You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

Just woke up to a quiet house . . . the kids & puppy dog must be out walking. Dunno whether to start breakfast or wait on them - they may have already eaten, so I don't wanna start something i can't finish! Some thumping upstairs tells me DH is prob'ly still here . . .  ;)

auntiekris

49 ugh.  Woke up in the middle of the night, didn't even test as I knew it was super low.  Thought I took care of it but woke up to this. 

Being a history major was pretty fun - classes were like story time!  It was the analyzing and writing part of it that I fell down on. 

Grammabear, good luck with the hearing aids.  My mom had hers for about 9 years and just got brand new ones a month ago.  Night and day difference - so much so, it's driving her a bit crazy with how much more she can hear. 

Oh work, it's crushing me at the moment.  Two more deadlines to cross and then the very difficult job of finalizing the sale of my business.  One day at a time I guess. 

bigskygal

102 this morning, 94 at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

walkerwally1

108 this morning.  Not sure what that is about but oh well.  It is supposed to be warmer today and tomorrow, maybe even hit 100° tomorrow and then cooling down next week.  We even have a small, 20% chance of rain.
No Tamagno this morning, hope everything is OK.
Off in a bit for an appointment with my Cardiologist for a follow up.  I had an echocardiogram and an ultrasound of the carotid arteries last week.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

89 this morning.

Kris  I had inserted a new sensor yesterday and for the first 24 hrs it is unreliable.  But since yours was the real deal, I'm glad you are ok today.  You have a lot going on and stress can lower or raise your bg at times.  Be strong.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

auntiekris

67 this morn after a whopping 285 last night.  First time in a few weeks of eating carbs, silly me.  No mas. 

Although I just found an old meter, tested it against my current one and the old meter is 30 points higher.  Hmmmm, well that's great.  I've been avoiding going to the labs for my A1c.  Time to pull my head out of the sand and this will also tell me which meter is more accurate. <pulling hair out in frustration>

I'm glad you weren't that low Grammabear.  Thanks for the supportive words. xo

Wally, good luck with the tests, and yes, hope all is well with Tamagno.  And Barb, has your nausea subsided?

Whelp, I guess these tax returns won't prepare themselves...

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on September 18, 2018, 07:24:49 PM
Snap Wally! 104 here this morning too. 96 at bedtime last night.

LOL Tamagno, I have done that so many times that I always label and date anything that goes into the freezer.

GrammaBear, I'd be leery of ordering online after reading some of the comments. Several people said the delivery service would't leave the package unless some one was home as they are perishable. Frozen I think... Now I am almost always home, but if they won't leave the package if I am not, that could be a problem. Does the PO/UPS/FEDEX have freezer storage??? Please let us know how your deiivery goes.

Barb - You asked me to let you all know how my buying experience was with ordering online.  My order arrived today as Priority Mail.  It was extremely well packaged.  The items I ordered were placed between two freezer packs and then the entire thing was wrapped in what I call insulated foil.  The two freezer packs still had ice in them when they were placed on my front porch.  We were not home but they left them anyway.  Lucky for me our weather today is 57 deg F so the box didn't not get hot.  The product inside was still very cold like you had just removed it from the fridge.  We had one of the pizza crusts as a wrap straight from the oven.  Hubby thought they were good and I loved them to pieces.  My blood sugar afterwards was almost a straight line on my Dexcom.  I don't remember the shipping charges, only that it was steep.  I'm going to enjoy every single morsel of this product and most likely will order it again.  Don't know if my review will help you at all, but that is my story and I'm sticking to it.  This seems to be a company that cares about the consumer. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

105 this morning, 111 at bedtime last night.

Kris, I didn't want to jinx myself yesterday by saying anything, the nausea was actually much better yesterday and today too...of course as I go to the drs tomorrow...

Grammabear, thank you so much for the review!! I know I can trust your review!  I have the 2 crust pack I bought last week, but haven't had the "stomach" for pizza...maybe this weekend. They unfortunately aren't 100% cauliflower... :( I will order the Outer Aisle Crusts after I use the ones I have up.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

187 this morning.

Sorry to miss yesterday; spent most all day in the ER where they treated me for a UTI. I've had lots, but never one with high fever and terrible fatigue. Fortunately, they gave IV antibiotic as well as a script. Still not 100%, but much better. For once, actually worth the trip.

Historically, this is an odd neighborhood in that there are a number of abandoned gold mines, one less than a mile down the road. Don't know anything much about it, nor have I ever ventured in. Doubtless, they've long since been picked clean.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

Glad to hear both options worked, but it gets expensive when you need IV & oral antibiotics both. Feel better soon.

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  Today we may get to over 100°, predicted to be 101°, and this is supposed to be the hottest day and then cooling down.  Next week there is even a chance of some rain with a 40% chance on Tuesday.  I very much doubt it but, hey, a chance is a chance !    ~ltn~

Tamagno, glad you are back.  A trip to the ER is never fun but glad they were able to get on top of it.  Sounds like it was pretty serious indeed. 
Appointment with my Cardiologist yesterday was good, everything is doing well and the heart valve is looking very good.  He was telling me that they continue to improve the procedure and now you can usually go home the same day after a new valve is installed by trans-catheter like I had.  I went home on the third day.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

89 this morning.

It is cold here at 59 degrees F.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

auntiekris

86 - snap Wally!  And happy to hear the tests are looking good!

Barb, of course the symptoms go away when you finally get to the doctor, but am glad you are feeling better.

Tamagno, glad they were able to help you at the ER.  Funny, would never think of gold mines in CT, your comment made me google it.  Very interesting.

Grammabear, cold sounds great, I'm ready for fall to kick in.

To work, to work. 

Shanny

Very cool here this morning too . . . I even turned on the electric wall heater, but only because the kids were still here. They took off pretty early, so I turned it back off! lol!

Awfully nice to have kids around for a few days, and this pair brought their cute little dog too . . . who was pure delight. It's nice to have them loving pets as much as we always have. This isn't him, but it looks a lot like him - such a little busybody!   ~dog~

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/b2/f3/6e/b2f36e0cd8f04fe7cf85793bf767c252.jpg

Grammabear

Shanny - I am glad you enjoyed the company of your family and their "furry" kid.  He/she is a cute dog.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021