You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

114 this morning.

Rosyblue - Shanny is right.  No need to be reluctant to post your numbers unless you 'don't feel like it.'  Some of mine aren't so great either.

My insurance company 'decided' I don't need Novolog anymore after 8+ years of using it and is prescribing Humalog instead.  It is "pitiful" when some ole' stuffed white shirt who sits behind a desk gets to make medical decisions for me without a medical degree.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

105 this morning.  At 6:00 AM we are at 75° and yesterday it only got to 100° so it is cooling down and it looks like we will be under 100° in a couple of days.  I am looking forward to Fall.
Tamagno, when I lived on the mountain we had humming birds come through when migrating and for about two weeks in the Spring and the Fall there would be a huge influx of the little guys then when they left a few stated around for the rest of the time.  Here there are a lot more year around.  I guess they like the warmer weather.
Rosyblue, posting our fasting numbers isn't to brag or show off but I do it so people can see that it is possible to maintain normal bg if you are diabetic.  I need to keep my daily carb consumption under 25g a day most of the time or my bg climbs up to where I don't want it.  It also helps me keep paying attention to what I am doing and if I am within my goals.  No one is going to look down at you or think less of you if your numbers are higher than you think are good.  We are here for support and welcome you to share anything you feel comfortable with. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

95 this morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

The yard guy did the front today and it looks wonderful!! He's coming back Saturday to tackle the back wth the tree growth. They are very good and seem honest. Monday the stump guy comes.

It was interesting, yesterday evening the stump guy came out to look at things and give me a quote. I have crystal clusters outside all around my house for protection and in my office about $35,000 worth of stones I used to sell on ebay. It turns out he collects and was really interested in what I had! He ended up buying a couple things from me!! I may be able to turn this process into a barter situation!!  :)

Rosyblue, we all have our ups and downs. bg can vary for so many reasons from being sick, getting sick, temperature, time of draw, eating something hidden...or for no reason at all. We share to encourage each other, not to compete. You are still new at this and swings are to be expected. Hang in there and share as you wish. We welcome anything you have to share.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

bigskygal

Wow, I have been sneezing my head off all evening!  This is my usual allergy reaction that I haven't had before I had my yard mowed... Quandary, do I mow or let my yard be engulfed with weeds and tree shoots??? It really looks nice outside, but holy cow my allergies really checked in!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

150 this morning.

Rosyblue, I think we have all manner of shyness as new diabetics, not just posting numbers here, but also testing in public, etc. One of the great things here is it helps you overcome a lot of that. This joint is definitely about support, not judgment.

Somehow, I was all out of whack yesterday and wound up napping away my morning in my easy chair. While I've nothing at all of import to do, it's still bothersome to be so off schedule. Looks like today should be better.

On a whim, I bought some chicken livers and will make them today. Not quite sure just how I'll cook them. Should at least be interesting...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rosyblue

Thank y'all for the words of encouragement. I'm back to 126 today. I wonder why the yo-yo ???

skb

Quote from: rosyblue on August 24, 2018, 04:34:19 AM
I wonder why the yo-yo ???

This is hardly a yo-yo effect. It's quite the norm to see variations like these.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  It was 69° at 6:00 AM this morning !  WOO HOO !!  We were right at 100° for a high yesterday so it has definitely cooled down. 
Rosyblue, we don't know enough about how you are treating your diabetes to guess.  It could have to do with diet, medication or just a normal variation.

Barbara, glad you got your yard taken care of but sorry for the allergy uptake.  Makes me wonder about my own allergies.  We never had any grass at our other house but there were lots of bushes and polen of all kinds but I just didn't seem to have any problem with that.  Here we do have a lawn and I do have allergies acting up a lot more.  Maybe that is where it is coming from.

Tamagno, you might try making a type of Rumaki like this:
https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Rumaki-21031619
I did this without the Water Chestnuts and used a sugar free Terriyaki sauce instead of soy sauce and brown sugar.  It came out quite good.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

120 this morning.

bigskygal ~ I'm happy that your new yard people are doing such a good job for you and that their work pleases you.  This year it seems that allergies are bad for everyone.  Maybe before you know yard work will be done, you could take an over the counter product for allergy.

rosyblue ~ a small variation in numbers isn't something to be concerned about.  It is when the difference begins to be substantial that you might want to think harder as to what it could be.  Keep up the good work.

It is raining here today and since we need the rain it is a welcome change from heat and humidity.  Our grass had begun to turn brown instead of green in places.  Hubby's potato vines in the garden are drying up so he is digging them now to enjoy fresh garden potatoes.  I'm waiting for the green beans so we can enjoy them.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

103 this morning, 115 at bedtime last night.

The lawn people came for a couple hours today while I was out running errands. It is looking so nice. They did half of the back yard, Wow what a difference with the tree growth gone. They'll finish tomorrow. Tree stumps go Monday. Hopefully when all is done my allergies will settle down.

Wally that recipe looks really yummy!!

Tamagno

135 this morning.

Thanks for posting the rumaki recipe, Wally; looks good! I wound up making up a sauce of sherry, chicken broth, garlic, onion, heavy cream, sour cream, Dijon mustard and spices including chipotle plus some sucralose for sweetener. The liver flavor came through easily and is good. Also figure it ought to be good for my anemia. I bet you could add some to eggs of some sort and really perk them up.

I'm with the others Rosyblue, but would also add that there's enough variation and error in meter readings to account for that variation. You'll want to be keeping a log of some sort to help track trends that'll be useful in watching diet, etc.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  I'm enjoying the cooler weather right now,  I can spend more time outside.  I know 100° is still hot but it is better than 107-108°.  And it is a dry heat !
[attachment id=0]

Tamagno, I did the rumaki thing because I really don't care for liver but that made it OK.  It sounds like you came up with a pretty good solution for yourself.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

127 this morning. 

We live near a 4 lane busy highway, and yesterday we watched a semi-truck "miss" the curve in the roadway.  He went to the ditch, hit a tree and that was the end of his journey.  If the tree had not stopped his vehicle, he would have gone deeper into the large ditch and the trailer would have crushed the cab and likely he would have died.  It did not take the rescue people long to get him out of the cab and send him off in the ambulance.  But it took them hours to extract the truck from the ditch/roadway stopping traffic thereby causing a backup.  We had a front row seat from our front porch.  We're glad the driver survived however he was going too fast for conditions and likely didn't use good judgement.  We don't need any more excitement like that to watch.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Most semi drivers seem to be good drivers, but once in a great while we come upon careless ones, and it's SCARY! They are so big, so heavy, and I just fall back for a few miles & let them have the road to themselves. As you say, we don't need any more excitement like that!

bigskygal

91 this morning, 96 at bedtime last night.

My yard has never looked better!! Poor Boo has been living under his chair through the whole process. Tomorrow will be quiet, but Monday is going to be bad for him. Then Thursday the bug people come to spray... then it will finally be quiet again.

ETA poor Boo just threw up...he is so stressed. Maybe I should postpone Monday...