You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

115 this morning, 114 at bedtime last night.

Tamagno hope you feel better soon!

Wally glad all went well with your dr.

Well, my day didn't go as well... When I checked in @ Oncologist they had orders for blood work. That scared me. The lab tech said he ordered different tests than normal. 5 tubes of blood later, Oncologist says I may have too much iron in my liver. The test results take 2 weeks to come back so don't know right now. If so, I'll have to go in to have them take blood to pull the iron out. I was a blood donor until the cancer dx, he says that is probably what kept the iron level down. At this point he is guessing until the results come back.

PCP says it looks like I have stones in my gall bladder which could be causing the symptoms I've been having. I had 2 good days and today was bad. So tomorrow I have an appointment at 7:45AM (OMG don't know how I will do that!!!) for an ultrasound to better look at the situation and an appointment with a surgeon a few hours later. Did not expect this at all!!

PCP wrote scripts for percocet and a nausea med, but when I read the side effects for both, there is no way I am taking either!! I am not in that much pain and I can deal with the nausea so far...

Geeze, I am fried at this point... :(

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Love & prayers, Barb. <3 <3 <3

skb

Take care everyone and a speedy return to "all is well".
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

258 this morning.

I suspect the antibiotics are causing high glucose. Definitely better which is great.

I've got to be quick this morning as I've a number of chores to do before we head down to New Haven to see the surgeon. I'm very much hoping not to hear any more chatter about my weight.

At least around here you can pretty much count on someone else having had similar problems and their solutions are always helpful. Bigskygal, prayers for your recovery. I wouldn't want that Percocet either; too hard to manage side effects.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

90 this morning.

Best Wishes to both Barb and Tamagno for a full recovery and here is to feeling much better very soon.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  We got to 99° yesterday so not over the 100° mark as predicted.  It is supposed to be getting cooler now.  There is a hurricane, Rosa, off the tip of Baja California right now that is supposed to be heading to Arizona and we will not see the bulk of it but there is a good chance of rain Tuesday and temps will be much lower.

Barbara, hope that you are able to get to the bottom of this.  Nowadays gallstones are a lot easier to take care of.  Removing the gall bladder is fairly easy and done as an outpatient. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

91 this morning, 111 at bedtime last night.

Thanks for the well wishes/prayers everyone. I dragged myself up this morning and drove in the dark (I hate driving in the dark!) up to the hospital for the ultrasound at 7:45AM. It took almost an hour and for some reason the pcp ordered that they keep me there until he got the results??

Sat around in the lobby nursing a cup of coffee for 1.5 hours and then went up for the surgeon appt. Turned out he was called into an emergency surgery and wasn't there.  >:( They said they called and left a message. Yes, they called, an unrecognized number and no message... I don't answer unknown numbers, but will respond to messages left. So no results from ultrasound today. I go back Monday. At least the appointment is in the afternoon!

This is turning into a mess I want no part of!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Barb - I'm glad you have the ultrasound over and done with.  Hopefully the news you gain on Monday will be ok.  It isn't fun to drive in the dark especially when you are not used to it.  Find a nice cup of coffee or tea and spend some time loving on Mr. Boo.  He probably missed you while you were away.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Major aggravation, sitting around on somebody else's schedule . . . unthinking clerks making appointments they have no inkling about. Hope you're nearly done with this mess. ((((Barb))))

bigskygal

Grammabear, Boo has been very cuddly the last few days. Lots of lap time. I think he knows something is up...

I know Shanny, the receptionist said they left a message... no message on my phone...annoying!!

Tamagno

248 this morning.

A decent visit with the surgeon yesterday; so far cancer free and only need to see him on an ad hoc basis. Lucked out on the weight deal as apparently my winter clothes are heavy enough to make the difference. Of course, all my other docs are watching as well, but at least I won't have to slog to New Haven any more.

Hopefully, BigSkyGal this gets done and put behind you. Wally's comment that it's now an outpatient procedure amazes me.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

114 this morning.

It is cold here this morning and I guess I will have to close the windows and turn on the heat.  I detest the end of Summer because it means that 'white stuff' isn't far behind.  Time to think about hibernating.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  A bit cooler yesterday and it should be about the same today but windy.  The hurricane down South is going to have some influence with our weather here next week but the 40% chance of rain Tuesday is now a 20% chance. 
Tamagno, so glad to hear you are cancer free ! 
Barbara, waiting around a Doctors office is one of my least favorite things to do.  And then to find out that the Doctor isn't going to be there is really rotten.  I had the same thing happen a while back.  I waited for an hour in the waiting room before I was told that the doctor was on vacation and wouldn't be there that day and no one bothered to call me to reschedule my appointment.  I let him know just how I felt about that when I did get my appointment.   ~mad~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

116 this cloudy morning, 111 at bedtime last night.

Yesterday's 6:30AM drive to the hospital and hanging around for hours really wrecked me!! This morning I felt very bad. I was going to go grocery shopping, but didn't feel well enough so will have to go tomorrow. Need cat litter, I can't think of any human food that appeals to me at this point...

Tamagno

170 this morning.

A nasty surprise yesterday morning as I learned that an ER doc had called Friday around 11pm to tell me that one of my labs came back positive for the same bacteria as the UTI and I am severely anemic and probably to weak to live.

Okay, so first thing in the morning we headed to the ER; I thought I was going just for them to draw more blood, but it turned a little ugly. The ER doc really wanted me to stay in hospital until they'd given a couple of transfusions, more antibiotic. There was no way at all I was prepared for time in hospital. In the end, I agreed to go over there this morning for more blood tests. I did agree to have a couple of transfusions at their center, which I can do more on my schedule. I left against medical advice. Whew!

To demonstrate my apparently near death weakness, I spent the rest of the afternoon making a vegetable salad. Spiralized linguini of squash, spiralized onion, carrot, string beans, fresh habaneros, and a little rigatoni. For dressing, homemade mayo, turned into blue cheese dressing with lots of blue cheese, Roquefort, and a few other goodies. I then put together a dinner of bratwurst I'd grilled the night before and the last of my tomatoe pie. Not exactly the Worlds Strongest stuff, but not bad considering.

Well, I feel okay, I guess but will have to miss church this morning to head back to the ER this morning. Hopefully, I can actually be out of there quickly!