You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  Still under 100° at 97° for a high yesterday but we are supposed to warm up a bit over the weekend.  I was out walking just a bit ago and it was really nice at 68°.
Ah, that explains it SKB, I didn't have a CBC this time.  In fact the last time I had a CBC was over a year ago and it was on the low side then.  That may be a reason for such a low A1c but then my averages from my daily testing kind of fit.  According to the calculator on the right a 4.7 A1c = an average of 90 and that doesn't seem too far off. I still think that the right number should be in the 5% range.

Tamagno, I do try and Google the abbreviations on the test reports to find out just what the heck they mean and most of the time I get an answer but not always.  Sometimes they come back with no reasonable match.  One of the things I liked about Kaiser when I was with them was that they had an explanation of all of the items on your test results and went into detail on how to understand them. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

107 this morning, 110 at bedtime last night. Still feeling punk...I am really tired of feeling this way!

It is going to warm up to high 80's for a couple of days then cool down to 70's/60's for next week. My dwarf Maple tree is bright crimson!! So pretty.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

164 this morning.

I don't know, Wally, my wife once called a very well-known hospital to check my labs and was told it meant I had sypholis...

Couldn't find Baa Boots available anywhere, but along the way found Old Friend boots and slippers. A little pricey, but many different styles can be had.

Our heat spell broke last evening with storms and a dramatic drop in temperature. I suspect that was our last heat wave of the year.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

Quote from: Tamagno on September 07, 2018, 03:57:31 AM
I don't know, Wally, my wife once called a very well-known hospital to check my labs and was told it meant I had sypholis...

Oh for crying out loud !

102 this morning.  It is going to warm up this weekend so we will be over 100° for a few days.  We hit 99.5° yesterday so still under 100°.
We won't see any trees turning color here for a while.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

111 this morning.

Our trees are just starting to turn color.  Sigh....I'm tired of heat and humidity but I don't know as I'm ready for snow either.

Wally - I was once frustrated by the abbreviations on the medical labs I would have done, so I bought a medical dictionary that is a small book and has just about every conceiveable abbreviation in it.  It is most helpful when you see more than one doctor for various things.

I learned today that my current medication for UTI is resistant so that means I have to start all over again with the same medicine that I dislike so much but is very effective.  What can anyone tell me about taking probiotics all the time instead of just when you're on a antibiotic?  I wish to avoid being sick all the time.  Apparently when women get older their chemistry changes sometimes for the worse.

Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

114 this morning, 108 at bedtime last night.

That miniature maple is always the first to change. The nights have been in low 40's so no surprise.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Shanny

The sugar maple that's just outside our kitchen window is beginning to turn. It's a very young tree as trees go - only about 30 years old. DH had admired the mother tree which was on his route to school years ago, so when a sapling grew up, he brought it home.  The mother tree was a gorgeous deep orange in the fall and we hoped her offspring would be as colorful. So far it hasn't, but as I said - it's quite young for a tree.

Tamagno

143 this morning.

Grammabear, I very often take probiotics for extended periods on a daily basis without any apparent ill effect. Past experience has demonstrated that especially recurring UTIs can produce a kind of cognitive decline that's far worse than antibiotic side effects. Perhaps you'd find switching brands of probiotic helpful.

Yesterday's rain and clouds contributed to a quality of ennui that left me doing very little. I'm hoping for a more energetic perspective today.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rosyblue

@walkerwally1,
I've never seen a number like 4.7 ever. All I will say is Good Job, keep it up.

My morning number, 139 today.

Grammabear

119 this morning.

I just recently learned about taking probiotics from the GP.  So I will give it a try to see what happens.  I had a most unusual reaction to the first antibiotic she prescribed for this latest UTI and that was painful, bloodshot eyes to the point where I could not tolerate bright light at all.  I wore sunglasses at the grocery store and in the house when we got home.  It hurt to look at any kind of bright light such as my pump screen or the cell phone.  Could not read at all and I never ever had that reaction to any drug antibiotic or otherwise.

Rosyblue - I've never seen a number like that either.  Best I have ever done was 5.7% and that was after a LOT of work.  Guess when it comes down to it, I like to eat too well to devote the necessary dedication to a lower number.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  Well it was 103° yesterday so we did break through the 100° barrier and it is 77° this morning heading to a high of 107°.  Today is supposed to be the hottest and then cooling down.  Hopefully this will be the last hot spell but then maybe not.
Yeah, my A1c was low and it is mainly due to diet but then like SKB said it may also be that my hemoglobin is on the low side also.  I did not have a CBC this time and it was over a year ago that I had my last one but it was low then.
I started 5 years ago on a LCHF diet to control my bg after many years of following doctors directions that never helped much.  I like to eat also but I like my sight and feet, etc. better.  I still follow a pretty strict diet but I did loosen up a bit lately to give myself some more variety.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Shanny

Another rainy day here and only 67° out. I'll take it & thank Mother Nature profusely! ;D  I just got up & DH still sleeping in this weekend morning. Nothing on the agenda . . . we were in town just yesterday, so no road trips or anything for awhile now. Ask me if I wanna go back to bed! YESSSSS!  ~clp~

bigskygal

108 this smoky morning, 113 at bedtime last night.

Smoke blowing in from a controlled burn in ID and fires in CA. Ugh!

Still no appetite, but stomach is feeling a bit better today.

Tamagno

137 this morning.

Shanny, yesterday I guess I listened to your comment about sleep as I napped most all day. Simply couldn't keep my eyes open. Sure hope I do better today.

We've definitely and suddenly taken a turn for fall with night temps going in the low 50s plus that sense that it's cloudier and just a bit darker all day. Surprisingly, the hummingbirds are still here; usually they've headed south about a week ago.

walkerwally1

105 this morning.  Definitely not Fall here.  105° yesterday and heading to the same today.  We should be back under 100° by the middle of next week.  September can still be pretty hot here.  The hummingbirds may be here all year as long as there is food.  My understanding is that birds migrate because of the food supply and not because it is cold.   
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024