You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on September 18, 2018, 10:00:52 PM
We don't have a lot of trouble with deliveries, because all of our deliverers basically know us, and even if we're away at the moment, they know we never go very far afield, and will be back soon. The ones who don't know us quite as well will often leave the package in the shop where it's cooler, instead of  outside where it might heat up too much. There ARE advantages to this rural/small town environment!  :)

Be glad you live in a small rural town as they seem to be disappearing fast in this area.  Many people live in an area where they don't even know their neighbors.  Thankfully we still know and like our neighbors as we've had the same people for a good many years.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  I'm really enjoying the weather right now.  I do well when the highs are around the mid 90s and there is a breeze but not too windy.  It looks like it will be like this for a while. 
Yeah Grammabear, I guess I do talk to my computer sometimes and it is not to complement it !   ::)
By the way, congratulations and happy anniversary !   ~cng~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

118 yesterday, after going to bed at 183.

But today was 93 with bedtime at 123.  Went out to Mexican food with friends last night and did just fine, yay.  Hooray for tortilla soup, without the fried tortillas.  Still continuing to slightly reduce the insulin which I'm over the moon about.

Yes Shanny, that's the pan!  The crusts that were shipped to me are fully cooked and individually shrink wrapped.  According to the website, they'll leave the package.  https://www.califlourfoods.com/

Congrats GrammaBear! 

You guys are cracking me up with the mystery freezer food comments.  I have a new roommate who was digging through my freezer and informed me I had ground beef dating back to 2015.  Yah, I'm not much for cooking. 

I dunno, I think I'm a bit younger than some on here but I don't have any use for Alexa and Siri and certainly don't need to trick out the house with high tech stuff.  Am trying to simplify actually.  But I definitely grew up with the mindset that often more was better.  Not always so!

Off to a music festival in the Sierras tomorrow and then Petanque tournament on Sunday, so not sure I'll be around much.  See you next week!  xo

bigskygal

96 this morning, 136 at bedtime last night.

CT scan went fine. i hate the contrast dye injection. My face feels hot and it feels like I peed in my pants...didn't happen but feels like it... Next week I see both the drs to get results.

Driving up and back there was this ad on the radio about if you are nauseous, feel full quickly, throw up... you might qualify for a diabetic gastroparesis drug study...hmmm wonder if this is what is going on???

Congrats GrammaBear!! That is truly something to celebrate.

Natural Grocers didn't have the cauli crusts I was looking for but they did have another brand. Will try it out soon. Waiting to hear GrammaBear's experience with online ordering.  i am rural too and my delivery people would leave a shipment for me if I wasn't home. Especially now that the weather is turning cold.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on September 19, 2018, 09:21:02 AM
Today is our 48 wedding anniversary.  Hard to believe we've been privileged to have that many years together.

~cng~

Talking to gadgets is no fun, but I guess that is the future.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

It may be the future, but not here ever. Too much information is available already through online orders etc I will never give access to my music/tv etc choices... removing tinfoil hat now... ;D

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

140 this morning.

Happy anniversary, Grammabear!

Another day lost to tired and sick. I think it's from the Effexor they put me on and won't take it again. It's much like having food poisoning. Anyway, I never thought I needed an antidepressant and am just as glad to be off the stuff. Hopefully, I'll get more done today.

I've often wondered what happens to Alexa in households with screaming children, for example. There must be some sort of safeguards, but it seems more complex and expensive than useful.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

66 this morning.  Getting a bit weary of these lows that happen mostly toward morning.

Tamagno - My younger son tried Effexor when he was in his 20s and it also made him tired and sick, almost like he was a different person.  He went off it and it was a very long time before the Dr even mentioned trying another drug of that nature.

Barb - I bet you are glad your test is over and now the waiting can begin.

Hubby and I might go out to eat at our favorite family restaurant on another day to celebrate.  Right now he needs help mowing the lawn this weekend and he also wants to paint the walls in the kitchen before it gets too cold to have the windows open.  Always something when you have a home to upkeep.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  Wow, we are at 54° this morning at 6:30 AM so it is definitely getting cooler.  Still 95° at around 3:00 PM but getting there.
Yeah Tamagno, side effects form some meds can be a real problem.  It seems you have a pretty good outlook on things and an anti-depressant seems unnecessary.  Hope you feel better.
Barbara, yeas, I had a couple of CT scans after the heart valve and the contrast dye does warm things up but I didn't find it too bad.  Hope you get some answers. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

97 this morning, 114 at bedtime last night.

Tamagno, I tried Effexor years ago after DH passed. It wrecked me! I was sick with a splitting headache that felt like a steel band being tightened around my fore head. Anaphylactic shock from Paxil. Mellorill(sp?) gave me frightening nightmares. I am a real wuss when it comes to meds. Finally landed on Wellbutrin which worked for the time I needed it.

Yeah Wally the "hot" feeling doesn't last long but I don't like it!

Tamagno

173 this morning.

Glad to hear I'm not alone with Effexor, and thanks, Wally, I don't think I need it either. Only took it to please some people, anyway and was told it'd increase my energy.

A much better day yesterday and I'm thinking it'll be yet better today. I've a fair bit to do today and want to do a little cooking and grill tonight.

Grammabear, painting is something I pretty much hate in every way and I sure don't envy you or your husband going through that!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

I always thought I disliked painting with a passion . . . until I moved into a house with wallpaper! Last time we had a redo, I just hired it done & so far, so good . . .  ~tup~

rosyblue

Sorry I was travelling.
Gramma - Congratulations on the Anniv.

I don't think I can put up with Alexa either. I don't even like Siri. Baah, she always gets me wrong.  ???

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  I kind of enjoy painting.  The ceiling and walls are easy but the trim and windows are tedious but it is so nice when it is done.  I can't stand wallpaper !   ???
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

102 this morning, 109 at bedtime last night.

I am so tired of this nausea!! I so hope they have some answers for me next week.