You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

I got a pair of Baa Boots last winter & they're really toasty. Have you heard of them?

Grammabear

81 this morning.

I woke yesterday morning to yet another UTI.  Fortunately, for me, I had a diabetes check up scheduled with my GP for yesterday.  She will send in a urine sample for culture, but prescribed ampicillin for me to get started on recovery. 

Wally - great job on the A1C.  I also had lab work yesterday but do not know the results yet.  Pretty sure it isn't going to be great like yours.

rosyblue - your number isn't so bad, just make sure you try to keep it under 140. 

Barbara ~ How are you feeling today and Boo, is he settled down from all the excitement at his place?

Shanny ~ Never heard of Baa Boots.  Where does one get them?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on September 04, 2018, 09:54:51 PM
Great number Wally. How's the hemoglobin number ? If that is low or lower end of normal, that would explain the low A1c.
I am not sure that is on this report.  I see an item Globulin Ser and an item Albumin/Glob SerPl-mRto but I don't know what they refer to.  A lot of things are just abbreviations and  come with no explanation.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 05, 2018, 09:54:51 AM
Quote from: skb on September 04, 2018, 09:54:51 PM
Great number Wally. How's the hemoglobin number ? If that is low or lower end of normal, that would explain the low A1c.
I am not sure that is on this report.  I see an item Globulin Ser and an item Albumin/Glob SerPl-mRto but I don't know what they refer to.  A lot of things are just abbreviations and  come with no explanation.
I understand that a lower hemoglobin number can affect the A1c but Medicare doesn't care.  Since my A1c has been in the 4% range they decided that I didn't need to test 4 times a day and cut my prescription to two times a day.  It never enters their mind that the reason my numbers are low is because I test at least 4 times a day so I get to buy the additional strips myself. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  It clouded up yesterday and looked like it may rain for a while but nothing.  Bright and sunny this morning.
I am not really in a frame of mind to shop for winter clothes right now although it is probably a good time but I think I am in good shape.
Grammabear, bummer but at least you got to it soon.  Hope it goes away quickly.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on September 05, 2018, 09:48:15 AMShanny ~ Never heard of Baa Boots.  Where does one get them?
Can't remember where I first heard of them, but here's a picture.

Grammabear

Wally - I once had a diabetologist tell me that since he was an "expert" he would only allow me 1 test strip per day.  He said "I should know these things because I went to University."  Medicare is questioning many people.  For example my doctor spent a good share of my appointment time asking me how many times I test per day.  When in fact I brought her the download from my pump which indicates how many times per day I test.  She barely glanced at it and then handed it back to me.  NONE of these healthcare professionals care what the reason is behind the good outcome like you had with your A1C.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Too many professionals think far too highly of themselves, and their arrogance goes hand-in-hand with ignorance. Patients must educate themselves, advocate for themselves, and above all, stand up for themselves.

bigskygal

104 this morning, 102 at bedtime last night.

Stomach still iffy and no appetite. Boo has settled down to his regular schedule of sleeping in the sunshine in the back room.

Those boots look cosy Shanny. What kind of sole do they have? I'll snoop around Amazon and see if they are there.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

I think there's a choice of what kind of sole you want, or none at all. I chose latex and I like it a lot - it's very flexible & it allows me to go outside like for short trips to the shop/garage or a stroll around the porch.

I don't think Amazon was my source . . . seems like it was somewhere in Lithuania maybe?

Shanny

Could you please remove the "For Huss" attachment on my last post? I don't know how it got there, but I can't seem to remove it myself, so maybe you can do it.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 05, 2018, 09:54:51 AM

That is Serum Globulin and the Albumin / Globulin ratio. These are from you Liver panel. The hemoglobin would be in the CBC panel probably as Hg or Hb.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

Quote from: Shanny on September 06, 2018, 12:39:15 AM
Could you please remove the "For Huss" attachment on my last post? I don't know how it got there, but I can't seem to remove it myself, so maybe you can do it.

Done
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

161 this morning.

Hope you get rid of the UTI quickly, Grammabear!

That's not such a bad FBG, Rosyblue, and I'm in accord with keeping it under 140.

Wally, I found I could get those abbreviations by googling them. Ranges sometimes vary by lab, though, which is important to know.

Those Baa Boots look promising; I'm going to check around for them as well and will post if I can find a source.

Got some liverwurst yesterday on a whim and tried a slice with a little ketchup. Not bad, but I remember it having a stronger flavor. I'll try some more with mustard. Could be just me...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

70 this morning.

I got my A1C done Tuesday and considering all the UTIs I've had this year so far, I was surprised it was half decent at 6.3%.  I wish the doctor could tell me the cause of my UTI and not just keep treating the symptoms.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021