You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  Weather here has been very consistent.  Under 100° for 6 days in a row now.  Granted, not by much but 97-98° is not bad for here and under the psychological 100° barrier.  Even better it is cooling off at night and was 63° this morning.
One of the things I have stayed away from since going low carb is oatmeal.  When I was with Kaiser I sat through a whole day of a class with a CDE and the thing that was preached was that anything whole grain was OK for a diabetic and if you just stayed away from sugar and took your meds you were just fine.  No emphasis on keeping track of carbs at all and no need to test more than once a day.  After I finally got fed up with the way things were going and did some research I started to test after everything I ate and one of the first things was a bowl of oatmeal  after which I hit 300mg/l and that was one of my first rude awakenings as to what a bunch of bull I had been told.  I guess that stopped me from having any more desire for oatmeal.  Of course I didn't have a small amount !   :P
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

111 this morning.

We had 3 inches of rain last night and one heck of a thunder/lightning storm.  It apparently tried to kill my computer as the desktop monitor screen went black and the power button on the pc tower went down as well.  My phone was plugged into tower for charging and not much power left on phone this morning.  In talking with my number 2 son, he said my pc "forgot" how to reboot and walked me through the necessary steps to try and get it back up and running again.  Number 2 son built his own computer so I am blessed to be able to have him help me via long distance text msg.  Computer works very slow this morning but it is working - for which I am grateful.

You all have a good day.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

It continues to be cloudy & coolish down here & I don't know if it's precipitating or not . . . haven't been out. In fact, the cleaning lady was here so I slept in later until she left.

Having a little more breakfast than usual  . . . fixed a fried egg with cheese on it, and am enjoying it on a toasted English muffin. It'll cost me, I'm sure, but it's also lunch as well as breakfast, right?!

bigskygal

119 this cool morning, 108 at bedtime last night.

Feeling a little sickish today, chills...even turned on the fireplace for a while. Hope this passes quickly.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

138 this morning.

Just for fun, Wally, I did a search yesterday for diabetic diets and saw much of what you mention with lots of grains and fruits. Definitely worthless, but to be expected.

Good deal you've access to your own computer tech out there, Grammabear!

Sorry you're poorly, BigSkyGal and hope this passes quickly.

Someone mentioned recently making their mayonnaise with an immersion blender which I finally tried yesterday with great results. Definitely much easier than the blender! By the way, I made this with about half sesame oil plus rice wine, and fresh lime juice for an Asian flavor. Took awhile to get right, but after adding garam masala, balti spice, fish oil, hoisin sauce, sucralose and Thai chili sauce came out great. I love this sort of thing to have around as a condiment with all manner of meats. Sweet at first taste and then very, very spicy hot.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

105 this morning.  Well, 99° yesterday so still under 100°.  That may change today.
Boy Tamagno, you really make it an art to make mayonnaise !  I used to like spicy hot, I ate jalapeño peppers by the hand full but I just can't take it any more.  I like spices but just stay away from hot. 
Barbara, I hope you feel better soon. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

109 this morning. 

My good luck with getting desktop up and running ended about an hour after posting yesterday.  I got the black screen that wouldn't boot up.  I think the storm we had fried the mother board and now my computer is toast.  It took me all afternoon and part of the evening to get the laptop to run, so that is what I hope will stay working.

Number 2 son will build us a new computer but that will take time, so not sure when we will have access to a different PC.

Barbara - I hope you feel better today.  It is not fun to feel poorly.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

117 this morning, 117 at bedtime last night too.

Still rough around the edges...no appetite at all and the "urps"( thanks Shanny for reminding me of that word!) are threatening...ugh!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

108 this morning.

Surely do hope you feel better soon, BigSkyGal!

Certainly a big annoyance for now, Grammabear, but in some ways it'll be fun to have a "fresh" PC. Wonder what version of Windows you'll get?

Gosh, Wally, without spicy hot I'd be lost as I taste little but that and sweet; I've graduated to habaneros when I can get them as I'm finding jalapeños too mild...

Relentlessly humid here and continuing awhile with temperatures in the mid-80s. Good weather to stay in, for sure.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

115 this morning.

John - I've been avoiding windows 10 for a long time, however my son has it and likes it.  So probably he will install 10 for the machine he is building.

Weather here is super humid making outdoor chores most difficult.  Hubby picked tomatoes last night and got almost a 5 gal bucket full of cherry, pear and Roma paste tomatoes.  Since it had rained yesterday morning, all the tomatoes were full of grass, mud or leaves and each one had to be washed individually.  But the flavor this year is awesome.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  Well, 99° yesterday so 6 days now under 100° but it looks like that will change by the weekend.  We will probably be looking at 106-107°, or not.
I got my results back this morning from my blood work last week and I was a bit surprised.  I have expanded my diet a bit and let my bg run a bit higher, still under 120 mg/dl most of the time and not ever over 140.  I expected my A1c to be somewhere in the 5% range but it was 4.7%. 

Tamagno, I can understand that.  Fortunately I have very good tasters and my mouth just won't take the heat so I tend to go easy.
Grammabear, I have been using Windows 10 since the upgrade from Windows 8 came out and I find it quite good.  I would not avoid it for what ever reason you think it may be a problem.  It has been working well for me.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

103 this morning, 109 at bedtime last night.

Congrats on the A1c Wally!!

I used to eat more hot peppers, but as I have gotten older, I have lost my taste for the really hot ones...

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 04, 2018, 10:08:02 AM
I got my results back this morning from my blood work last week and I was a bit surprised.  I have expanded my diet a bit and let my bg run a bit higher, still under 120 mg/dl most of the time and not ever over 140.  I expected my A1c to be somewhere in the 5% range but it was 4.7%. 

Great number Wally. How's the hemoglobin number ? If that is low or lower end of normal, that would explain the low A1c.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

116 this morning.

Great report, Wally; nice to know you can still do well with your expanded diet!

Kathy, your tomatoes are nearly making me drool. I've had only one home grown one here that was pretty lousy. The weather here was too wet and nobody's crop did well. Sure would like a crustless tomato pie. I haven't really paid much attention to Windows 10 or much from Microsoft since Windows 8 so it's good to know your son and Wally like it.

I'm on the hunt for winter clothes and bought another vest from L.L. Bean yesterday as they had a nice fleece one at 25% off. I'll be doing good now if I can settle on something for my feet. I had some down "booties" that were roomy and warm but wore out. May just wind up with another pair as I haven't found anything better. Don't know just why, but it seems those thick winter socks wear out far too quickly.

rosyblue

137 today. OK. I'm not complaining.