You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on August 28, 2018, 06:47:46 PMI also don't appreciate the bare chest/hairy beer belly look! :o
Oh dear god . . .   ::)

Tamagno

149 this morning.

I never use flour in gravy either, Wally.

It was nasty hot here yesterday with temperatures over 90 and high humidity; more of that today.

Well, BigSkyGal, at least you don't mention being treated to the now legendary and ubiquitous b—t crack...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rosyblue

Hi,

I've been a bad gurl. And I'm paying for it. 166 morning number.
Be nice folks, Don't shout me down.

skb

We only encourage our members to follow a LCHF way of eating for control of their BG numbers. We do not believe in enforcing this piece of advice. Really, no one is ever going to shout at anyone. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Grammabear

81 this morning.

We had torrential rains last night along with a concert of thunderstorms and lightening.  Not a good night for sleeping.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  Weather here is staying very consistent and while it is still kind of warm we were under 100° yesterday and a nice 69° this morning. 
Rosyblue, don't worry, no one here is going to judge you or make any negative comment.  We are here for support and encouragement.  Today is another day and each day just try to do your best. 
I guess that because I learned to make gravy with either flour or corn starch to thicken it I thought that was the way it was done.  I am going to try to make a LC version.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

https://www.food24.com/Recipes-and-Menus/Low-carb-recipes/Flourless-gravy-20150522

Separate an egg yolk into a separate bowl. And get a good knob of butter on standby.

Remove the bubbling stock from the heat once it has reduced and become slightly thicker. Then gradually pour a couple of tablespoons of the thickened stock over the egg yolk and whisk immediately and rapidly to temper the egg.

Then add the remaining stock and stir well. Then pour the stock back into the saucepan and return to the heat, which you now turn down to a gentle simmer.

Keep whisking and add the knob of butter and stir in until it starts to thicken to your desired consistency.

Tip: Homemade stock really makes all the difference. Freeze homemade stock in ice cube trays, and then just add the desired amount of cubes to a saucepan.

bigskygal

97 this morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

Ah Tamagno, I was "treated" to the  b**tt crack when he came over to give me a quote...  :o

At least I will never have to see him again.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

81 this morning.

Wally, Shanny's gravy looks great to me. Usually, I just take some extra broth and reduce it with heavy cream, sour cream, Dijon mustard and some spices. Push comes to shove, the little bit of corn starch that'd also work, would add almost no carbs.

Actually, today I'm making some steel cut oats to which I'll add egg while cooking. (Also adding bacon and a little peanut butter).

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  Well, my weather station showed a high of 99.5° yesterday so still under 100.  A tad warmer this morning and probably going to be around 102° today.
Thanks for the recipe Shanny.  I am certainly going to try that. 
Fasting this morning because I have to get bloodwork done and I will leave in a bit.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

118 this morning.

We got 3 inches of rain overnight with more expected tonight.  Guess that makes the grass grow quicker?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

111 this morning 97 at bedtime last night.

Allergies have been kicking up since the yard was cut. Temps still very mild for this time of year, mid 70's. I hope it stays that way!!

Shanny, thanks for that recipe!! It looks amazing!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

When I was a child, Mom tried her darndest to get us kids to eat gravy, and we were just as stubborn about NOT eating it as kids could be! Now that I'm grown it's one of the best parts of the meal!

Tamagno

129 this morning.

Seems hard to imagine not liking gravy, Shanny, but I expect we could all add to a list of childhood dislikes that've become favorites; and vice versa. By the way, I put a couple of eggs in my oatmeal for this morning adding not only to viscosity but also creaminess. Also, putting in crumbled bacon is interesting and worth a try.

A break in humidity resulted in a lovely day yesterday with hopefully the same today. It seems suddenly to have started getting dark much earlier heralding cooler nights to come. As usual, I'm not quite ready for summer to end...

Grammabear

103 this morning.

We get no break in humidity with all the rain in our forecast.  We will be lucky if we get to mow the lawn this weekend.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021