You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: Shanny on August 01, 2018, 12:25:54 AM
;D ;D ;D  (shaking my dαmn head)

Yes, Google agrees with you.  :P
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

163 this morning.

As usual, Wally, you're a great font of information; your Fitbit story causes me to be more willing to phone them (spent more time fiddling yesterday) and will try today. My Alta HR is only about a year old and not only won't pair, but also won't hold a charge.

I bought a can of that new Reese's Peanut Butter whipped cream that's out (I like whipped cream in my coffee and smoothies). Trying it this morning, but can't seem to taste much but a bit of chocolate from it, sadly; I had higher hopes.

No chance of fires here! Rain pretty much all day yesterday with it continuing all through Saturday. It felt odd, as from indoors, it looked like a cloudy, cold and blustery late fall day, but was actually hot and very humid.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  Another day of a chance of thunderstorms, only a 20% chance, and higher humidity and then it is supposed to get dryer.  Temps are going to stat around the same.  I saw that Death Valley has had the highest recorded month for temperature in July, beat their own record.  The town I am in is the Southern gateway to Death Valley and the highway that runs through town leads to the Southern entrance.  It is about a 2 hour drive from here.  I have been there a few times but NEVER in the Summer.  I get enough high heat right here.  Tourist flock there in the summer to "experience the extreme heat".  They want to go home and brag about how bold they were.  Sometimes they die !

Tamagno, I hope you have as good of an experience with Fitbit as I did.  The person I talked to was very helpful and walked me through attempts to reset the device and then when it would not work sent me a new one. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

159 this morning and I have no clue where this came from.  Not a happy camper.

Our stretch of nice and pleasant weather will come to an end tomorrow.  We've enjoyed moderate weather and with being able to have the windows open it gives us fresh air into the house.  Tomorrow it is forecast to be in the 90s so we will close the windows and turn on the air conditioner again.  Our electric bill is already too high.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

103 this morning, 104 at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

160 this morning.

Wally, I did call Fitbit yesterday and had a similar experience. Unfortunately, I was on the phone so long with the rep, that I had to end the call before getting to the point of replacing it, but did get a couple of bits worth trying before I call again.

I woke this morning at an awkward time and really too early, but can always nap later if need be. I've no big plans for the day in any event.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

92 this morning.

Foggy here, heat and humidity are moving in today.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  I wouldn't be honest if I said I didn't know where that came from because I know it came from dinner.  Even though I have low carb buns I still see a bit of a rise in my bg from them.  They claim zero carbs because it is all fiber but I still see a rise from them.  Not near as high as if it was a regular bun though.  I know we had a discussion on the other forum about total carbs and fiber but I have always had a tendency to count total carbs because subtracting fiber doesn't seem to work for me.

Tamagno, glad you were able to at least make contact and I hope you are able to get it resolved.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 102 here too this morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

Stomach is a little iffy, has been the past few days. Hope I am not getting sick...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

172 this morning.

Wally, I expect most of us have danced through a lot of net carb, fiber carb and you name it schemes. I still just have to know total carbs regardless.

Still no luck with my Fitbit, unfortunately. Oh well, another long tech call to try and replace it. According to the last tech, there's a 50-50 chance it won't pair with Apple's latest iOS upgrade.

Still very humid and hot here with thunder storms and rain. Haven't been able to grill or sit outside all week and today looks much the same.

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  One thing about the weather here right now is that it is very consistent.  Hot, but that is normal and dry and that is good.  Smoke is hiding the mountains but the breeze is keeping it out of the valley, for now at least. 
Tamagno, that is interesting.  I have an Alta HR also and it paired with the latest update with no problem.  I guess I got lucky.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

110 this morning.

Hot and very humid here but still have to mow the lawn today.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Right now - midmorning - we're at 83° and 55% humidity outside. Very comfortable! But it's headed for the mid-90s, and I'm tempted to go back to bed & sleep through all that heat. I haven't turned on the a/c yet, but I will soon because I don't want to get behind. If it gets too hot in here too soon, we can never get caught up again.

walkerwally1

I would enjoy mid 90's but not at 55% humidity.  Right now here it is 104° but humidity is 10%.  Still, it is much nicer inside.   :)
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Shanny

We enjoyed climate like that during our Colorado years, but Missouri - and especially southern Missouri - can be very humid. It's beautiful with all the vegetation, but often uncomfortable. And today for some reason, we have an outbreak of fruit flies which are driving me crazy. Our pest control guy was out just last week & sprayed both inside & out, so I don't know where these are coming from. We may have to call him to come back!