me about a house in Florida he'd lived in for years with an extra bathroom he never used. After he'd sold it, apparently the new owners had the floor collapse as the plumbing had never been connected to any drain pipes...

Wally, for years it seemed I was having to regularly reboot my internet router after any power outage but somehow the last few years it seems never to happen and successfully resets on its own. No idea why as there's been no change in my equipment.

No mice in my trap this morning...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  The temp is coming down just a bit, 109° yesterday and it is supposed to be 107° today.  Best part is the humidity is lower.  It is amazing how much difference there is between 25% and 15% humidity as to how well the cooler works.  I know 25% is still low compared to how high it gets elsewhere but it really affects the efficiency of the cooler.
Wildfires still in the front of the news here.  Two more firefighters were killed on Sunday in the fire near Yosemite and two more people who were supposed to evacuate and didn't.  Right now there are 17 wildfires in the state of California.
Tamagno, I have not had to reboot this router but only once or twice before and this time it was a kind of "why not" thing but it worked.  I hope it doesn't become a regular thing.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

122 this morning.

Our temperature here in the midwest is down to 66 deg with 85% humidity.  For us that almost seems cold after the terrific heat plus humidity earlier this month.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Well we're down to 67° here this morning, but the humidity is still 99%. If it's going to freakin' rain, I wish it would get on with it!

bigskygal

99 this morning, 106 at bedtime last night.

Posted yesterday's numbers in the exercise thread by mistake. They were for 7/29 97 fasting and 100 at bedtime the night before.