You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

129 this morning.

Hubby and I had shrimp stir fry last night for supper with rice I had cooked and then put in the refrigerator for 24 hrs.  My numbers were respectable at 139 considering I ate a healthy serving.  Not sure if it matters as to the variety but I used long grain brown rice.

Anyone have bad results when you use artificial sweetners?  I can't seem to find one that agrees with my stomach.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

101 this morning, 115 at bedtime last night.

Still not much appetite but stomach is better.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

134 this morning.

Can't say I've noticed any problems with sucralose, Grammabear. Same with the other various sugar substitutes I've tried. Good deal you didn't get much spike from the rice!

It was downright chilly here yesterday and I think it will be today. Supposed to get some heat back, but my thermal underwear is already out.

It'll be a long, busy week starting today as I'm seeing the oncologist this morning and neurologist this afternoon. Sure hoping I've gained at least a couple pounds! Later this week I'll see my endocrinologist plus Saturday my winter firewood is being delivered. I don't look forward to any of it, but if all goes well, it'll get done and over with soon enough.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rosyblue

I'm mighty thrilled today. And I owe it all to you folks here. I've been doing exactly what you have prescribed and I can boast of a 116 today.

Yeeeah  ;D ;D

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  It was a couple of degrees cooler yesterday at 103° and this morning it is only 68°, nice !  We should be under 100° by Wednesday.
Way to go Rosyblue !   ~gjb~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

My goodness, Wally! Your temps dipped almost down to ours today . . . we're enjoying 58°!

Grammabear

134 this morning.

The GP changed my medicine from Ampicillin to Bactrim.  While taking Ampicillin for the UTI, my eyes were very sore and now they are blurry.  I'm having trouble reading too.  Looks like I better call the Doc to see what's up.

Rosyblue - Good Job on the numbers.  Keep up the good work.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

111 this morning, 110 at bedtime last night. Stomach is acting up again... I see my Oncologist for the last time on Thursday (5 years cancer free!), will ask him if this is something I should worry about.

Congrats roseyblue! Keep up the good work. Logging/measuring your food will help you tremendously on this journey, especially in the beginning.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

187 this morning.

Good for you, Rosyblue!

Grammabear, I sure wish you could tolerate antibiotic better; hope they can get your vision straightened out without complicating things.

BigSkyGal, it'd be great if you're all clear with your oncologist; what a relief that'll be!

My own docs yesterday were a mixed bag with concern remaining over my weight, plus a nodule to be biopsied and a couple other things. Bottom line is I've agreed to a trial of antidepressants and Marinol (pharmaceutical marijuana) for appetite and nausea. At least the oncologist and neurologist are off my back for the next month. Meanwhile, I'm sticking with the good news of no recurrence of my original cancer which I think bodes well regardless.

Cold and rain continue today, but I'm thrilled to have a quiet day to myself.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  We hit 101° for a high yesterday but this morning it is 64°  ~clp~  Today we may be under 100° and then it should be in the mid 90s after that.  I like that ! 
With hurricane Florence heading for the Carolinas it looks like it may be a bad one.  I hope the heavy rains and flooding don't affect anyone of you guys.
Tamagno, hope it all works out for you.  Nausea is never easy to deal with.
Barbara, I really hope your stomach problems go away. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

74 this morning.  I struggled with lows off and on all night.  I suspect it is the Bactrim making things more difficult as my rates for insulin prior to the antibiotics were all good.

Tamagno - I wish you well in your trial of the new medicines.  At least if the weather suddenly turns cold, you will have plenty of firewood to keep you warm.

I have an weather app on my phone which has been warning people in the hurricane's path.  I just hope people listen to the warnings and that no lives are lost.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

auntiekris

<sheepishly waves to the group>  Hello all, hope you've been well!

Shanny

Welcome back, Kris! <3

bigskygal

101 this cool cloudy morning, 114 at bedtime last night. Stomach still iffy...

Hi today was 71°F next 2 days predicted low 60's. Liking the sound of that!

Hope your new meds help you Tamagno

skb

Hi Kris,

Welcome back. Hope all well. Great number, you posted.  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH