You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on July 30, 2018, 09:39:52 AM
Two more firefighters were killed on Sunday in the fire near Yosemite and two more people who were supposed to evacuate and didn't.  Right now there are 17 wildfires in the state of California.

Saw that on CNN & BBC yesterday. One expert guest mentioned that these fires are starting much earlier now and are far more widespread than before. Yet some leaders do not believe that Climate Change is for real.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Tamagno

172 this morning.

Dealing with those fires must be terrible, Wally. Hopefully, you all won't have the awful losses and damage...

Not bad weather wise here, but with rain most all week. Time to start planning firewood delivery so it's in and stacked early. Hate to think about it already, but best to have it all set.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

Yeah, we gotta start thinking about it too. Our cold weather will not be far behind yours, John.

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on July 30, 2018, 10:58:53 PM
Quote from: walkerwally1 on July 30, 2018, 09:39:52 AM
Two more firefighters were killed on Sunday in the fire near Yosemite and two more people who were supposed to evacuate and didn't.  Right now there are 17 wildfires in the state of California.

Saw that on CNN & BBC yesterday. One expert guest mentioned that these fires are starting much earlier now and are far more widespread than before. Yet some leaders do not believe that Climate Change is for real.

Yeah, the current Party in control doesn't want to recognize that Climate Change exists and believes that if they deny it they don't have to do anything to mitigate the damage.  It all revolves around business interest and not wanting to cut into profits. 

"The regional temperatures in the western U.S. have increased by 2 degrees since the 1970s," said Jennifer Balch, director of Earth Lab at the University of Colorado, Boulder. "You're seeing the effect of climate change."
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  I know reporting the weather and predicting what it is going to do is a challenge but geeze, can't they get it right at least some of the time ?  I know I am being picky but every day the forecast changes.  They seem to have a hard time predicting tomorrow and then are bold enough to put up a ten day forecast ! (end of rant)  ::)
Fortunately the fires are a good distance from here but we have had some smoke here but not too bad.  Damage in the path of these fires is horrible.  The worst is the fire near Redding, CA.  The last I heard over 700 homes destroyed.     
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

134 this morning - time to adjust the basal insulin again.

While watching the evening news last night, they had pictures of the fallen firefighters.  So sad to think a wildfire had to happen and worse yet it claimed human lives and so many homes.  It must be hard for those folks to start all over again.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 98 here this cloudy morning too. 100 at bedtime last night.

It has been cloudy all day but no rain.  Wish it would rain, just rain, no lightning. There are several fires burning here too but none close to me.Hope it stays that way.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Shanny on July 31, 2018, 01:21:52 AM
SMDH . . .

I had to take google help to figure that one out. Hope I got it right.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

;D ;D ;D  (shaking my dαmn head)

Tamagno

162 this morning.

Agreed about the weather forecasts, Wally; and yet, were to take their 30-year predictions seriously?

My Fitbit steadfastly refuses to pair with Bluetooth despite all best efforts and suggested fixes. Going to have to call tech support...

The thought of all those fires is appalling and something nearly unimaginable. Surely there must be some way for at risk areas to do something at least in the short term to help ameliorate this now annual disaster...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

94 this morning.  I do kind of get a kick out of following the weather predictions.  We are supposed to have a 20% chance of rain and partly cloudy today and tomorrow but yesterday it was predicted to be clear and no rain chance for today.  I know, things change but at least they have been pretty good about the temperature predictions. 
Tamagno, wildfires have always been a known hazard in the West but more homes are being built in wooded areas and the climate is indeed a problem.  It has become a situation where the vegetation is so dry it is ready to explode and when the wind is high these fires move so fast it is impossible to stop.  I am glad I have moved from the mountain down to town for that reason.  A huge portion of the trees by our old house are dead.  The drought stresses them and then the Bark Beetle kills them. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

walkerwally1

Quote from: Tamagno on August 01, 2018, 04:25:24 AM

My Fitbit steadfastly refuses to pair with Bluetooth despite all best efforts and suggested fixes. Going to have to call tech support...

I never had that problem but I did have one of my Fitbits stop working.  The customer support was very helpful and even though it was out of warranty they replaced it.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

94 this morning.

My Fitbit 'One' has been around for a very long time and of course they no longer make it.  If and when I have to replace it, I will end up spending a whole lot more money than the Fitbit One cost.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

90 this morning, 92 at bedtime last night.

Wally, smoke from the fires out West is blowing into the valleys here. More into Idaho than here, but the sky is smoke colored and I think it keeping the temp down a bit.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.