You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Remember to use our Amazon link, whenever you do that.  :D
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  It looks like it may cool down a bit but still not under 100° yet.  Over 20,000 people evacuated from the Holy Fire in Riverside County SE of Los Angeles.  Still only 10% contained. 
Tamagno, I don't use Siri either and those "smart speakers" hold no interest for me.  Like you said, I can still turn off a light switch myself.   ::)
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

97 last night before bed and 102 this morning.

Last evening my younger son fixed "liver and onion" for us which is something we haven't had in a good many years.  Blood sugar stayed stable all evening which is a surprise.

Tamagno - There was indeed a lot of walking and the weather was super hot and humid.  It was Senior Citizens Day and seniors got free admission.  There were many people using those motorized carts and seemingly enjoying themselves. 

I think having an Alexa would be just another thing to have to charge up every day, but I guess it must be fun for those people who use them.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

I always use the motorized carts when we go shopping. I could still walk it if I have to, but the cart saves me from being exhausted when we're through. May as well make it easy on myself . . . at this ripe old age, I've earned it!  ;D ;D

And liver & onions is one of our favorite meals! I'd better put it on the list, because we haven't had it for awhile.

Shanny

Quote from: skb on August 11, 2018, 09:53:45 AM
Remember to use our Amazon link, whenever you do that.  :D
Just swap out your old Amazon link & replace it with our DP Amazon link. That's what I've done, and now I don't have to think about it . . . I know all my Amazon business is credited to DP.

bigskygal

98 this morning, 111 at bedtime last night.

OK, putting on my tinfoil hat...I would never use Alexa/Google whatever. It seems to me that they can gather all sorts of info on what I am doing/watching/buying that I would not want out there for general consumption. Taking off tinfoil hat now...  ;D

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

136 this morning.

Thanks for your suggestion, Shanny, I'll do that.

Glad you brought up liver and onions, Grammabear! Haven't had that since I last was in the south back in the 70s and have been thinking of trying some lately. It's not a store staple up here so it'll likely take some looking just to find calves liver.

I've stopped reading all but one tech blog as I think they contribute to my wanting more stuff I don't need. Think I'll switch to travel blogs...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Shanny on August 11, 2018, 11:08:55 AM
Just swap out your old Amazon link & replace it with our DP Amazon link. That's what I've done, and now I don't have to think about it . . . I know all my Amazon business is credited to DP.

That was a great idea Shanny. I passed it on to some of my family & friends in the US for their shopping requirements. Maybe, all the members can also do the same. If required, here is the link. It can be bookmarked by the buyer and then it can be used every time.

https://www.amazon.com/?tag=diabeticpub-20&linkCode=ur1
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

94 this morning.  I've been having a lot of highs/lows lately.  I don't think it is due to what I am eating but instead related to the really hot weather.  Just not sure sometimes how much 'hypo' remedy to take anymore.

Shanny - those motorized carts look complicated and intimidating to me.  I am tempted to use them IF I knew how they operated.

Tamagno - My son purchased the liver at WalMart where they have both calves liver or beef liver.  It is sliced thin but you will find it in the frozen food section near the beef display.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  I made homemade chili last night and I really got carried away with the onions, but I really like onions !   ;D
It was a bit cooler yesterday, only a couple of degrees, but it looks like the high and the hot weather is heading East toward Barbara.  Still, not going to see under 100° here for a while.
Tamagno, yeah, it is easy to get caught up in all of the tech new stuff but nowadays so much of it seems just silly to me.  I don't have to control everything with my phone and I don't need a "smart speaker" listening to everything I say to act on what it thinks is an order to do something.  But many think that this is just too cool and grab the newest thing that comes up. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

101 this morning, 96 at bedtime last night.

Have't had liver and onions in a loooong time! Haven't had much appetite lately with the heat. When it cools down, I think I am going to fix some.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

139 this morning.

As suggested, SKB, I've copied and bookmarked that link and will use it whenever I'm at Amazon. Also will share...

Grammabear, no super Walmart in my area, but I hadn't thought of looking in frozen meats for calves liver which I'll do today should there be none fresh. I'm figuring on grilling/smoking it and will give some thought to a good marinade.

Still lots of rain here and hot. Managed enough clear skies to grill dinner last night but that looks like about it for the week.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

Handle that liver very gently if you're going to grill or smoke it on a grate - use a spatula to lift it instead of a fork or tongs. I always pan-fry it, and even then it usually wants to fall apart before I get it flipped. Once it's fairly cooked it holds together better.

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on August 13, 2018, 07:30:33 AM
Handle that liver very gently if you're going to grill or smoke it on a grate - use a spatula to lift it instead of a fork or tongs. I always pan-fry it, and even then it usually wants to fall apart before I get it flipped. Once it's fairly cooked it holds together better.

Shanny - When my son fixed it for us, he soaked it covered with milk for at least 5 minutes and then gently pan fried it for 1 minute (depending on thickness) on each side.  We have an electric stove so he used medium-high heat.  The soaking in milk removed the bitter taste that liver sometimes has.  I had never heard of soaking liver in milk, but the meat was fork tender.  Have you ever heard of this method of fixing liver?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Grammabear

119 this morning.

I have to see the Urologist this afternoon to see if there is a reason for these chronic urinary tract infections I have had this year.  Not holding my breath that he will be able to solve this problem and not looking forward to this appointment either.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021