You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

101 this morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

Glad you are safe skb! When I was in India in the South, I remember seeing water lines on the walls of the halls in the hotel we stayed at. And they were a few feet high!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

(I first read that as 'water lilies'! And I'm going 'whaaaaa?!')

Tamagno

95 this morning.

Wally, my scallops and shrimp turned out good, I thought (I added some chorizo I had around), but weren't liked by, ahem, others so I won't be doing that again. Seems a shame to me those people unwilling to try unfamiliar foods but its apparently a common trait.

Cooking is an odd necessity in many ways. It's fun to plan and execute while often being extremely time consuming. Meals are then eaten in mere minutes and once again time consuming to clean up. People with kids and/or large families must go nuts.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

But still, I love to cook. I almost never use a recipe, but I figure 50 years of experience counts for something!  ;D

And now that it's just the two of us, usually one recipe will fix us for at least two meals or more. As long as it's something that can be reheated, DH can even shift for himself once in awhile.  ;)

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the week at 109° and then cooling a bit.  You would think that 109° would feel the same as 102° since it is pretty close and both hot but you can really feel a difference.
Tamagno, glad the shrimp and scallops came out good but sorry they didn't go over well.  I never had any sea food growing up, my dad didn't like it and was not exposed to it until I got married but fell in love with a variety of things.  The first scallops I had were at a friends house and his wife picked the largest she could find and then wrapped them in bacon and grilled them on the BBQ, YUM.   ~bbq~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

147 this morning.

Tamagno - I agree that sometimes it is discouraging and time consuming to spend lots of time fixing food only to have 'others' turn up their nose at our efforts.  In my case when I try to fix something that is 'carb friendly' sometimes the old wood chopper likes it so much that he takes "seconds" and there are no planned leftovers.  This often happens with a vegetable based dish and what I had counted on having the next day whilst he is at work, is no longer available.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

116 this morning, 109 at bedtime last night.

Did not feel well when I got up, no appetite... Gag reflex kept kicking in until I finally threw up. I HATE with the fire of a thousand suns to throw up!!! I guess that is why the higher numbers...  Still no appetite, I ate a couple of saltine crackers that I picked up at the hot bar at the store by the soups, that helped some. I think dinner is going to be bone broth with an egg stirred into it like egg drop soup. Hope it stays down!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Shanny

I do hope it stayed down & I hope you feel better now. These 'urpy' episodes are a major aggravation, and Mom used to always fix us tea & toast when we felt that way.

I haven't felt like eating either, but I don't feel sick. DH is having some cauliflower with cheese sauce, but that didn't trip my trigger either. He'll pick up packaged products like that, and seems to enjoy them, but they just aren't appetizing to me. And if I want something with cheese sauce, I'll darn well make my own with real cheese & heavy cream . . . not some goofy package.

bigskygal

I am feeling better now. My go to when sick to stomach is Celestial Seasonings Sleepy Time Tea. It is camomile and mint and I've been sipping it all afternoon. The soup seems to be staying down, so hopefully this is past history now...

Tamagno

110 this morning.

Sure glad you're feeling better, BigSkyGal. (One side effect of last years cancer surgery is that with no esophagus I can no longer vomit; it's weird.)

I'm with you all on cooking, vis, prepared foods are way off my grocery list and I rarely use actual recipes or at least modify them substantially. Cooking is fun, if often time consuming! I do have a cookbook that's exhaustive in how to prepare everything from beans and grains to meats and game along with spice pairing suggestions that's helpful, though. In the end, nothing tops experience...

Oddly enough, it was actually so cool here yesterday I wound up with long sleeve shirts including fleece. I don't think we got even in the 70s but without rain or high humidity it seemed considerably cooler. I expect that'll continue a few days at least.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

Quite cool here today also . . . when it gets like this, DH wears his heavy velour bathrobe over his clothes to keep warm! We sure don't want to be turning on heat in AUGUST! I'm always plenty warm, so he's the one who has to work at keeping comfortable.

walkerwally1

97 this morning.  Not cool here. 107° yesterday and an overnight low of 82° so it's still shorts and T-shirt weather.  Looking at the 10 day it may get below 100° next week but that remains to be seen.
I like to cook but it's pretty simple.  I throw some meat on the BBQ and do some kind of vegie or salad.  Probably the most complicated thing I do is Crack Slaw.  Which reminds me I need to do that soon.
Glad you are feeling better Barbara.  It really sucks to throw up but hopefully it is gone now.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

105 this morning.

Yesterday hubby and I finished mowing our grass which took almost 3 hours.  The weather was pleasant in the shade but brutal and humid in the sun.  Almost looking forward to the change in seasons.

Very glad you are feeling better Barbara.  How is Boo doing.

Can anyone tell me why, as we get older, it is harder and longer to recover from a hypoglycemic episode?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

I think as we age, it's harder & takes longer to recover from ANY kind of episode, but for those of us who are diabetic, it's the diabetes that contributes more to the delay.

bigskygal

99 this rainy morning, 141 at bedtime last night. Wow, haven't been that high in years!! Being sick is not good for me obviously!! Feeling better, but still no appetite.

Wow John! Not being able to throw up is decidedly about the only good outcome I can imagine from what you went through!

High today 66°F and raining on and off. I actually turned on the gas fireplace as I was chilled. Probably residual from being sick yesterday. Boo is loving it! He's stretched out in front of it!

It is good it is raining, there is a big fire burning in Glacier NP, and last night's storms lit several smaller ones South of me. Nothing nearby thank goodness. I'm going to try my tree guy for yard clean-up I see he has it listed on his card... Send good thoughts my way...