You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

168 this morning.

Nothing like food at a good state fair, Grammabear! Not only the ice cream, but all the other stuff as well. You're right, this once you can just bolus...

Thanks all; I've been adding carbs, calories and fats as much as I can, though admittedly, I often think some carb-laden treat or other would be good and a couple of bites in find it awful. Heavens, yesterday I came close even to trying a Whopper with cheese and chocolate 'shake. (Actually, now I think of it there's a new Five Guys in town I may try instead.)
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

107 this morning.  I had some French fries with my burger last night so no surprise.   ::)
Monday's low was a bit of a fluke, back to normal with a temp of 78° at 6:00AM and heading to 108 today.  We are at the point now when, after days of temps over 100°, our water mains, which run under the street, have heated up to the point that the water coming out of the tap is warm.  No need to turn any hot water on in the shower and if you want a cool glass of water it has to come out of the refrigerator. 
This reminds me that it has been a year since we moved here, August 5, and it was the same then.  My how time flies! 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

71 this morning.

Sometimes I wish diabetes were easier to control.  I've been having lows for no reason at all.  I adjust my pump settings and it is still too much insulin.  Grrr.........
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

96 this morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

rosyblue

127 today. Yoo Hoo.

I've been behaving pretty well.

Tamagno

203 this morning.

Not quite sure why I'm this high this morning, but there could be a kink the cannula of my insert set.

Grammabear, I'm noticing differences in glucose with nearly every change of insert, depending on the site. If it's a good insert, I need little insulin, if not, more. It can get tricky managing basal rates.

Speaking of CGMs, I had two bad sensors yesterday. The first failed during warm up and the second the cannula was already ejected when I opened it. Guess I'm calling Dexcom later...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

114 this morning after a low of 59 last night. 

Tamagno - I also have noticed the change in 'site' selections in relationship to insulin needed.  It can be most aggravating.  Sorry about your sensors, that has happened to me maybe twice in the past year.  I have no idea why, maybe a mfg defect at the factory.  Most of my remaining sensors have been excellent.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  Weather here is pretty much stuck in a rut, same today as yesterday and same tomorrow.  That's OK, no surprises and yesterday there was no smoke so that was a good thing.  They have arrested a man that has been accused of starting the latest fire South of Los Angeles.  He apparently did it for revenge against his neighbors! 
Tamagno, it would seem that using insulin and having a pump it would be easy to maintain a normal bg.  Obviously that is not so.  I never realized what problems you guys had to deal with.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on August 09, 2018, 09:58:54 AM
Tamagno, it would seem that using insulin and having a pump it would be easy to maintain a normal bg.  Obviously that is not so.  I never realized what problems you guys had to deal with.

That is so true Wally.
My first forum had a large T1 population and some of them were very knowledgable. I learnt from all the posts there, of all the troubles that T1s go through. The 2nd forum from where we all came had a larger T2 number.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

93 this smoky morning, 105 at bedtime last night.

No fires near me, the smoke is coming in from the West. It did help keep the temp down a bit though.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

136 this morning.

I somehow slept quite a bit later this morning which has boluxed up my morning schedule somewhat. Must've needed it though and maybe there'll be less fatigue today.

The t1 tech is great and very much an improvement over  MDIs, but needs pretty much daily maintenance chores of some sort. It sometimes seems a full-time job just keeping up at times.

Hot, humid weather continues today so likely I'm sticking close to home. Fortunately, I've no major chores, shopping or cooking today, so a good day to take it easy, I think.

Grammabear

117 this morning.

We went to the County Fair yesterday and it was packed with people.  The weather was especially hot and humid.  Enjoyed seeing the animals and the Home Economic displays.  We ate at the "Grange Hall" tent which was delicious.  My blood sugar wasn't so good as I think the heat affected my insulin in the pump.  Much better today.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Fires still dominate the news here.  The fire South of Los Angeles called the Holy Fire is only 5% contained and growing rapidly.  This is the one started by a man intentionally.  Several homes burned and a lot in danger.
I got my shopping done yesterday so today is pretty much a stay home and inside day.
The Fair locally is sometime in September and it is pretty small.  Larger County Fair is also in September but it is a 75 mile drive so I usually don't go.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

86 this morning, 95 at bedtime last night.

Tamagno

153 this morning. (I did two finger sticks as the first read 203 while my CGM reading was 143; glad I double checked!)

Grammabear, I love those big fairs but haven't been in years. Sounds like you did well with glucose despite all the temptations. Among other things, I'd think all the walking and standing would be daunting.

Somehow, I got it in my head that buying an Alexa device would be a good idea yesterday. Fortunately, I wound up napping much of the day before I had a chance to make the purchase. Heavens, I don't even use Siri and fortunately am still able to operate light switches, thermostats and garage door openers. Can't for the life of me imagine why I thought it'd be a good idea...