You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

87 this morning, 94 at bedtime last night.

Still no luck on the yard work front. Temp low 80's, humidity 19% so not too bad. Got my shades and windows open/closed down to keep the house cool w/out ac.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

95 this morning.

BigSkyGal, we've a bunch of guys in a residential detox/rehab program affiliated with our church who are willing and able to come out and help with chores. I haven't used them yet, but a friend has on numerous occasions with great success. They work on the cheap and are reliable so I'm going to use them for wood stacking this year. If you've access to something similar, maybe it'd help.

Wally, I'm suspecting my Alta HR is itself defective. I finally just took it off until I get them to replace it.

Looks like our first whole day without rain in a week. Our currently very accurate forecast is for very hot but I can't say I mind.

Still having problems with fatigue and nausea, but since it's only a few hours a day it's managable. I'll see the doc tomorrow to find out more.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Weather, same today as yesterday, same tomorrow as today, etc.  The only difference is that yesterday afternoon it got quite smoky but not bad enough to need to stay inside.  Fires continue to be a major problem.
Tamagno, yeah, I think when they die they are dead.  My problem was with a Charge 2 Fitbit.  It would not charge and they had me go through a series of steps to try and wake it up but all failed.  That is when they replaced it.  Hope you get it resolved.  Also hope you get to the bottom of feeling lousy and feel better soon.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

135 this morning due to me not changing my infusion site on schedule.

I had no success in getting Fitbit to replace my device so I bought a replacement that was listed on eBay.  It was 'pre-owned' and was actually cheap.  It has worked for 3 years so far.  I was lucky.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

87 again this morning, 95 at bedtime last night.

Thanks for the idea Tomagno, I am just a little uneasy bringing "troubled" people here as I live alone and don't think I would feel safe in that situation. Yes, they are getting help/rehab, but how many relapse?

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

106 this morning.

Great question, BigSkyGal. Actually, the stats for relapse in regular rehab are dismal, but those in residential religious rehab have over an 80% success rate with this particular one yet higher. I expect you could easily research any individual place before you contacted them.

Anyway, I'm up early again with low glucose alerts but will nap later. I'll be headed for the oncologist this morning where I'm expecting the usual warnings about gaining weight. Don't think anything else is a problem.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

89 this morning.

Hopefully I will get an appointment with my dentist as over the weekend I broke part of a molar tooth off at the gum line.  Doesn't hurt too much - yet.  Feels like the whole tooth is gone and I hope there is enough left for a crown.  I wasn't even eating but instead brushing my teeth after a breakfast of scrambled eggs - no sausage or bacon.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  We were 68° at 6:00AM and that is the lowest for quite a while.  It is headed to 108° later today though. 
Hope you find someone soon Barbara.  Even though we lived about 30 miles from town we were always able to find someone willing to travel to help with yard work or clean up but we only needed it a couple of times a year.  Here in town our next door neighbor in a landscaper so no problem here. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

97 this morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

I don't understand why finding help this year is so hard. You'd think people would welcome the work...

rosyblue

I've learnt my lesson and stopped the night time treats.

Checked today and I was 134. Maybe high for the folks here but it's good enough for me.

Tamagno

168 this morning.

I know I'd take that number, Rosyblue! Keeping up your diet changes and I expect you'll do yet better.

The great news yesterday is the report from the oncologist is no cancer recurrence. The bad news is I've lost yet more weight so they're starting to check thyroid, etc. Yet more talk of putting the feeding back in, which is something I hated so am hoping to avoid. The doc also gave me something for nausea, but my fatigue gets put on low weight and/or depression (can't say I feel depressed).

Well, if it comes to it, I guess I can find a way to have bragging rights over having weight-gain surgery...

Grammabear

92 this morning.

We are getting company today as our youngest son is coming for a visit.  We will likely make our annual trip to the county Fair.  It has been a tradition to walk around seeing the various animals, tractors and exhibits.  Then we top it all off with a ice cream cone from the Grange Hall exhibit.  It is hard ice cream, not that fluffed up with air stuff called soft serve.  Lots of walking and doing a bolus ahead of time should be ok for me, time will tell I guess.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  A bit warmer this morning at 74° at 6:00 AM but still quite nice for walking around outside.  Expecting to see around 108° for a high today.   Wildfires continue, mostly in Northern California but a new one broke out yesterday at the border of Orange and Riverside Counties South of here. 
Rosyblue, there are lots of sugar free and low carb things you can use to replace treats you have been used to.  Some nuts like Almonds and Walnuts are good as an example. 
Tamagno, good news about the Cancer.  I don't know what to do about the weight loss.  I usually have the opposite problem and the only things I can think of involve more carbs. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

Snap Grammabear! 92 here this morning too! 110 at bedtime last night.

Tamagno, great news on the no cancer report!! About the weight, I don't know...I know you probably don't want to increase carbs, but how about more fats?

rosyblue, if you have snacks you are really attached to, try googling that snack "xxx" low carb and you may get some good alternates.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on August 07, 2018, 09:58:09 AM
Tamagno, good news about the Cancer.  I don't know what to do about the weight loss.  I usually have the opposite problem and the only things I can think of involve more carbs.

Same here. I can't suggest anything but carbs for weight gain. And very happy about your good news.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH